2016 US Presidential Election Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One reason is what he said about illegal aliens who commit crimes after entering the U.S. They need to be stopped and deported.
/QUOTE]

Do you think this is new? How many before him have said this? Or do you like the fact that he said MOST Mexicans who come here are rapists and murderers? Or was it the fact that he made it clear he wasn't just talking about illegal immigrants when he brought Jeb Bush's wife into the conversation? Is this why you like him, because he says what others have said but with much more racism to it?

Why can't anyone give me an honest reason as to why they are supporting this man?

You're living in absolute denial if you think Trump is saying something substantive and Hillary is falling apart. That just shows me one thing; you're only reading the media that sings to your choir. You aren't reading enough to get the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The biggest concern with Warren for the Republicans is that she'll take more of the voters that are on the fence with Hillary. Because, essentially, most Republicans view her as Hillary minus the baggage. That idea is not a pleasant one to imagine because it's the questions and consistent hypocrisy of Hillary that keeps her from holding a 30 point lead in the polls.

U.S. companies are getting labor from Mexico with no penalty from the U.S. when we purchase all of their companies crap.
Um, what?!

Taxing and putting restrictions on Mexican imports will not only cause Americans to buy more domestic products, but also take the money collected in the taxes and build a frikin wall.

How libertarian of you :lol:

You really think spending billions on a wall is the answer?

If you think Trump will have any pull with Mexico than you're fooling yourself.

Immigration is the new litmus test for GOP candidates. Cruz is clean except for wanting an expansion of the H1-B tech visas. Many Americans aren't necessarily xenophobic, but when 92,000,000 aren't in the workforce they want those jobs for Legal citizens first. No they don't want to be picking lettuce in the Central Valley, but IT jobs are vanishing due to outsourcing from Indian companies like Tatra. The chamber of commerce wants cheap labor and so many candidates are soft where Trump is bold and it resonates.

On the left people like Soros fund the Open Borders Project. Voter ID laws are shot down. And here is my statement that will kick the hornets nest wide open.

More immigrants mean more votes for Democrats.

Um, what?!

How libertarian of you :lol:

You really think spending billions on a wall is the answer?

If you think Trump will have any pull with Mexico than you're fooling yourself.

Mexico is one of the fastest growing economies in the world. There's a stereotype out there that Mexicans are uneducated people who only do jobs that no one wants to do. Well, that's simply not true. Mexico has a highly skilled labor force and American companies can still afford to pay them dirt cheap wages for skilled labor. After that, they turn around and sell the products in the U.S. But the U.S. economy isn't getting anything from it.

American companies can still afford to pay them dirt cheap wages for skilled labor. After that, they turn around and sell the products in the U.S. But the U.S. economy isn't getting anything from it.

So the U.S. Economy doesn't get anything from cheap labor?

So the U.S. Economy doesn't get anything from cheap labor?

If American companies can find just as capable, skilled labor cheaper foreignly, then the private sector is losing jobs. Thusly, more middle class Americans are working lower paying jobs and paying less amounts in taxes because they're not generating as much income. Job outsourcing to both India and Mexico is killing our economy. The companies profits will expand, but will leave middle and lower class Americans in massive trouble.

If American companies can find just as capable, skilled labor cheaper foreignly, then the private sector is losing jobs. Thusly, more middle class Americans are working lower paying jobs and paying less amounts in taxes because they're not generating as much income. Job outsourcing to both India and Mexico is killing our economy. The companies profits will expand, but will leave middle and lower class Americans in massive trouble.

Ok, so what is Trump's plan to eliminate outsourcing?

Ok, so what is Trump's plan to eliminate outsourcing?

He would impose a 35% tariff on companies that outsource. It would make up the difference of outsourcing for cheaper labor and would encourage more companies to stay domestically.

But what does that have to do with immigration and building a giant wall?

Because illegal immigrants are still coming into this country and taking our less skilled jobs. So our skilled labor is being outsourced to them and our lower skilled labor is being flooded with illegal immigrants.
Americans are having to rely on more social programs such as welfare, food stamps, etc because they're out of work. In 2014, we spent $153 billion on welfare systems alone. That is further increasing our $19 trillion debt. There has to be cuts somewhere. Take the revenue from taxing outsourcing and put it towards funding a wall and higher border security. Obviously, it won't cover every penny, but it would sure as heck help.
What's Hillary or Sanders plan to prevent illegal immigrants from taking jobs or slow down outsourcing?

He would impose a 35% tariff on companies that outsource. It would make up the difference of outsourcing for cheaper labor and would encourage more companies to stay domestically.

I wonder why he focuses on the demonization of Mexico and the Mexican people instead of focus on this? Oh, is that because he would lose support with his corporation buddies and tea party folks that have attacked democrats who have tried to support such tariffs?

Because illegal immigrants are still coming into this country and taking our less skilled jobs. So our skilled labor is being outsourced to them and our lower skilled labor is being flooded with illegal immigrants.

You know this doesn't make sense right?

I'm far from a corporate apologist, but I do feel it is the right of a business to hire basically whomever they like, whether that be in the USA or Vietnam. There is no way to prevent the dissemination of certain jobs to other parts of the world. The better bet is to invest more heavily in education so American workers are prepared for a more service-driven economy.

How so?

You and Trump are trying to make a correlation between immigrants taking jobs that citizens don't want and outsourcing; there is no correlation. The problem is that companies don't want to pay wages, period. This is not a Mexico problem.

Americans are having to rely on more social programs such as welfare, food stamps, etc because they're out of work. In 2014, we spent $153 billion on welfare systems alone. That is further increasing our $19 trillion debt. There has to be cuts somewhere. Take the revenue from taxing outsourcing and put it towards funding a wall and higher border security. Obviously, it won't cover every penny, but it would sure as heck help.
What's Hillary or Sanders plan to prevent illegal immigrants from taking jobs or slow down outsourcing?

It would be far better to concentrate on raising overall U.S. economic growth than to be targeting illegal immigrants or the practices of private business. Back in 2000, the U.S. economy was so strong that despite a record high labor force participation rate of 67.3%, there was still a labor shortage in the United States. The flow of illegal immigrants across the border from Mexico was not enough to prevent this labor shortage. Companies that had lots of jobs for summer seasonal work were flying young people from Europe to the U.S. to fill those jobs.
Immigration to the U.S., illegal or not, is important. Immigrants from latin America are often good workers and their families often have 3 to 4 children. Continued population growth for the United States is important to long range economic growth and the U.S. ability to compete economically with China and East Asia. Immigration to the U.S. will help the U.S. avoid the problems of a declining population that Europe and Japan are experiencing. It also helps to keep the population young and will be important in supporting the Baby Boom generation as it retires.
In terms of increasing tax revenue, its time for the U.S. to stop protecting the rich in this country. When Mitt Romney and Donald Trump effectively only pay 12% in taxes per year while someone making minimum wage automatically pays 25% in taxes, there is something wrong. Lets return to the tax rates for the rich that existed between 1940 and 1980 where the rich were paying at least 70% of their income in taxes.
The United States had strong economic growth and low debt to GDP percentages with high taxes on the rich.
So lets stop protecting the rich and invest in the lower and middle class where the vast majority of Americans live. 70% of economic growth is consumer spending and the vast majority of that comes from the bottom 90%. Tax cuts for the top 10% don't positively impact economic growth. Donald Trump does not eat more Big Macs if he gets a tax cut. But a family of four living on $30,000 a year will indeed spend more on Big Macs or something else if they get a little extra cash in their pocket.

It continues to be hilarious watching most of the other Republican candidates
seemingly unable to understand why Trump has jumped to the front.

I'm buying some extra Jiffy Pop for Thursday night.

It's not him, it's what he is saying. They all had a chance before he entered to drop all the political correct speech and simply talk about issues that concern Americans. Its been a long time since Americans have heard a person running for office who does not talk like a politician.

I don't think Hillary Clinton will win the nomination. She is sinking. She just does not seem like she can handle anything unless it's in a cage and will follow her rules.

It could be Bernie Sanders, but I think it will be Elizabeth Warren.

Trump would make a good day time talk show host. He will start to fade rapidly once he has to discuss serious policy issues with other candidates. Trumps worst enemy in this election is himself. He will leave the election before he starts to get beat too heavily in the polls. His ego won't be able to handle it. I think he will be gone not too long after the New Hampshire and Iowa primaries and caucuses in January 2016.

It's on the 6th. Be there.

I don't think I've ever watched any presidential debate, and I don't think my life will ever be long enough to spend any amount of time watching these buffoons try to out-stupid each other.

Although it would be fun to watch Trump start to build the coffin for any hopes the Republicans may have had for the White House any time in the next few elections.

I'll watch a debate if I think it's going to be a surefire winner.

Hell, I watched the Dick Cheney / John Edwards debate back in 20 aught 4 because I thought it was going to be hilarious.

And it was.

My stepdad is one of the strangest people I know. I can't read him, ever. He is either the world's biggest Democrat, and he just likes to make dry jokes, or he is seriously all aboard the Trump train. He's so sarcastic, I can't honestly tell, and he's not going to tell you if he's being serious or not, but if you look him in the eye when you ask him if he's serious, you can usually see a smirk there.

I tell you all of this because I'm going to be at home with him this week, so I'll be able to watch the debate with him and I seriously can't wait :lol:.

As we've seen in here, it seems Trump has one issue, and a half-assed one at that. He's just going to keep doubling down on "Mexicans are rapists", for his ego won't allow for anything else.

The birthers and the xenophobes will salivate, a few will slap their foreheads for ever supporting him, and everyone else will laugh. I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom