2012 US Presidential Election Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, America DIED last night. But we're still here :hmm:

That Victoria Jackson from SNL had a Twitter meltdown too. Plenty of Christians showed up Victoria, just not in the way YOU wanted them to. Your way of thinking about that disgusts ME :down: Glad I disgust you, I'm happy to be of service.

Victoria Jackson @vicjackshow

I can't stop crying.
7 Nov 12

Retweet
Favorite

America died.
7 Nov 12

Retweet
Favorite

I can't stop crying. America died.
7 Nov 12

Retweet
Favorite

The Democrat party who voted God out of their platform and adopted Romans 1 as their platform won. In the Good... fb.me/2vw4Q3y6w
7 Nov 12

Retweet
Favorite

The Democrat Party voted God out and replaced Him with Romans 1. In the Good vs. Evil battle...today...Evil won.
7 Nov 12

Retweet
Favorite

Thanks a lot Christians, for not showing up. You disgust me.

The Republicans don't have a choice but to find a way to court the Hispanic vote. It is a rapidly growing demographic that just voted for Obama in excess of 70%. The hard realism is that trend cannot persist if the Republican Party wants to have any viable future.

Maggie Gallagher, the anti-gay Queen of NOM, talks sense:

Mistakes and Losses
By Maggie Gallagher
November 7, 2012 3:00 A.M. Comments73

1. Romney tried to win while leaning on only one leg of the the old Reagan coalition: jobs, jobs, jobs, economy, economy, economy. Against a president with a poor record on the economy, he lost.

2. The money guys bought the GOP nomination for a candidate voters didn’t like very much. Romney won by pummeling his opponents with negative ads. He lost the same way because he did not have a five-to-one money advantage over Obama.

3. Either we figure out how to win a much larger share of the Latino vote or the conservative movement could be over. The “truce” — Rove’s Crossroads strategy — is a clear failure. I think social issues are part, but only part, of a serious effort to appeal to Latino voters. We also need to show them we care about them by doing something about the DREAM Act, and religious conservatives should take the lead on this.

4. The Obama electorate defeated marriage. I’m guessing we lose at least three of tonight’s four races, and maybe four of the four. We were outspent eight-to-one — and no one was willing to speak for marriage, while the whole Democratic establishment and Hollywood campaigned for marriage. Last night really is a big loss, no way to spin it.

Mistakes and Losses - By Maggie Gallagher - The Corner - National Review Online

of course, #4 is shallow and self-pitying, but reading the comments on this conservative website, it seems lots of them fully get the fact that gay people represent no threat in any way, shape, or form to anyone or anything.

this is hopeful.

So Bachmann won slightly, huh? The one bad thing to happen...

When is the next chance to defeat her?

cobl04 said:
Lol at this moron

C1EF5160-EE32-48BD-A347-16163B0717AE-1495-000000D4F833F9BC.jpg

LOL

photo-4.png

hahaha. It's usually Canada though, which is obviously funny.

And yes, Bachmann is very funny, and could lose in 2 years anyway if she barely clinged on this time.

Obama now has absolutely nothing to lose. He won't be up for re-election and he can do pretty much whatever the hell he wants to do....

That's not how our government works.

We may not do everything right but the one constant through the ages is the balance of power. Otherwise known as gridlock when and if at all possible.

I'm seeing so many entertaining excuses:

- Hurricane Sandy
- Christie
- Democrats intimidating Republicans at polls
- Did I mention Hurricane Sandy?

They're blaming Christie and the hurricane?

Matthew Dowd said the GOP is a Mad Men party in a Modern Family world. Blame it on that. Ironic, since Romney says that's one of his favorite shows (Modern Family ) .

There's all kinds of blame and spin going on today. But I've been seeing a lot of, "well the only reason ______ voted for Obama was because he gives you free shit."

So all you Obama supporters, what did he give you?

Here's the reason Romney lost, plain and simple:

The GOP has become an insurgent outlier in American politics. It is ideologically extreme; scornful of compromise; unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition.

When one party moves this far from the mainstream, it makes it nearly impossible for the political system to deal constructively with the country’s challenges.

By Thomas E. Mann and Norman J. Ornstein(an employee of the conservative think tank American Enterprise Institute)

unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition.:

When you're unmoved by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science, the facts, evidence and science move on without you.

Tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis.

(The times are changed and we too are changed in them.)

I wasn't really an Obama supporter because I am a third party person and I think both candidates will have the same economic outcome after four years. But then, as I was watching the live updates of which states were voting what I realized just how badly I didn't want Romney in office. I was genuinely scared Romney was going to win.

It was an odd thing to realize. As similar as they are economically, their social standings make all the difference to me.

The republicans on my Facebook are talking about how America is doomed and how we have ruined this country.

:coocoo:

I saw some really racist/hateful posts last night about it. So I just decided to start posting in support of communism and claiming that this country needs FULL COMMUNISM and saying that Obama should become more leftist out of spite. They don't know what to do with me anymore. I am the black sheep of my family in this regard, along with my uncle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom