2016 US Presidential Election Pt. IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you could vote for the Democratic candidate.

Hahahahaha. Not in a million years. They go against everything I believe in. I stand for the constitution and the power of the American people and the free market. I don't even bother going off about the democrats because I could go on and on and on. Americans want to go the easy, lazy and stupid way out of difficulty: wanting the government to fix our problems. Those are not the principles that made America great.
My biggest reason for being anti Trump is because he doesn't value the constitution. He keeps saying he's just going to get things done and make deals. That's not what a true conservative would do. It befuddles me that conservatives support Trump! He's a liberal! Wake up.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This is a real thing. :lol::crack:

9uuqnn.jpg

Hahahahaha. Not in a million years. They go against everything I believe in. I stand for the constitution and the power of the American people and the free market. I don't even bother going off about the democrats because I could go on and on and on. Americans want to go the easy, lazy and stupid way out of difficulty: wanting the government to fix our problems. Those are not the principles that made America great.
My biggest reason for being anti Trump is because he doesn't value the constitution. He keeps saying he's just going to get things done and make deals. That's not what a true conservative would do. It befuddles me that conservatives support Trump! He's a liberal! Wake up.

This literally doesn't make any sense at all.

You've done a great job memorizing the Hannity talking points, I'm surprised you didn't throw in a "Saul Alinsky" in there. Problem is you'd have a hard time backing up any of this. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone in here that thinks the constitution should be ignored, or that government should fix everything, or doesn't participate in the free market everyday. But they make for great catch phrases.

Hahahahaha. Not in a million years. They go against everything I believe in. I stand for the constitution and the power of the American people and the free market. I don't even bother going off about the democrats because I could go on and on and on. Americans want to go the easy, lazy and stupid way out of difficulty: wanting the government to fix our problems.

Also why I never vote Democrat. I feel like electing Hillary or a hard RINO candidate (Bush, Kasich) is putting up a person who's job will be overseeing America's economic decline. More debt, stagnant growth, more money being dolled out.

I differ from Bob on my view of Trump. He's a roll of the dice on where he stands on certain issues from a conservative viewpoint. But, if his bravado is enough to push through his tax plan and drop corporate rates to 15% it may be the adrenaline the economy needs. It would make the US a corporate tax haven and attract companies from abroad and keep what we have stateside. This will expand the taxable revenue the Federal government can take. We need to balance the books or else we are on the inevitable slide towards Greece.

I stand for the constitution and the power of the American people and the free market.

You realize that this sort of meaningless platitude sounds basically like a Trump soundbite?

It reminds me of a visiting law prof I had years ago (from Yale Law) who was telling us about entrance essays, including a surprising number he had read which opened with some form of "I believe in truth, justice and the American way."

I'm gonna make America great again! I'm gonna free market the shit out of it until it's bleeding Liberty. I'm gonna constitution my ass off until everyone is speaking English and praising Jesus. We will take this country back and shove Obama's sharia law up the rest of the world's ass!

I'm gonna make America great again! I'm gonna free market the shit out of it until it's bleeding Liberty. I'm gonna constitution my ass off until everyone is speaking English and praising Jesus. We will take this country back and shove Obama's sharia law up the rest of the world's ass!

well that's the shortest path for Nobel Prize, i guess.

Fucking Vines don't embed for me. Of all the incredible Jeb! vines there's been, not sure any of them can beat the real thing. This is like watching a dying puppy or something.

[tweet]694996406281461760[/tweet]

Fucking Vines don't embed for me. Of all the incredible Jeb! vines there's been, not sure any of them can beat the real thing. This is like watching a dying puppy or something.

It's somewhat amusing how far he seems to have fallen. I'd almost feel sorry for him.

I love how Trump tweeted (yesterday I think) that people don't "appreciate" him spending his own money on the campaign (as if he should have won the caucus by virtue of being the richest person) and how he is now going to dump more money into the future states but that it's "not really worth it"...not only is it the miserly approach we expect from most billionaires, but he honestly thought he would win the Iowa caucus and then not have to spend another dime on his way to the nomination. :lol:

No mention in the thread yet of Rand Paul and Rick Santorum dropping out (the latter endorsed Rubio) ...that leaves only Carly Fiorina and Jim Gilmore left from the JV Debate crowd.

Bernie continues to get a lot of high profile black politicians to endorse him or even switch to him from Clinton...he made a lot of momentum in the black vote nationwide over the last month and has some very dedicated supporters in SC making waves. I highly doubt he has even a prayer of winning South Carolina, but if he even sniffs 40% in that state, Clinton's campaign could pretty much be doomed.

Also why I never vote Democrat. I feel like electing Hillary or a hard RINO candidate (Bush, Kasich) is putting up a person who's job will be overseeing America's economic decline. More debt, stagnant growth, more money being dolled out.

I differ from Bob on my view of Trump. He's a roll of the dice on where he stands on certain issues from a conservative viewpoint. But, if his bravado is enough to push through his tax plan and drop corporate rates to 15% it may be the adrenaline the economy needs. It would make the US a corporate tax haven and attract companies from abroad and keep what we have stateside. This will expand the taxable revenue the Federal government can take. We need to balance the books or else we are on the inevitable slide towards Greece.

I'm fine with a conservative financial outlook.

It's the archiac and downright bigoted view of basic civil rights and an obsession with instruments of death where they lose me.

I'm fine with a conservative financial outlook.

It's the archiac and downright bigoted view of basic civil rights and an obsession with instruments of death where they lose me.

This!

It's what I've been saying for a long time, the right will have to reboot their platform. If they don't, they will die off and hand the next few decades over to the Dems.

Oof. That's...painful.

I'm not fine with a conservative financial outlook. The world is going to change beyond recognition in the next couple of generations, as the production of wealth becomes almost entirely decoupled, via automation, from the need for labour of any sort (beyond cultural, punishing and straitening reasons).

Of course at that point, I expect the prison industrial complex to form a sizeable part of any likely government response on behalf of its remnant constituency. Boy aren't I a little ball of sunshine today.

All those cartoonish Republican jibes about Democrats giving out 'free shit' (ie. to the wrong people) could come true in a fashion one day, because the alternatives will be revolution or genocide on a scale that would make Rwanda look like a minor dustup.

Last edited:
Automation is going to replace much of our workforce. Skynet for jobs with judgment day in the next decade. It could be a global free-for-all to get corporate human jobs. I suppose we will evolve new roles before it turns into the Matrix

Ahhh. . . Dystopian movie overload.

I prefer a Minority Report future. They'll still have Guinness.

35 years of neoliberalism and trickle down economics has led to nothing but increasing inequality and stagnating wages for regular people. Voting for a conservative who will continue to cut taxes for the rich is just going to continue the trend where the 1% win and everyone else gets shafted.

Automation is going to replace much of our workforce. Skynet for jobs with judgment day in the next decade. It could be a global free-for-all to get corporate human jobs. I suppose we will evolve new roles before it turns into the Matrix

Ahhh. . . Dystopian movie overload.

I prefer a Minority Report future. They'll still have Guinness.

I have yet to see any automated nurses, bar tenders, janitors, cleaners, lawn care workers, or farm pickers. Millions of people continue to move from Latin America to the United States to perform many of these jobs and there is no sign of this trend stopping. The predictions made in 1980 for what life would be like in 2020 don't even come close. In terms of economic growth, the technology that's come out over the past 16 years has not improved the country's overall economic growth rates. GDP growth on an annual basis was stronger and more consistent in the 20th century. Nothing that has been invented in the 21st century so far has proved as useful as the toilet which first became common in most homes in the early 20th century.

This!

It's what I've been saying for a long time, the right will have to reboot their platform. If they don't, they will die off and hand the next few decades over to the Dems.

What specific parts of the platform would you reboot?

Social issues ...

I think the GOP has made a detente with LGBT marriage after the SCOTUS ruling. The 'Cam & Mitchell' effect has normalized the culture in a positive way. Cruz would still reek of the pulpit, with Trump he has a more cosmopolitan view and would be more laser focused on jobs and security.

Minorities want jobs not handouts. The GOP platform is that a rising tide lifts all boats. Is that too simplistic? Where can we make the tweaks to our bigoted archaic views?

It's getting late for me to pull up the research but recent polling has found that public is more in line with restrictions on abortion. In the past there has been more stark contrast between Pro-Life and Pro-Choice factions. The original post Roe v Wade generation is being replaced by gen-x and millennials who are not polarized one way or another. They see a middle ground with restrictions at a certain point. The religious right and NARAL will still hold their positions. Both parties may evolve to this new consensus that has appeared again in polling. Like I said I'll find the link later. Not trying to create an abortion fight in the thread, just wanted to point out the changing public opinions.

This "a rising tide lifts all boats" pablum sounds lovely, but in actual Republican strategy has consistently been a focus on making life easier for those at the top and harder for those at the bottom. So yes, not only is "a rising tide lifts all boats" simplistic, it's also demonstrably false.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom