2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
12360137_10153809108277840_730287561045180394_n.jpg

Yeah, the Mitt Romney return has looked like a possibility for months now. It's too late for him to file for some states due to the deadlines having passed though, but there's already talk of him becoming the nominee on the convention floor if need be...

...it's still not the stupidest thing. Romney improved on what was expected of him against Obama by 1% of the popular vote or whatever according to FiveThirtyEight and I'd still contend that he'd do better against Clinton than all of these chumps. They have no chance of winning with Cruz whatsoever and almost zero chance with Trump, plus the down-ballot effect could be disastrous.

I was just thinking about how the semi-reasonable, handsome, presentable white guy still didn't beat the black Muslim guy (after he'd already had a term), and the Republicans think these clowns can beat the really smart, former big-shot white girl?

Go for it, you guys!

At the time it was deemed unpresidential to act like that.

Things have, uh, changed.

Yep, it all changed just a mere four years later in fact. It's still unbelievable that for decades so many voters placed a high preference on the look and sound of a person rather than what they supported. The success of the Bernie Sanders campaign in polling thus far proves that modern voters are just far more educated and informed than in past decades and actually care more about substance than superficial qualities. Any way you slice it, Reagan was fucking inevitable in that era given people's, well, stupidity.

Yep, it all changed just a mere four years later in fact. It's still unbelievable that for decades so many voters placed a high preference on the look and sound of a person rather than what they supported. The success of the Bernie Sanders campaign in polling thus far proves that modern voters are just far more educated and informed than in past decades and actually care more about substance than superficial qualities. Any way you slice it, Reagan was fucking inevitable in that era given people's, well, stupidity.

What polls? And how does this prove anything? Trump is doing well in the polls. We need to stop getting fooled by polling just because it makes us feel good about the one we like.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Modern voters may be more 'educated', but on the whole I'd seriously doubt they are better informed by their media than their counterparts of two generations ago. Seriously doubt it.

Mitt Romney won't be the nominee. The republicans have learned their lesson (through Romney nonetheless)... putting up a "safe candidate" is a sure way to lose.

Perhaps Trump can teach them that putting forward a complete asshat as a candidate is not a much better option.

I don't think they believe Romney was safe though. I'll bet a good number of GOP leaders believe the Mormon thing was the difference.

My favourite part so far was the dude who was like "climate conference?! THEY SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT DESTROYING ISIS"

Last time I made this point, people got mad at me because I criticized Chris Christie for deflecting gambling questions by saying ISIS was more important.

Because he's an "outsider" and is "not afraid to speak his mind," which is apparently all that we need in a candidate, even if he is a massive asshole, a liar, and supports destructive policies and rhetoric.

Never ever thought I'd actually feel bad for a member of the Bush family

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom