2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this déjà vu? I swear the two of you had a very similar "fuck trump" followed up by "sarcastic comment about trump being right" very recently.

I spoke too soon.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...-calls-for-banning-muslims-from-entering-u-s/

Donald J. Trump called on Monday for the United States to bar all Muslims from entering the country

My post should really say "Fuck you, Donald Trump, you fucking piece of shit. Fuck off."

I don't get at all how he can propose something so blatantly unconstitutional. He'd have to literally get elected and immediately set up a full-blown dictatorship in order to do half the shit he's coming up with.

If the Republican Party nominates him for President, they are openly declaring support for a revolution to overthrow the current system of government and install a dictator (a dictator who, need I remind, would be DONALD FUCKING TRUMP). Think about that for a second.

1YrmfFu.gif

If Trump wins the nomination, I can't justify voting for him. Certainly not voting democrat, but I couldn't vote for Trump. I may just do a write in. But there's nothing to worry about, Rubio will win the nomination.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It really feels like he is playing a game of seeing how extreme of a statement he can say before he starts falling in the polls...

If the Republican Party nominates him for President, they are openly declaring support for a revolution to overthrow the current system of government and install a dictator (a dictator who, need I remind, would be DONALD FUCKING TRUMP). Think about that for a second.

Not really much of a 'revolution' when you're going to be going backwards.

Limited government, except when he hates the ones you hate.

Trump and his supporters aren't interested in limited government, they're interested in nationalism. They don't care about small government principles.

Not really much of a 'revolution' when you're going to be going backwards.

I mean I totally disagree with the guy, but I would still venture to say it would be a revolution in the Republican Party. It would effectively break the fiscal conservatives from the lunatics, and allow the Republican Party to change its platform on a lot of stupid shit.

Trump and his supporters aren't interested in limited government, they're interested in nationalism. They don't care about small government principles.

Which is why I find the far right's obsession with him to be a reflection of their hypocrisy.

Which is why I find the far right's obsession with him to be a reflection of their hypocrisy.

I'm not sure it's a reflection of their hypocrisy, so much as its a reflection of how people think in this country in general. Sports team mentality. Believing in something simply because their party does, and defending that as logic.

Donald Trump, to many, has superseded the party color. It's about Trump, not about being a Repube. Down with the "eatablishment." Trump outwardly supported tax bracketing and called it "fair" and said he was willing to pay more because he makes more. Which was one of the more logical things he's ever said. But yeah, the result was that people changed the way they think, becaus Trump said it, and Trump said other things they really care about (like being racist!).

Trump truly is a godsend and I really am hoping he's his party's nominee. Down ballot disaster and it will tarnish the Republican Party as outspoken racists for the rest of our lives (rather than white guys who use a lot of coded language). Keep at it, Donald! :up:

Sad but true, Lucky. Your "down with the establishment" thing reminds me of one of the most infuriating reasons I've heard for why he gets support. "He's not afraid to speak his mind! He actually takes the gloves off and says what people are too scared to say!"

There's a disturbing amount of people who seem to think that "being honest and not afraid to say what's on your mind" means that people should have carte blanche to say whatever stupid thought pops into their head without being called on it.

One of the (many) things I find most laughable and confusing about the right being fans of Trump: Remember how one of the biggest criticisms they had of Obama in 2008 was that he was more of a celebrity than a politician.

Uh-huh. Yeah. So...where's that same complaint now?

"Down with the establishment" sounds hilarious because he is essentially a cog in the establishment. If this was, say, a party coming out of nowhere with a leader inherently opposed to the two main parties - then fine, but this is amusing.

"Down with the establishment" sounds hilarious because he is essentially a cog in the establishment. If this was, say, a party coming out of nowhere with a leader inherently opposed to the two main parties - then fine, but this is amusing.

Well. Hence the quotations. Because I agree on that much.

I'm getting to the point where I almost hope he somehow gets the nomination (which I don't believe he will). At this stage, even if he is trolling for publicity for the further progress of Donald Trump Inc, I'd like to see him destroyed and utterly humiliated.

Trump doesn't seem like the sort of person who feels humiliation, if that's even possible.

I'm hoping somehow, Trump actually has a soul and withdraws right before winning the nomination, only to tell the nation that it was a big social experiment to display how racist, sexist, and prejudiced this country is, and that he's terribly sorry but that all of his followers should be ashamed.

I'd say that gets you a Nobel peace prize and the cover of Time, if he's really shooting for notoriety ?

I'm hoping somehow, Trump actually has a soul and withdraws right before winning the nomination, only to tell the nation that it was a big social experiment to display how racist, sexist, and prejudiced this country is, and that he's terribly sorry but that all of his followers should be ashamed.

I'd say that gets you a Nobel peace prize and the cover of Time, if he's really shooting for notoriety ?

Sorry but I don't think that's the case at all. He really strikes me as a total narcissist and people like him are too full of themselves to have a conscience. I believe he truly means what he says, and believe he lives in his own universe where he thinks he can make what he says possible.

I'm getting to the point where I almost hope he somehow gets the nomination (which I don't believe he will). At this stage, even if he is trolling for publicity for the further progress of Donald Trump Inc, I'd like to see him destroyed and utterly humiliated.

If he doesn't get the nomination, he has said he'll run as a third party candidate. If that happens, the GOP vote would be split, and basically gives the presidency to Hillary right away.

As for humiliation, people like him are particularly vengeful when humiliated and retaliation comes swiftly

He's going to apply another coat of spray tan to himself, and subsequently evolve to a deadlier human lifeform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom