2016 US Presidential Election Pt. II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenny McCarthy can be his running mate.

I love how convincing his story is. If you're going to just make shit up, at least make the timeline seem feasible.

Just the other day she took the vaccine, then, boom, one week later and she's got the autism!

th_onoz_omg2.gif

Another entertaining debate...Rubio sweating profusely and drinking water when he thought the camera wasn't on him. Big ears did sound pretty good though. I though Rand Paul made some decent points about drugs. The TRUMP! vs Bush and TRUMP! vs Fiorina stuff was funny. I still don't think TRUMP! said anything of substance the entire night, but he is still the reason CNN gets 23 million viewers for the debate, i suppose. The guy is fun to watch.

Kasich was the most decent guy on the stage, as everyone has pointed out.

& Te6 Cru666 is still the anti-christ with his fake car salesman approach and slimy snake oil charm. Can't beLIEve anyone falls for that shit. Seriously...fuck that guy.

I didn't bother watching Jaundice, Ass Juice, Grinder, and Pancake at the "kids table" in the early debate. However, this picture is rather telling:

1035x690-GettyImages-488645286.jpg

F AMERICA, guys, thats mostly the GOP plan with a few exceptions.

I'm still trying to figure out how the Clinton email thing is even a noteworthy issue, let alone a potential threat to her candidature, but then I'm sure any international observer looking at Australian politics would be equally mystified by some of the things that have become major issues here in recent times.

Sending Classified emails on a private server? Yeah that's kind of a big deal...might as well just send it to Putin by pigeon or give it to the Iranian Supreme Leader along with another US drone.

Sending Classified emails on a private server? Yeah that's kind of a big deal...might as well just send it to Putin by pigeon or give it to the Iranian Supreme Leader along with another US drone.

Working for a financial institution, I'd be fired on the spot.

Sent from my SM-G928P using U2 Interference mobile app

Working for a financial institution, I'd be fired on the spot.

Sent from my SM-G928P using U2 Interference mobile app

Yeah. Speaking of, they (govt) have been telling us (govt employees) for several months now that 22 million of us had our identity stolen in a series of hacks from China, Russia, etc. They are supposed to notify us personally if our personal info has been part of this breach. Yet neither myself or anyone i know has received such notification. How many damn people (past, present, future) work for the damn govt? Oh yeah, thanks a lot leadership, personnel! TRUMP! was right about one thing at least; our leaders are stupid!!

Yeah. Speaking of, they (govt) have been telling us (govt employees) for several months now that 22 million of us had our identity stolen in a series of hacks from China, Russia, etc. They are supposed to notify us personally if our personal info has been part of this breach. Yet neither myself or anyone i know has received such notification. How many damn people (past, present, future) work for the damn govt? Oh yeah, thanks a lot leadership, personnel! TRUMP! was right about one thing at least; our leaders are stupid!!

I'm also one of those 22 million, and haven't been notified yet either.

Yeah, that's not how a private email server would work. This isn't gmail. It's her own thing. Her level of vulnerability isn't automatically high simply from having a private server.

Watching some more of the debate...Paul growing on me. The marijuana smackdown on Christie was amazing.

But...anti-vaxxer :sigh:.

The only people on this stage that look like might be OK leaders are Kasich, Paul and MAYBE Bush. He really is doing terrible, though, Bush.

Trump seems like he really wants to be someone who can leads.

Oh God...gun debate...fucking hell.

of all the nominees

there are only 2 Sanders has a slim chance of beating

they are Hillary and Biden, if he gets past them, he would lose to any in the GOP that get the nom, Trump would beat him in a land slide.

If Biden gets the nomination, he is a sure loser.

party insiders, can not always stop a disaster nomination i.e. Goldwater in 64

McGovern in 72

Sanders falls in the category of Goldwater or McGovern as a sure loser

Trump is not in that category.

I am a Sanders guy and I fear you may be right. However, I would also remind you that you were saying these same things about the president in 2008 - that if he beat Hillary in the primaries he wouldn't stand a chance in the general, that McCain would crush him, etc.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Rand was actually pretty good. Not as, like, a dominant force in the debate but he was solid as a fact-checker. At least until the anti-vax garbage.

Kasich is clearly trying to endear himself to moderates by not being insane on stage, which is why donors will go for Bush or Rubio instead. He's so out of step and fashion (he seems proud to be a career politician with Trump and Carson in the room) and I think it's great. Problem for me is that his policies fly in the face of all of this. We couldn't possibly be more in disagreement on countless issues. But he also seems to understand what diplomacy is, which I value in a president.

Walker, Huckabee and Christie are just taking up space. Enough. Trump was entertaining as always, though he predictably had less and less to say as the night went on. Fiorina has all the charm and personality and Hillary, but with scores of frightening policies. No thanks. Carson actually pushed specific ideas instead of abstract ideals, which was refreshing, but I still can't see this guy as a leader of anything.

There were other people on stage but meh.

I'll say this about Kasich...as a progressive in Ohio, I didn't vote for the guy for governor and I obviously can't stand his politics, but he did do one thing that has had a legitimate, tangible, positive effect on my life, and that is that he allowed the medicaid expansion to happen here, to the extreme ire of the Republican state congress, and that's been my health coverage for the last year and a half. So I'm appreciative of his having done that when a number of other republican governors didn't.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I'm surprised by the talk of Romney potentially entering the field. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that - on both sides of US politics - you're basically afforded only the one shot. Get the nomination and blow the election and you're not going to be seriously entertained for a second spin (in contrast to Commonwealth parliamentary systems where some party leaders have led in opposition for over a decade).

I'm surprised by the talk of Romney potentially entering the field. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that - on both sides of US politics - you're basically afforded only the one shot. Get the nomination and blow the election and you're not going to be seriously entertained for a second spin (in contrast to Commonwealth parliamentary systems where some party leaders have led in opposition for over a decade).

I immediately thought to mention Richard Nixon but of course things have changed in the last 45 years.

I think it's partially the parties not wanting to nominate a "loser" again, and partially people not wanting to put themselves through the stress and costs of more than one campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom