2016 US Presidential Election Pt. IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Downside: I turn out to be wrong and whistling past the graveyard.

Upside: if I'm right, I look awfully prescient six months from now.

Well certainly, things could be 'interesting' if he actually went the course. That would be 'interesting' times. What would get very 'interesting' is what would happen when he inevitably walked back the crazy talk (because no president has the ability or power to do much of what he alludes to), and his followers, the more active of them, took matters into their own hands.

Trump is the most interesting thing to happen to American politics since Obama burst on the scene to whoop Hillary. The debate last week was milquetoast without Trump there to be his outrageous self.

A talking monkey would be interesting too... But guess what? I'm not going to reward the monkey with my vote because he throws his shit at the right people.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Cruz 29%
Trump 25%
Rubio 21%

Wouldn't it be something if Trump came in 3rd. I would laugh.

This is the inevitable Rubio surge that I (and many experts) have been predicting for months. I've been saying for over a year now that he'll be the next president and I'll continue to stick by that. He's really hitting his stride. Trump skipping the Fox debate opened up a huge opportunity for Rubio and he took advantage.

Cruz 27.9
Trump 24.4
Rubio 22.7.
Rubio could very realistically jump to second. Looks like Cruz will win this.

I hope you do. I am looking for more information because I really haven't decided yet who I would vote for if my primary vote counted.

I don't think you're voting for Sanders out of a desire for political attrition warfare that only ends when the olds die off.
I forgot to respond to this.

Because it is relatively easy (and admittedly somewhat appropriate) to dismiss Bernie Sanders as an unrealistic candidate in a general election, the natural next step is to view Hillary Clinton as the more centrist candidate who can work with both sides and continue the gradual progress made by Barack Obama over the last eight years. However, taking everything about Clinton in and declaring her a center-left, responsible governor is an extremely generous way to look at her.

You are absolutely right about the nomination of the Supreme Court justices being an important part of the executive branch, which is why I will support the Democratic nominee whether it is Clinton or Sanders.

But I worry about Clinton's relationship with Wall Street, her relationship with her big donors (whether to her campaign or to the Clinton Foundation), and that those relationships will have her dabbling in neoliberalism. I worry about her foreign policy. To wit, I worry that the many ridiculous criticisms of her for being a woman or a liberal or the wife of Bill or desperate to appeal to youths (though that last one is exhausting) are going to wash away the legitimate criticisms of her as a beneficiary and supporter of cronyism in politics.

As I have gotten older, I have only really learned how little I truly understand about politics, especially economics. And I want to be clear: both Clinton and Sanders leave me very anxious for this upcoming election. Sanders will make me worry that he'll lose. Clinton will make me worry that the center will continue to move to the right.

Clinton will make me worry that the center will continue to move to the right.

No way. Her relationship with Wall Street is of concern, but you also have to realize she represents an end of an era. The end of that generation, and the end(at least current) of the big political families. Once the boomer generation fizzles the right, as we know it, will die.

Oh please let Trump slip to third. That would be hilarious.

Can't believe how agonisingly tight the Democratic polling is. Obviously there was a chance it would be close, but damnit a tight vote and being an election junkie make for an unproductive day at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom