2012 US Presidential Election Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught kissing while they were voting. Definitely not an Al/Tipper, but awkward in a different way?

o-ANN-MITT-ROMNEY-ELECTION-PDA-570.jpg

Hey someone has to take up the slack for diamond dave's hot Mitt pics

Awkward in a 'I'm an uhh... man of... God. Yes. And I would never touch a woman in such a way outside the privacy of my bedroom!'

CNN is saying Romney is ahead for the electoral count.

New York is not yet in. Wait, Romney voters. Just wait!

I am watching Fox News and the reporting is fairly decent
they are crediting the Obama team for running an efficient, effective campaign

if FL goes Obama, and right now it is looking possible, and if Virginia or Ohio trend for Obama in the next 30 minutes or so, this election will be over 2 hours before the polls close here in CA.

so far, looking like the polls were right.

go Nate Silver.

looks like marriage equality will pass in Maine, and it's very very close in Maryland but we are ahead. but that could change.

also, don't freak out about VA too much -- they're still voting in Fairfax, and the bluer, highly populated counties will come in later.

ABC News says the GOP will keep control of the House.

Yep, just heard that here, too.

So if that's the case and Obama gets a second term, we get to have more of the head-butting we've gone through the last four years! Joy of joys.

CNN is so corny.

They're hilariously bad. I fully support the idea of using newer technologies in news reporting and things of that sort, but the way they go about it...it's like someone's parent trying to show how cool and hip they are by getting overly excited about the latest gadget.

I've got it on one of our local affiliates. I'm avoiding the major cable networks overall, save for Comedy Central, when Stewart and Colbert come on later. And part of the reason I'm watching them is just 'cause I need a calming hour's worth of laughs.

Florida is really tight. Talk about neck and neck!

Pennsylvania has Obama.

Wow NBC had Florida at just 139 ahead for Romney...I thought he would win by around 1%. Whoever wins, it could be the closest of all time.

I thought Florida would be red, and despite the Romney surge, it looks like it'll be blue.

Not a ton of the tri-county area votes are in, and that's the high density population area and the high Democratic area.

Some funny Tweets I'm seeing:

Florida is that friend who drunk-dials you every four years and says something so disturbing you can't sleep the rest of the night

Looks like all the rapey candidates are being shut down by women. Forcibly and legitimately.

I swear, this is like watching a major sporting event and a horror movie at the same time. A lot of anxiety here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom