2012 US Presidential Election Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tim722 said:
God bless Obama. I'm still unemployed. I get $1,200 a month in section 8. I get $900 in food stamps. I get $1,300 a month in unemployment benifits for 6 more months. We'll get free healthcare next year. Just wish I lived in Colorado where weed is legal. Now I probably have to sell $200 of my food stamps a month for weed. But it's worth it. I'm gonna go get my free phone next week. What else do we need ? Thanks Obama. I'll never look for a job again! Woohee

In six months, I hope you enjoy having nothing but housing and food! Literally zero disposable income! That does sound more attractive than working...

Also, section 8 and food stamps have little or nothing to do with Obama.

Nah, it's not worth the time. You've become a drive by poster, you don't even bother to engage anymore. You reiterate what Fox tells you then plug up the ole ears and run away. I'm just telling you the truth, that's what friends are for...

Hi BVS...

I'm really sorry you feel that way and I really wish that I had more time to really get into deep and meaningful discussions with everyone. As you have seen, there have been threads in which I have consistantly replied and entered into debates on topics I feel very strongly about, however, sometimes I just post an opinion about something without really meaning to go into a discussion but rather just to get my two cents in. If this makes me seem like a "drive by" poster then I'm sorry about that for it's not my intention.

And you should know by now that I never deliberately run away from discussions, but sometimes time is a factor and some time may pass between my original post and my reply to any comments I receive - this is not intentional and definitely not personal and I apologize if anyone is offended.

In future, I will try to find more time to follow up on my posts and deferentiate between the types of posts I make - whether they be opinions or invites to discussions.

Thanks......friend......:hug:

Hi BVS...

I'm really sorry you feel that way and I really wish that I had more time to really get into deep and meaningful discussions with everyone. As you have seen, there have been threads in which I have consistantly replied and entered into debates on topics I feel very strongly about, however, sometimes I just post an opinion about something without really meaning to go into a discussion but rather just to get my two cents in. If this makes me seem like a "drive by" poster then I'm sorry about that for it's not my intention.

And you should know by now that I never deliberately run away from discussions, but sometimes time is a factor and some time may pass between my original post and my reply to any comments I receive - this is not intentional and definitely not personal and I apologize if anyone is offended.

In future, I will try to find more time to follow up on my posts and deferentiate between the types of posts I make - whether they be opinions or invites to discussions.

Thanks......friend......:hug:

I appreciate that, I really hope you do. I realize time is always a factor, but it just seems as of late you enjoyed coming in posting something really offensive and then never really answering anyone's comments or questions. Sometimes you would even come back in and post the same exact sentiment again still without answering any comments. That type of behaviour seemed almost troll like and not like you at all. I hope you do engage more for I like having your perspective in here.

:hug:

I had to post here to celebrate BVS hugging somebody...which would not have happened were it not for the president's re-election. That is something that people all over the spectrum can celebrate.

:hug::hi5::hug:

I have to wonder what some of these conservatives childhoods were like...

I mean why do you have to demonize Santa Claus and bring Big Bird into this?

White TV Reporter Is All, 'Here's Wyclef. No? Wale. No? Hmm...'

cmt-medium.gif

http://gawker.com/5958709/what-obamas-second-term-will-really-look-like

:crazy:

I shall hereby consider any Republican who states that Romney lost because he wasn't conservative enough to be clinically insane.

The republicans are on the wrong side of gay marriage, they had an insane summer of defending rape, made zero attempt to win the Hispanic vote... and think they lost because they weren't conservative enough.

Baffling.

For Christmas this year all I want is three things...a constitutional amendment that nullifies the Citizen's United ruling, the return of Glass-Steagal, and term limits for Congress.

Thank you.

Don't know how "harsh" that really is

Huffington Post

Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas) leveled harsh criticism against members of her own party during an appearance on CNN on Thursday.

"We had Republican candidates who got very high profile and said some very stupid things," she said. "I think that really tainted the party."

The remarks come on the heels of Republicans losing seats in the Senate in the 2012 election and President Barack Obama securing another term in the White House.

During the campaign, GOP Senate candidates like Todd Akin in Missouri and Richard Mourdock in Indiana ignited firestorms of controversy with comments they made on the issue of abortion.

In August, Akin suggested that it's rare for "legitimate rape" victims to get pregnant and that the "female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down." In October, Mourdock said in defining his anti-abortion stance that pregnancy resulting from rape "is something that God intended to happen."

Both Akin and Mourdock lost their respective contests on Election Night.

Hutchison said that "even though Mitt Romney came right out and said, 'This is not right, we disagree with this,'" the damage to the GOP had been done. She explained, "The party leadership did the same thing. No one embraced Todd Akin after he said those things, including the Republican campaign committees, but it was used in the political sense against us and it was, I think, the feeling that Republicans don’t get it."

The GOP senator argued that her party has to talk about women's issues and social issues and "people have to stop acting like the woman is a throw-away here."

Hutchison announced that she would not seek another term in the Senate last year. Republican Ted Cruz was elected to fill her seat in the Texas Senate race on Tuesday night.

Ted Nugent Goes On Twitter Tirade Against ‘Pimps, Whores, And Welfare Brats’ Who Voted For President Obama

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ted-...-welfare-brats-who-voted-for-president-obama/

I shall hereby consider any Republican who states that Romney lost because he wasn't conservative enough to be clinically insane.

The republicans are on the wrong side of gay marriage, they had an insane summer of defending rape, made zero attempt to win the Hispanic vote... and think they lost because they weren't conservative enough.

Baffling.

Probably some of the reason they've lost 5 of the past 6 popular votes. 2016 is far away, but if they pick someone like Paul Ryan over someone like Christie, and he goes up against Hillary or Cuomo, there's a good chance it'll be 6 of 7.

Though its time to hope they just work together now and worry about what's left of 2012 and 2013 and so on.

Eric Dondero is kinda pissed.

Express your hatred, shame, and outright disgust with anyone you know who voted Democrat
However, for me, I'm choosing another rather unique path; a personal boycott, if you will. Starting early this morning, I am going to un-friend every single individual on Facebook who voted for Obama, or I even suspect may have Democrat leanings. I will do the same in person. All family and friends, even close family and friends, who I know to be Democrats are hereby dead to me. I vow never to speak to them again for the rest of my life, or have any communications with them. They are in short, the enemies of liberty. They deserve nothing less than hatred and utter contempt.
I strongly urge all other libertarians to do the same. Are you married to someone who voted for Obama, have a girlfriend who voted 'O'. Divorce them. Break up with them without haste. Vow not to attend family functions, Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas for example, if there will be any family members in attendance who are Democrats.
Do you work for someone who voted for Obama? Quit your job. Co-workers who voted for Obama. Simply don't talk to them in the workplace, unless your boss instructs you too for work-related only purposes. Have clients who voted Democrat? Call them up this morning and tell them to take their business elsewhere.
Have a neighbor who votes for Obama? You could take a crap on their lawn. Then again, probably not a good idea since it would be technically illegal to do this. But you could have your dog take care of business. Not your fault if he just happens to choose that particular spot.
And start your boycott of your Democrat friends and family today. Like this morning. First thing you can do, very easy, is to un-friend all Democrats from your Facebook account.

He wants his followers to disown their liberal friends and family. He also plans on boycotting Democrat owned businesses and protesting places that accept EBT. :coocoo:

Libertarian Republican: The end of liberty in America: Only course of action now is to fight back, electoral politics not working

So New York Magazine saw this and quizzed him on hypotheticals. The result was amusing and chilling.

Let's say you lose your dog, and a neighbor, who is a Democrat, finds it and brings it back to you. Do you thank him or spit on the ground in front of him?
Tell him to give me my dog, and to get off of my property. And the next time he sees my dog to just let her be. As he's walking away I might yell out "Obama sucks" a couple times.
You find out that the quarterback for your favorite football team, which you have been rooting for since childhood, is a Democrat. Do you start rooting for a different team?
I don't listen to music by Democrats any more. I try to do some research on the political leanings of those I listen too. Oingo Boingo called themselves "libertarians" in the early 1980s. I listen to them. Neal Peart of Rush called himself an Ayn Randist couple times. I love Rush. I like pro-British patriot Frank Turner out of the UK. The Guardian did a big interview with him over the summer, and he said he was a "libertarian." And of course, there's always Ted Nugent, and KISS, both hardline right-libertarians. Marshall Tucker Band, Kid Rock. Did you know lead guitarist for Stealy [sic] Dan is also a rightist. The Lt. Dan Band. Madison Rising is great. Metallica and Motorhead have expressed right leanings in interviews.
Honestly, doesn't always work. I miss sometimes. But if Springsteen or some other leftist America-hater comes on my Sirius/XM channel and I can get to the dial fast enough, I will switch it.
Elton John is a toughie. You know he leans left. But he made friends with Rush Limbaugh of all people last year. So, I give him a pass. Oh, and the Beatles had that classic "tax man." John Lennon's personal aide in his last few weeks of life, was interviewed last year, and said that he turned into a Reaganite in the last few months before he was killed. Isn't that ironic?
I'm not a sports fan. So, all I can do is answer this question from a musical tastes perspective. Hope that helps.
Here's something else you can sink your teeth into. Related. I honestly do this, and have been doing this for years. You know that silly fist bump thing? When my co-workers or friends try that with me I extend my full hand for a traditional handshake. I tell them sorry, but I don't do that "Obama thing." Most of them chuckle, but some have gotten offended, look at me strangely. But they know where I stand right off the bat. And it helps me to weed out the good guys, freedom lovers, from the bad guy Democrat fascists.

You come upon a neighbor — whom you know to be a Democrat — drowning in a lake. You're the only person in the vicinity. Do you help him?
Whew! Now that one is really, really tough. I honestly do not have an answer for that one. You could always be a smartass about it I suppose. Scream: "Hey Joe, you sure you're a Democrat? Just say the word, 'Obama sucks,' simple as that. Just mouth the words 'Obama sucks' and I'm in the water."
A close Democratic family member is hanging off the side of a cliff. A Republican who is also an admitted child molester is also nearby hanging off the side of the same cliff. They both have but seconds until they plummet to their deaths, and you only have time to save one. Whom do you save?
Man, you're good.
I guess I ask the Democrat again to yell out "Obama sucks," and Ill be there in a jiffy to lend him a hand (pun intended.) The Republican child molester? I tell him to join that asshole Sandusky, Ed Savitz and that former Philly DA Ed Rendell who covered up for Savitz and a whole shitload of other Democrat child molesters in southeast Pennsylvania all those years, in hell.

Eric Dondero on Boycotting Democrats -- Daily Intel

Are you married to someone who voted for Obama, have a girlfriend who voted 'O'. Divorce them. Break up with them without haste.

:up: Sanctity of marriage.

Don't know how "harsh" that really is

Huffington Post

Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-Texas) leveled harsh criticism against members of her own party during an appearance on CNN on Thursday.

"We had Republican candidates who got very high profile and said some very stupid things," she said. "I think that really tainted the party."

The remarks come on the heels of Republicans losing seats in the Senate in the 2012 election and President Barack Obama securing another term in the White House.. ....................

Hutchison said that "even though Mitt Romney came right out and said, 'This is not right, we disagree with this,'" the damage to the GOP had been done. She explained, "The party leadership did the same thing. No one embraced Todd Akin after he said those things, including the Republican campaign committees, but it was used in the political sense against us and it was, I think, the feeling that Republicans don’t get it."......................

Ted Nugent Goes On Twitter Tirade Against ‘Pimps, Whores, And Welfare Brats’ Who Voted For President Obama

As in really stupid, OR as in really stupid enough to have let their true thoughts/feelings arrear.

ah the Nuge is is a happy camper right now----

not!

schadenfreude!!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom