2016 US Presidential Election Pt. III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My rankings on debate performance
1 Rand 2 Rubio 3 Cruz 4 Kasich
5 Carson 6 Trump 7 Bush 8 Fiorina
Overall Winner: Herman Cain

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I found Kasich super-annoying by trying to butt in all the time. Fiorina too.

No outright winner tonight.

Trump was not eloquent by any means, but his simple statement of "we're a country of laws" on immigration will be the red meat that keeps the Trump army growing.

I found Kasich super-annoying by trying to butt in all the time. Fiorina too.

No outright winner tonight.

Trump was not eloquent by any means, but his simple statement of "we're a country of laws" on immigration will be the red meat that keeps the Trump army growing.

Kasich got annoying by the end of it. But I respect the fact that he's not going down without a fight. Unlike, for instance, Huckabee, who was not even invited into the debate.

Bob its time you tried "Dumb Starbucks"

Dumb Starbucks Report

BTW: Nathan For You is one of the funniest shows on TV right now. You can find a lot of eps on youtube and the new ones are on Comedy Central on Thursdays

So glad there's another person who loves Nathan for You. It's easily one of the best and most interesting shows on TV. I never know what direction he's gonna go.

Kasich got annoying by the end of it. But I respect the fact that he's not going down without a fight. Unlike, for instance, Huckabee, who was not even invited into the debate.

Kasich comes across abrasive. And not the charming kind of abrasive. :lol:

I still have a soft spot for the guy.

Ted Cruz looked like he was wearing a Ted Cruz Halloween mask

Also can we talk about Ben Carson's "biblical" tax plan. It would result in a deficit of around 1.1 trillion dollars...he also doesn't realize that you can't just tax GDP...

I think we have found the problem with Ben Carson...

12249641_10153728352630070_2159492913148132906_n.jpg

Perhaps this is performance art of the highest order.

Though, given his startling call for a renewal of "Operation Wetback," I'm beginning to wonder if he isnt a Clinton plant trying to disqualify the entire party for Latino voters.

Though, given his startling call for a renewal of "Operation Wetback," I'm beginning to wonder if he isnt a Clinton plant trying to disqualify the entire party for Latino voters.
...did he actually use those words? :ohmy:

It's a real thing, but it was chosen very deliberately as a talking point for its use of 'wetback'. Like Oregoropa says, it's the red meat of this election.

Last edited:

I called him a Clinton plant from the start but was always half joking. No longer.

Funny thing is Trump's "how stupid are the people of Iowa/this country?" has been a thought many of us have shared for a number of years now.

Right now Trump is out-performing Romney with Latinos. There are plenty of Latinos who have been here for generations who don't like the idea of undocumented workers taking jobs and under-cutting their wages.

Way back on page one of this thread I stated that the GOP race was going to hinge on immigration. This was before Trump went 'full (what RDJ said in Tropic Thunder)' on the issue. At the time I said Cruz would feed the red meat but now Donald is throwing out Kobe beef. Now Cruz is beating Rubio over the head.

I do think Trumps comments on Carson are not a good play.

Thanks for the trademark on 'Red Meat' BVS.

I think Trump attacking Carson is a very wise and calculated move.

He's in danger of having peaked. Everyone who is in favor of Trump likes his outspoken nature. They don't want to see him sit down.

Trump has effectively suppressed Jeb Bush. He's defending his position atop the charts by giving his supporters what they want.. blood. Ben Carson is really exposed right now. It's opportunistic to attack and gut him to destabilize his run. Of course, it could backfire and have people side with Carson, but I think you'd meet a paradox at that point. Trump's campaign has been founded upon being vile and gutting weak opponents. By not being risky with his words, he defies himself.

Right now Trump is out-performing Romney with Latinos. There are plenty of Latinos who have been here for generations who don't like the idea of undocumented workers taking jobs and under-cutting their wages.

could you source this? also, it's early. when sharper contrasts are done in the general election, i have a tough time seeing any of these candidates, other than Bush, honestly, doing better than Romney with Latinos.

it doesn't matter for many Latinos whether they've been here for 200 years or not -- rounding up people and deporting them is something that is going to resonate powerfully and negatively with Latinos from all walks of life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom