2012 US Presidential Election Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get my fill of Fox when I'm home at my folks' in a few weeks. I don't need to see it now; they'll still be doing whatever it is a month from now.

Which other states has it been legalised/looking likely to be legalised?

And which states legalised pot?

Washington for SSM and pot. Colorado was the other to legalize pot tonight.

Some are saying the pot thing has passed in here in Washington. Wow.

Maine, Maryland, and Washington state. Minnesota was voting on whether or not to like super-duper totally ban it.

small amounts of pot are now legal to possess in Washington state and Colorado.

sometimes, we Americans can be pretty cool.

same-sex marriage is a reality in Maine.

couldn't have picked a prettier place. :)

Oh but there could be options you see...

seattle.jpg

;)

Add to what they've all said --

Montana looks like a go for medical
Oregon is still on the board
Arkansas looks to reject medical

That's all else I can think of.

I think MA legalized medical marijuana as well?

Donald Trump is a fucking troll and I hate that he gets so much attention. What an ass-clown.

I wish Romney would concede so I can watch Obama's speech, but I have to work in the morning.

I think MA legalized medical marijuana as well?

That, too.

Didn't even know that was on the ballot there.

Still dunno what the deal is. All of the major news places have the balls to announce Ohio to Obama at 80%, even when the sides changed and changed back to Obama.

In Florida, the lead has widened for the last 15% and they've been counting extra democrat votes since then. Just call it already!

So the Republicans run a moderate in an election against a President with an unemployment rate near 8% and still lose.

They are in big trouble, nationally. The demographics stats - relative to the big EV states are troubling for them. And especially if Obama has a solid second term and Hillary runs in 2016. Furthermore the young conservatives (say 40 and younger) don't give a shit about their social issues and culture war and trend more libertarian.

I am glad it wasn't as close as I thought but that's what I get for listening to Rove.
He was right in 2004? That was the only reason I gave it any credence.

But I am definitely going to try to catch Bill-O tomorrow night.
If he doesn't hammer Dick Morris into tiny pieces, I'll be disappointed.

apparently the 18-29s turned out in higher numbers than in 2008.

all of Deep's tsk-tsking seems to have worked.

The GOP definitely need a new game plan, a new platform, a total overhaul of the way their party does things. I think people are indeed genuinely annoyed with and bothered by the extreme right position they've taken on social issues in particular, and, as you note, as the younger generations start coming up and having more influence, they're going to be much more progressive and open on these matters. They really need to learn to either get off that altogether or come to the center more or something.

So the Republicans run a moderate in an election against a President with an unemployment rate near 8% and still lose.

They are in big trouble, nationally. The demographics stats - relative to the big EV states are troubling for them. And especially if Obama has a solid second term and Hillary runs in 2016. Furthermore the young conservatives (say 40 and younger) don't give a shit about their social issues and culture war and trend more libertarian.

I am glad it wasn't as close as I thought but that's what I get for listening to Rove.
He was right in 2004? That was the only reason I gave it any credence.

But I am definitely going to try to catch Bill-O tomorrow night.
If he doesn't hammer Dick Morris into tiny pieces, I'll be disappointed.

I don't know how moderate he is though, right now. He seemed to move to accomodate the tea party. Paul Ryan as the VP, he flip-flopped and recently favored the gay marriage ban after opposing it a year or so ago. Obviously said things against abortion.

Let's just say Romney is no Chris Christie. Christie as an example, supports civil unions and leaving marriage to the states and opposes any ban on gay marriage. Christie is pro-life "with exceptions", but again, wouldn't seek to ban it, and at least is honest. Now that is truly moderate, at least nowadays with the country becoming more socially liberal.

Romney better fucking concede within the next hour.
I don't take him as a sore loser. But I can't imagine it's easy.
He's been running for President for most of his life.

i'm going to have to head to bed.

it's been fun.

but it also could not have been fun.

i'm just glad that tonight proved what i know to be true ... the world only spins forward.

i go to sleep more included, and more equal, than when i woke up this morning.

and it is a big deal.

I don't know how moderate he is though, right now. He seemed to move to accomodate the tea party. Paul Ryan as the VP, he flip-flopped and recently favored the gay marriage ban after opposing it a year or so ago. Obviously said things against abortion.

That's just politics though. He has a large batshit segment to his party that he had to pacify in order to win the nomination. I don't hold it against him because having him as a potential President was a lot more appealing than Santorum and Newt and Bachmann, etc. Obama has pandered to the Lefty loons before as well. Politics is politics. I've learned to ignore most of the static.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom