2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If by idiots you mean xenophobes and racists, than sure.

God, this is so disturbing, I can't even begin.

The phrase "Those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it" always stays relevant. Japanese internment worked out so well, right?

Racists are idiots for the most part.

Those who actually have some intelligence and are still racist as fuck... real evil motherfuckers... I kinda doubt they care about Donald Trump.

Honestly, Trump still has zero chance of even getting the GOP nomination, let alone gaining any actual power. There overwhelming majority of Americans don't give a turkey about the election yet

In Europe, however... That's another story.

Last edited:
Racists are idiots for the most part.

Those who actually have some intelligence and are still racist as fuck... real evil motherfuckers... I kinda doubt they care about Donald Trump.

Honestly, Trump still has zero chance of even getting the GOP nomination, let alone gaining any actual power.

In Europe, however... That's another story.

yeah.....but he's leading the poll. will that ever change?

on the side note, Bernie is most-popular senator, so #FeelTheBern

Last edited:
my mom: how the hell can that Trump guy ever be a president with that weird hair? I can't even take him seriously with that word toupee-esque thing on his head.

How are there still 14 left? The delusion runs high in this field.

Trump now inching up to a 40 percent nationwide average. Yet the rest of the candidates refuse to target him or spend their money going after the guy.

Meanwhile, Trump is now refusing to participate in the next debate unless CNN donates five million dollars to veteran's charities...could get interesting.

How are there still 14 left? The delusion runs high in this field.

Trump now inching up to a 40 percent nationwide average. Yet the rest of the candidates refuse to target him or spend their money going after the guy.

Meanwhile, Trump is now refusing to participate in the next debate unless CNN donates five million dollars to veteran's charities...could get interesting.

There's 14 left because every single one of those 14 know that Trump and Carson, who hog most of the polling numbers, will have their voters ultimately distributed elsewhere. And, at this point, nothing is certain. If there was ever an election where an out of nowhere candidate could rise, it's this one.

Nobody is targeting Trump because ultimately if they do they'll turn away the jackpot... Trump's constituency.

Basically, Trump is fucking everything up and it's a wonderful question of whether or not it's on purpose. I think it's on purpose.

If it is on purpose, it still makes me uncomfortable regardless, because of how many utterly horrible and offensive things Trump had to say in order to really screw with the party's voters and divide them up and whatnot. I have to think there's way better tactics to use, ones that don't continue to fan the flames regarding all the crappy stuff going on in the news of late.

And if it was being done as some sort of twisted way to show just how backwards some of the party's voters really are in their beliefs, on the one hand, it's good we know that going forward, but on the other hand, being reminded that yes, there are people stupid enough to support him and consider voting for him based off of the ignorant and untrue things he's been saying is...depressing as hell all the same.

And if his whole schtick is not being done on purpose, f he's dead serious with everything he's said and done, then that just further proves why he needs to get the hell out of the race NOW. Either way, all I know is that I just really want him gone. This whole "joke" with him ran out of steam ages ago, if it was ever funny at all.

I think the dynamic of being "done on purpose" is misunderstood though.

I don't think he's some democratic plant. Nobody is paying him to sabotage the race.

Personally I think he's absolutely a narcissist, and loves every minute of being important. I don't think he specifically agrees or disagrees with anything that comes out of his own mouth. But I think even back to the birther days, it was all just part of his project to run for president. He's not a good person, but he's also not insane as he might lead you to believe. He's incredibly clever, and he's taking everyone who takes him seriously for a ride. At the end of the day he's just investing in his own name.

Oh, no, yeah, I don't think he's some sort of plant, either, you're right about that. But it is clear he's gotten some encouragement to continue to spout his crazy rhetoric from somewhere, and I do think if one of the other GOP candidates wants to look "better" by comparison, they might be relishing in seeing Trump's supporters and being like, "See? He attracts an irrational crowd, I'm certainly not that out there!" Especially if they want to try and appeal to the moderate/independent voters out there-they know Trump's brand of crazy will be a massive turnoff, so they're not going to stop Trump saying the stupid things he says, because they'll gain some of those voters that way.

I also agree that he's a clever man. It just sucks that he's using that cleverness for crappy means.

The major endorsement race has Bush in the lead, followed by Rubio and Christie.

Trump and Carson are tied with zero.

Christie just picked up a major endorsement in New Hampshire. If he can win there, he's all of a sudden right back in the middle of things.

There's something in the range of 80% of likely Republican voters who are still undecided. Trump's big 20% polling numbers is really just 20% out of 20%... so closer to 4% out of the total likely voters.

And really... how many undecideds are actually going to go to Trump?

Exactly.

That's why nobody's dropping out yet. While the dopes on TV are focusing on Dipshit and Asswipe, the race between candidates who actually have a chance of winning the GOP nomination is still very much wide open.

Last edited:
There's something in the range of 80% of likely Republican voters who are still undecided. Trump's big 20% polling numbers is really just 20% out of 20%... so closer to 4% out of the total likely voters.

Are these likely primary voters or likely general election voters? I was always under the impression that the primary voters are a relatively small % of the overall registered party voters and that's why lunatics stand a better chance in the primaries.

For GOP primary voters Trump is the candidate they have been waiting for. McCain and Romney were products of the establishment and refused to take the gloves off so to speak. Trump is the exact opposite (seeming at times almost to his detriment. I know many in here have attached (insert)-phobe, (insert)-ist to him and his followers over the past couple weeks. I'll admit that re-tweet was a bonehead move.)
Nonetheless, he has a Teflon effect, by remaining aggressive when challenged by the media or other candidates, these controversies seem to fade into the background. That's what is frustrated the GOP establishment so much. He is committing gaffes and exaggerations on his own and its still not dropping his numbers.

My theory is that many voters see the entire government establishment as one huge "gaffe" that needs a giant bitch-slap. They see in Trump the vehicle to do this and as a bonus befuddle the media as well (who they don't trust according to polling).

All of the batshit craziness aside, i do think TRUMP! could get the nomination, and then possibly win it all. I am not sure i felt that way when he first jumped into the race. Early this spring i felt that Hillary was unstoppable, and while that may or may not still be the case, she has showed some vulnerabilities. Still a long way to go even though its less than a year out now. Time flies..

All of the batshit craziness aside, i do think TRUMP! could get the nomination, and then possibly win it all. I am not sure i felt that way when he first jumped into the race. Early this spring i felt that Hillary was unstoppable, and while that may or may not still be the case, she has showed some vulnerabilities. Still a long way to go even though its less than a year out now. Time flies..

If Trump did get the nomination versus Hillary there would be interesting dynamics.

- Which is the greater undecided sentiment? "Trump is batshit crazy, I'll never vote for him" "All these years I have despised Hillary, I'll never vote for her"

- Trump gains, Hillary alienates white working class male voters (Independents, Blue Collar (Reagan) Democrats) Plus Trump for PA, OH, IA

- Trump loses Hispanic votes. Plus Hillary for VA, CO, FL (but Cubans go GOP)

- Hillary underperforming with Millennials (under 35) in current Dem Primary. While Trump's strongest age group is Millennials in current polling for GOP Primary. In general election Millennials have skewed Dem big time with Obama. Will Sanders's eventual defeat dampen turnout among Millennials for Clinton? Will the celebrity-obsessed culture of younger folks cause them to give Trump a second look?

- How much does Clinton attach herself to Obama? Does she present herself as a third term policy wise?

- Will Trump gain more Conservatives that sat out McCain & Romney or cause more Republicans to stay home because they don't view him as a real member of the party ?

- Will Trump generate an unforgivable gaffe?

- FBI Director Comey seems to be plowing full steam ahead in Hillary's investigation. What more damage can this cause Hillary?

- What role will unforeseen events play? More terrorist attacks? Economic woes?

For GOP primary voters Trump is the candidate they have been waiting for. McCain and Romney were products of the establishment and refused to take the gloves off so to speak. Trump is the exact opposite (seeming at times almost to his detriment. I know many in here have attached (insert)-phobe, (insert)-ist to him and his followers over the past couple weeks. I'll admit that re-tweet was a bonehead move.)
Nonetheless, he has a Teflon effect, by remaining aggressive when challenged by the media or other candidates, these controversies seem to fade into the background. That's what is frustrated the GOP establishment so much. He is committing gaffes and exaggerations on his own and its still not dropping his numbers.

My theory is that many voters see the entire government establishment as one huge "gaffe" that needs a giant bitch-slap. They see in Trump the vehicle to do this and as a bonus befuddle the media as well (who they don't trust according to polling).

I think he's proving who the "base" really is, of course the establishment is worried about that. They've been trying to deny for decades that they depend on the bigots of this country.

And don't kid yourself and act like its hyperbole and that WE are attaching these descriptions to him. If you can't see it, you're part of the problem. And I honestly don't think you are, I just think you're willfully turning your head.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hillary would crush Trump. Crush.

No person of color would vote for Trump (in any statistically significant way). In fact, he'd do as good a job turning out the Dem base as the first black president did.

You can't win on whites alone.

Donald Trump is like if a comments section suddenly became a sentient being and ran for president.

Someone on Larry Wilmore's show said a similar thing tonight :p. Pretty much sums it up.

For GOP primary voters Trump is the candidate they have been waiting for. McCain and Romney were products of the establishment and refused to take the gloves off so to speak.

Yeeeeeeeah, except here's the problem with that analysis: there's a vast difference between being just plain honest, and being an obnoxious, ignorant bully. Trump is not "telling it like it is" or "taking off the gloves", he's spreading flat out lies and misinformation. He's saying incredibly, deeply insulting things about women, about black people, about Mexicans...and then there was that disabled reporter thing that happened just recently, too. He's all bluster and no substance. If anyone honestly believes he'd actually get anything of any importance done as president, I have a bridge in Florida I'll be happy to sell them.

I know many in here have attached (insert)-phobe, (insert)-ist to him and his followers over the past couple weeks.

He's happily attaching those "phobe"/"ist" descriptions all on his own through his words and actions. We're not calling him those sorts of things just for the hell of it, you know.

I'll admit that re-tweet was a bonehead move.)

Oh, how generous. 99.99999999% of what Trump's said and done can be classified as boneheaded moves.

If I wake up on election day next year and find out Trump is actually going to be our next president, well...Canada's always sounded like a lovely country.

No one could imagine a President Barack Hussein Obama.

After watching his convention speech in 2004, I said "Wow, this guy is going to run for President someday"

It was a great speech. Then you guys had Kerry come out "I'm Reporting for Duty"

It was like U2 opening for J Geils Band (which they actually did in the early-80s)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom