2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked this up, turns out he left in 1957 and was strongly opposed to the Batista regime. Not sure of the relevance to the thread/topic, but I just found it intriguing.

The worst part is that both him and Rubio try to frame it as the family leaving because of Castro which obviously isn't even the case. Rubio's mother went back all the time, in fact, and even wanted the family to move back to Cuba...

I'm not surprised that is something they'd play up. I always had the impression that both were descended from the former Cuban elite.

As far as I'm concerned, ignoring their other political positions, just the hysterically xenophobic response that every single GOP presidential candidate has displayed since last Friday has disqualified them all from being fit to serve as President. They are reacting to this situation exactly how ISIS wants them to react. Perfectly willing to dehumanize and demonize a large group of people based on paranoia and fear.

It's hard to even describe how absolutely disgusting and moronic this rhetoric is, and it's not just confined to the US. We've had similar rhetoric from some politicians and commentators in Australia. Frankly, the supporters of these people are terrible human beings. There's no other way to put it.

They're handing the election to Clinton :lol:

I don't know, this sort of inflammatory rhetoric has a habit of playing well.

Maybe Axver can be created to do the Muslim database. His work on U2gigs is aces.

:lmao:

This is Muhammad's second visit to Boston after an absence of three weeks. He's been tracked to a total of nine cities so far this year.

"That sort of racial disparity isn't uncommon: Of the 3,021 homicides of white people in 2014, 82% were committed by white people, while 15% of the offenders were black. The figures Trump retweeted inaccurately stated that 81% of white homicide victims are killed by blacks."

:lmao:

The worst part is that both him and Rubio try to frame it as the family leaving because of Castro which obviously isn't even the case. Rubio's mother went back all the time, in fact, and even wanted the family to move back to Cuba...

Scandalous.

So Trump is doubling down on his 9/11 claim now. He's basically gone full blown racist and xenophobe. So the question is; is the racist vote on the right big enough to get him the nomination? Will anyone on the right step up?

OR is Trump doubling down so to lose momentum? There were many that believed he never really wanted this to begin with, is he trying to find his way out?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So Trump is doubling down on his 9/11 claim now.

I think the best part of this is that Ben Carson is now insisting that he too saw that same video of "thousands" of Muslims in Jersey cheering the towers coming down. Even though it has been thoroughly debunked. You can't make this stuff up.

Between grain storage, not knowing who wrote the constitution, now this, and the other numerous misunderstandings of basic facts he might just be the dumbest candidate running for president in decades. Neurosurgeons around the world are :facepalm: embarrassed.

OR is Trump doubling down so to lose momentum? There were many that believed he never really wanted this to begin with, is he trying to find his way out?

What would he have to gain from a half-hearted presidential run, though? He had enough notoriety as it was, and it's a damn expensive joke if he was just testing people's patience intentionally.

I haven't been following it too closely, so forgive me if it has been mentioned already.

I seem to recall a video of some celebrations somewhere in the Middle East. Not sure where. Could Trump be thinking about that and mistaking it for New Jersey? It's an easy mistake to make, I guess.

What would he have to gain from a half-hearted presidential run, though? He had enough notoriety as it was, and it's a damn expensive joke if he was just testing people's patience intentionally.

:shrug: IDK, it just seems like we're getting punked.

I haven't been following it too closely, so forgive me if it has been mentioned already.

I seem to recall a video of some celebrations somewhere in the Middle East. Not sure where. Could Trump be thinking about that and mistaking it for New Jersey? It's an easy mistake to make, I guess.

Yeah, except he doubled down on the fact that they were American Muslims after being told it was debunked.

I wonder whats worse:

TRUMP: I've seen video of Muslims cheering on 9/11

CARSON: I too saw the video of Muslims cheering on 9/11

CARSON: No I didn't understand the question, I didn't see the Muslims cheering.

Trump the idiot that's making this shit up
or
Carson the idiot that first agreed until he didn't

:hmm:

Why is it we never actually talk about issues?

It's always the stupidest shit. Who cares about a video of cheering people? What does that have to do with today, with the economy, with anything? Even if it did happen/exist, it was from 14 years ago....

I don't know if it's the media's fault, our own fault for showing interest...or both.

Why is it we never actually talk about issues?

It's always the stupidest shit. Who cares about a video of cheering people? What does that have to do with today, with the economy, with anything? Even if it did happen/exist, it was from 14 years ago....

I don't know if it's the media's fault, our own fault for showing interest...or both.

Because he's trying to justify his stance on monitoring Muslims, which is very much a real issue.

My husband also thinks Trump did this for a lark or a joke and now he's gotten too far and has to find a way to stop it.

I'm still not sure. I think his ego us really out of control enough to be serious.

What's inexcusable are the people actually supporting him. Good gravy.

Trump isn't trying to get out of it...he does better when his statements are at their most offensive because it gets him attention...a free poll boost without having to spend a dime of his own money.

Carson's the biggest idiot running and, objectively, the least competent leader in the field. I've always felt that there's a big difference between being an intelligent person and someone who does a job that requires a lot of education. There's plenty of party girls binge drinking and clubbing with their friends three nights a week while being lawyers in the morning. There's plenty of people that make six figure salaries that couldn't get anywhere close to pointing out Syria on a map, etc. Being successful when it comes to education really just requires a bare minimum of competency and a work ethic to see it all through...it has very little to do with actual intelligence.

Kasich, Huckabee, Graham, and yes, even Gilmore have all taken up NBC on their offer to get 12 minutes of screen time in the first three voting states in order to make up for the amount Trump had on SNL. So if you're playing the "who is going to drop out next game?" these guys probably plan to stick around a little longer. Not sure why the other candidates didn't want the free airtime...

Trump absolutely did this as a publicity stunt, either on his own or possibly with the egging on of one of his former President golfing buddies, and is either doubling down to see how far he can take it or in so far that he doesn't really know how to get out without admitting the whole thing was a goof so he's trying to self sabatoge and it just isn't working, because he seriously underestimated the number of idiots there are in this country.

because he seriously underestimated the number of idiots there are in this country.

If by idiots you mean xenophobes and racists, than sure.

God, this is so disturbing, I can't even begin.

The phrase "Those who don't know their history are doomed to repeat it" always stays relevant. Japanese internment worked out so well, right?

Trump said today that he basically has an innate sense that can accurately predict terrorism. I take back my earlier comments as it must be self sabotage at this point. Right? Right? :doh:

If we can send him to Raqqa then he'll definitely have that innate sense going good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom