2016 US Presidential Election Pt. IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't believe 'illegal aliens' is a term used without a hint of sarcasm or irony.

2a37a6e3c315864deaea461928a681437385f1dddcba1202b306b14e9638ac7d.jpg

Come on Bob you're trying way too hard. Attempted humor needs no source.

Can we please try to truly engage? Or are we going to perpetuate this culture of ignorance?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Last edited:
Can you please provide a source for that statement. Thanks.

Here is a little more about Ancient Aliens Guy. An expert in Aliens of all kinds. Apparently he read Chariots of the Gods and liked it. Source Wikipedia

Giorgio A. Tsoukalos (Greek: Γεώργιος Α. Τσούκαλος; born March 14, 1978) is a Swiss-born Greek-Austrian writer and television personality. He is a proponent of the idea that ancient alien astronauts interacted with ancient humans.[2] He is the Chairman and co-founder of Legendary Times magazine, which features articles from Erich von Däniken, David Hatcher Childress, Peter Fiebag, Robert Bauval, and Luc Bürgin on the topic of ancient astronauts and related subject matter.[2]

Tsoukalos is the director of Erich von Däniken's Center for Ancient Astronaut Research (the A.A.S. R.A.—Archaeology, Astronautics and SETI Research Association), and has appeared on The Travel Channel, The History Channel, the Sci-Fi Channel, the National Geographic Channel, as well as Coast to Coast AM, and is a consulting producer of the television series Ancient Aliens.[2]

Tsoukalos is a 1998 graduate of Ithaca College in Ithaca, New York, with a bachelor's degree in sports information and communication.[3] For several years in the early 2000s, before he made ancient astronaut research his primary career, he served as a bodybuilding promoter in IFBB sanctioned contests, including Mr. Olympia. He is fluent in English, Greek, German, French, and Italian.[2]

Tsoukalos is the host of the H2 series In Search of Aliens, which premiered on July 25, 2014.[4]

I'm not sure what you mean? Are you saying that because the word alien refers to an extraterrestrial being?

Yeah, and just from the point of view of someone living in Australia the term (which is not used here) sounds so dehumanising.

Yeah, and just from the point of view of someone living in Australia the term (which is not used here) sounds so dehumanising.

Funny enough, I tend not to call extraterrestrial beings aliens. Because I think it's all scifi and silly, in that context.

Not that this is super important, but I don't think the origin of the word is about extraterrestrial beings. I see the word to mean "from somewhere else," so I don't see it as particularly offensive. But I could see how it could be.

Not that this is super important, but I don't think the origin of the word is about extraterrestrial beings. I see the word to mean "from somewhere else," so I don't see it as particularly offensive. But I could see how it could be.

Because it's not:

alien (adj.)
mid-14c., "strange, foreign," from Old French alien "alien, strange, foreign; an alien, stranger, foreigner," from Latin alienus "of or belonging to another, foreign, alien, strange," also, as a noun, "a stranger, foreigner," adjectival form of alius "(an)other" (see alias (adv.)). Meaning "not of the Earth" first recorded 1920. An alien priory (c. 1500) is one owing obedience to a mother abbey in a foreign country.

But it wouldn't be a Vlad post in FYM if there wasn't something about how awful Americans are in there.

But it wouldn't be a Vlad post in FYM if there wasn't something about how awful Americans are in there.

I admire you too, Ashley. :wave:

Your little friendly personal comment aside, it wouldn't surprise me if progressive types outside of the US don't take too kindly to the term. And I guess the responses here go to show how uncontroversial a term it actually is.

Last edited:
Another Republican debate is tonight.

So far, I have watched all the debates from both political parties.

I agree with Ran Paul's decision not to participate when he was banned from the main debate. This splitting to an undercard and main event is not a fair deal for the candidates or the people watching.

Its on now......

I agree with Ran Paul's decision not to participate when he was banned from the main debate. This splitting to an undercard and main event is not a fair deal for the candidates or the people watching.

Its on now......

Rand brings something unique to the debate stage and brings up important discussions. The media had it out for his father and they have it out for Rand. He actually qualified for the debate.

There is some merit to having many debates. These guys are all much improved from the fall.

Competition would be a good thing for Mrs. Clinton. She's going to need to be sharp in the general. Remember after the first debate where she was great? And seemed to put away Sanders? And now he's apparently gaining momentum? Possibly because the DNC and DWS decided to hide the debates as much as they could? That strategy seems to have backfired.

For me, if I had to vote for these people, I'd obviously vote Kasich. I also think that we could survive a Jeb or Christie presidency.

The rest are just horrifying in so many different ways.

handicapping

Trump gets GOP nomination, outside chance for Cruz, no brokered convention.

Agree. Add this to the prediction.

Cruz will be his VP. They have been sparing recently, but it's not mean spirited. Even the birther moments in the debate was filled with humor. Trump was saying he wants Cruz to cover his ass and get a declarative ruling from a judge. Trump saying he wants to be sure he's squeaky clean if he wants him as VP. Cruz won out on the birther exchange, but Trump crushed Cruz on the New York Values exchange. Trump's best moment.

I think Trump wants to keep Cruz as an option and not alienate his supporters.
Not sure he will choose him.

Rubio was born in 71. Neither of his parents were U.S. Citizens until 1975.

Both of these guys owe their rise to the Senate on the tea Party founded on birther movement.

Its on now......

He wasn't banned. You overuse that word.

It's the GOPs own fault for allowing the clown car.

Rand brings something unique to the debate stage and brings up important discussions. The media had it out for his father and they have it out for Rand. He actually qualified for the debate.

Stop blaming "the media" Paul had his own issues and skeletons that were real and his to own up to.

I think Trump wants to keep Cruz as an option and not alienate his supporters.

Not sure he will choose him.

Rubio was born in 71. Neither of his parents were U.S. Citizens until 1975.

Both of these guys owe their rise to the Senate on the tea Party founded on birther movement.

An interesting conundrum indeed.

A Trump or Cruz candidacy all but guarantees a D in the White House until 2020. This is where the more moderate Clinton would sweep the purple states.

One could argue, however, that this would present an opportunity for a real progressive (Sanders) in the WH because the competition will be so weak. But, gosh, that's some high risk/high reward going on there.

HRC should choose Bernie as her VP. Take his white college kids.

There is still a world in which Rubio is the nominee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom