2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's he gonna do, kneecap his former supporters after the caravan moves on?

He's going to apply another coat of spray tan to himself, and subsequently evolve to a deadlier human lifeform.

Ha ha, no ☺️

It's just that I've known quite a few narcissistic people and they do live on their own planet, and do not take defeat or humiliation like the average person does.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hi, U2democrat :wave:!

Off the subject of Trump for a moment, did anyone catch last night's "Daily Show"? Jon Stewart was a guest on there to discuss renewing the Zadroga bill that gave 9/11 first responders healthcare and compensation. He did NOT have good things to say about Mitch McConnell (the big barrier to getting this bill renewed). And the way politicians reacted to his visit to Capitol Hill was infuriating and embarrassing.

Also, we learned what happened to a few of the people who were part of the panel of first responders that appeared on "The Daily Show" back in 2010, when Stewart first brought attention to this issue. Sadly the news was not good.

Anywho, so if you need to write McConnell or other politicians who so far aren't on board with renewing this, go for it.

Found this interesting observation in online discussion. May explain the "Method behind the Madness" of Trump. His campaign tactics are way outside the box.

Say something incendiary that magnetically draws all media attention his way, flooding the news cycle with stories about Trump™ and denying his opponents screen time. Since Trump set "the agenda", opponents are forced to respond to Trump as if he is already the leader. He can maneuver the conversation any way he wants since he already has the high ground. He's the ring-leader of the circus, and impresses that his opinions are the only ones that matter. Anyone who wants to get heard has to ride his coat-tails

In Trump's own book The Art of the Deal he outlines a classic negotiation tactic of opening with an extreme offer. By starting any deal with an extreme bid, you take control of the conversation by establishing yourself as the "demander" (the person with power is usually the one making demands), psychologically cowing the people at the table. If the people at the table are willing to resist, they'll spend the whole time fighting you back down to what you actually want and you won't be able to lose much ground on your end. If the opposition is weak, they'll give you more than you expected. This is exactly why he opened up with the Border Wall, and why he's now proposing we ban Muslims from entering the country. He set an extreme position, and can then be "walked down" from it whenever he wants, and look like a fair and reasonable man willing to compromise.

In any civilized country "proposing we ban Muslims from entering" would be regarded as an outlandish, insane notion.
If anyone would mistake that for compromise they need to get their head checked.

He set an extreme position, and can then be "walked down" from it whenever he wants, and look like a fair and reasonable man willing to compromise.

Yeeeeeeeah, when I look at Trump, I don't think "fair and reasonable", and I won't think that even if he does back down from his "let's ban Muslims" rhetoric. The fact he said such a thing in the first place proves he's not interested in being fair and reasonable. And I have no desire to try to compromise with someone who spouts the crap that he does.

His tactics are nothing more than stupid, obnoxious bullying maneuvers. I don't want to play games, I want someone who is sane and has logical, rational suggestions on how to get things done. Playing games and competing to find out who can say the most outlandish things is what's responsible for the messes we find ourselves in.

This is official press release Monday. I'm not arguing for or against. Just submitting as evidence to the court of FYM as evidence of what he said. Direct from his website.

(New York, NY) December 7th, 2015, -- Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on. According to Pew Research, among others, there is great hatred towards Americans by large segments of the Muslim population. Most recently, a poll from the Center for Security Policy released data showing "25% of those polled agreed that violence against Americans here in the United States is justified as a part of the global jihad" and 51% of those polled, "agreed that Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to Shariah." Shariah authorizes such atrocities as murder against non-believers who won't convert, beheadings and more unthinkable acts that pose great harm to Americans, especially women.

Mr. Trump stated, "Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine. Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life. If I win the election for President, we are going to Make America Great Again." - Donald J. Trump

Trump truly is a godsend and I really am hoping he's his party's nominee. Down ballot disaster and it will tarnish the Republican Party as outspoken racists for the rest of our lives (rather than white guys who use a lot of coded language). Keep at it, Donald! :up:

Not for nothing, but the democrats were once the racist party, and they survived. And that really wasn't that long ago. Mind you a completely different time, but still.

The GOP will survive this, and if anything it may force them to make much needed changes.

That might take another decade or so, but they'll bounce back.

Well, I just read the White House press secretary already made a statement about Trump disqualifying himself.

I wondered how his supporters would "explain" his latest racist bullshit. Now I know.

You're just attaching an ism to him, Trump is just speaking the truth. He is THE voice of the antiestablishment.

They will get their shit together after 8 years of Hillary, perhaps. Or they will keep touting outrageous bullshit and then accompany that with shutting down the government & all the typical stuff. Then the Dems will run and elect the first openly GLBT potus after Hillary's two terms are up.

They will get their shit together after 8 years of Hillary, perhaps.

Eh, if they didn't get their shit together after 8 years of the evil Muslim anti-christ Obama, I don't know that they ever will. ;)

Also:

The mayor of Philadelphia just called the front-running Republican Presidential candidate an asshole.

The comment came at the tail end of a press conference, a day after a severed pig’s head was found outside the Al Aqsa Mosque on Germantown Avenue.

http://billypenn.com/2015/12/08/mayor-michael-nutter-donald-trump-a-hole/

Michael Nutter = truth speaker.

Last edited:
In Trump's own book The Art of the Deal he outlines a classic negotiation tactic of opening with an extreme offer. By starting any deal with an extreme bid, you take control of the conversation by establishing yourself as the "demander" (the person with power is usually the one making demands), psychologically cowing the people at the table. If the people at the table are willing to resist, they'll spend the whole time fighting you back down to what you actually want and you won't be able to lose much ground on your end. If the opposition is weak, they'll give you more than you expected.

Also an effective strategy at flea markets and garage sales :drunk:

The severed pig's head thing. Charming :|. Hope they find the creep who did that.

Nutter also called on Pennsylvania Republicans to disinvite Trump from the fund-raiser, saying having a “reality star” and a “cartoon character” as a candidate was one thing, but that having real people take Trump’s ideas seriously was a concern.

Thiiiiiiiiiiiis. So much this.

Kenney, for his part, stressed that America was a nation of immigrants, and that immigrants, once they arrive, should know “once they get here, we are going to protect them. We stand with them.”

Hey, there's a novel idea! Embrace the very concept that helped make this country what it was and is! Who'da thunk?

Seriously, I don't get how politicians can in one breath chest-beat about how the fact that people want to come here from all over the world is proof of what makes this country so awesome, and then in the next breath start railing against all these immigrants when they DO try and come here, and try to restrict their ability to be here any way they possibly can.

Last edited:
Seriously, I don't get how politicians can in one breath chest-beat about how the fact that people want to come here from all over the world is proof of what makes this country so awesome, and then in the next breath start railing against all these immigrants when they DO try and come here, and try to restrict their ability to be here any way they possibly can.

As a Great-great-grandchild of Polish and Lithuanian immigrants I would love to believe this too. Unfortunately, there is less assimilation in the modern age and more disturbing is that within immigrant pockets their is open hostility towards their new homeland.

Center for Security Policy: Poll of U.S. Muslims Reveals Ominous Levels Of Support For Islamic Supremacists’ Doctrine of Shariah, Jihad

From above link of the poll of 600 Muslims living in the US.

13. "Violence against Americans here in the United States can be justified as part of the global Jihad"

25% TOTAL AGREE (NET)

13% STRONGLY AGREE

12% SOMEWHAT AGREE

I'm not against Islam as a religion, but these stats are alarming from a security standpoint. As the with Obama, I view this as a perversion of a religion. We can discuss a percentage of Christianity that supports violence against PP and abortion clinics, if there is a poll. I'm sure there is a percentage that would see the murder of George Tiller as justified.

As a Great-great-grandchild of Polish and Lithuanian immigrants I would love to believe this too. Unfortunately, there is less assimilation in the modern age and more disturbing is that within immigrant pockets their is open hostility towards their new homeland.

Center for Security Policy: Poll of U.S. Muslims Reveals Ominous Levels Of Support For Islamic Supremacists’ Doctrine of Shariah, Jihad

13. "Violence against Americans here in the United States can be justified as part of the global Jihad"

25% TOTAL AGREE (NET)

13% STRONGLY AGREE

12% SOMEWHAT AGREE

I'm not against Islam as a religion, but these stats are alarming from a security standpoint. As the with Obama, I view this as a perversion of a religion. We can discuss a percentage of Christianity that supports violence against PP and abortion clinics, if there is a poll. I'm sure there is a percentage that would see the murder of George Tiller as justified.

That website's been slagged by all sides. The man who runs it is a long time conspiracy theorist and creates polls to back these theories up.

Hi U2democrat! How have you been? :hyper:

Every day must be Christmas if you're Hillary Clinton.

25% TOTAL AGREE (NET)

13% STRONGLY AGREE

12% SOMEWHAT AGREE

I'm looking at all the things on the sidebar, with phrases like "Assault on the Right" and "Targeting the NRA" to name a couple, and that's already making me side-eye the legitimacy of this site and its statistics. They sound rather paranoid.

And I'm still waiting for this supposed encroachment of Sharia law that people keep insisting is coming our way. Haven't seen or heard any hint of it being a legit threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom