2012 US Presidential Election Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait Obama to get this country back on track. His first four years were Bush's fault. Now it's all him. I need a job soon too. Sick of living off the government. Although i'm getting kinda lazy doing same.

Maybe if you weren't getting drunk and trolling on the internet you could find one...

that woman is shocking! people have been prosecuted for much much less over here... more and more people are getting arrested/prosecuted these days for internet/social network-related offences, offensive posts etc.

it amazes me that people believe they can say what the hell they want in public without consequences...

also, they really must have zero self-awareness!

Apparently this thread is old news....2016 is in the news now!

It's way too early, but it does approach pretty quickly. I think the media just wants to see Hillary Clinton & Jeb Bush go against each other.

As some Republicans continue to cope with the prospect of another four years under President Barack Obama, a Texas GOP official is floating a simple way out: cleaving his state from the union.
Peter Morrison, treasurer of the Hardin County Republican Party, wrote a column in the post-election edition of his Tea Party newsletter this week calling for an "amicable divorce" from the U.S., the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports.
"Why should Vermont and Texas live under the same government?" he wrote. "Let each go her own way."

How lame. Texas has its liberal population that will only grow bigger as time moves on and people in general progress.

Seriously, is he calling for another civil war or something?

Morrison went on to express anger at the "maggots" who backed Obama, specifically calling out non-white voters, whom he accused of voting for the president on an "ethnic basis."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09/peter-morrison-texas-divorce_n_2100165.html

Yes, non-whites are maggots for having enough sense to not vote for a candidate from a party that has a history of not being sympathetic enough to them.

Maybe we should come up with a smilie of someone playing the world's smallest violin?

Diemen said:
This just isn't true, unless you're referring to our global reputation after 8 years of the Bush administration. Obama has done much to rebuild our reputation in the global community.

I guess that depends-if you believe our global reputation was great under Bush. Because some people believe that.

I thought that our laughingstock was one of the biggest supporters of Israel too. Not so under Obama?

I'm not into arguing about it at all, I'm just confused. Perspective is everything, I guess.

How lame. Texas has its liberal population that will only grow bigger as time moves on and people in general progress.

Seriously, is he calling for another civil war or something?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09/peter-morrison-texas-divorce_n_2100165.html

Yes, non-whites are maggots for having enough sense to not vote for a candidate from a party that has a history of not being sympathetic enough to them.

Maybe we should come up with a smilie of someone playing the world's smallest violin?

What an embarassment :rolleyes:

They sure are coming out in droves to show their true colors...

I've been saying for years that these Tea Partiers need to just move and start their own new nation. They can privatize everything, start a theocracy, wear their six shooters on their sides, regulate nothing, and then close their borders.

I only ask for two rules; 1. They aren't allowed any military grade weapons(for they would start wars with everyone). 2. The whole thing has to be televised. It would be the most entertaining TV to exist, but probably a pretty short lived series.

Welcome to the internet; that shit's permanent.

:wave:

Excellent point, Cori. That is a comforting thought.

You get in trouble for that shit, I have absolutely zero sympathy for you. You deserve it.

I completely agree with that, but knowing how wacky some of these people are, I'm not entirely comforted.

They insist its free speech and if you point out that they're being racist/homophobic/bigoted, they'll say that's their constitutional right. True it is, but they fail to realize the consequences of opening their mouth like that.

Oh hell, they don't even care. I read a comment online where someone said, "yeah I'm a racist; but that doesn't make me a bad person". :doh:

I heard a rumor it was with a man. Just a rumor. Probably not true.

But if it were, it's even more Republican.

I heard a rumor it was with a man. Just a rumor. Probably not true.

But if it were, it's even more Republican.

I wondered for a second, but I never picked up any DADT vibes from him

I have seen a woman, in print. My bet, she is decent looking and a bit younger. Like when Gingrich gave his subordinate a little extra.

Anyways, good for him, if he was in an unhappy marriage, I hope this fling added some joy to his life. Nothing better in life, than passion.

I still find it weird that people resign over affairs. I'm no fan of cheating on one's spouse, either, but so long as it isn't interfering with their job or anything like that, I don't get why they need to step down. We're human, we all make mistakes.

Meh. Anyway, surprising news, though-I hope he and his family can find a way to deal with this situation and move on as best they can.

I still find it weird that people resign over affairs. I'm no fan of cheating on one's spouse, either, but so long as it isn't interfering with their job or anything like that, I don't get why they need to step down. We're human, we all make mistakes.

Meh. Anyway, surprising news, though-I hope he and his family can find a way to deal with this situation and move on as best they can.

He is director of the CIA.

That sets him up for blackmail. The CIA send in agents that compromise people and blackmail them.

If he publicly did this, separated from his wife and dated someone that worked for him within the CIA guidelines, it would not have been an issue,

I bet he violated CIA policies and procedures.

BVS said:
I've been saying for years that these Tea Partiers need to just move and start their own new nation. They can privatize everything, start a theocracy, wear their six shooters on their sides, regulate nothing, and then close their borders.

I'd like to see that. It would be much better than burdening the rest of the American population with their disgusting views, and surely it would be in their best interests, to not have to put up with Democrats and moderate Republicans contaminating their Utopia.

Some of my conservative friends on FB are already certain it's all part of the Benghazi "cover-up" and that he was forced out. Unbelievable.

What an embarassment :rolleyes:

They sure are coming out in droves to show their true colors...

I only ask for two rules; 1. They aren't allowed any military grade weapons(for they would start wars with everyone). 2. The whole thing has to be televised. It would be the most entertaining TV to exist, but probably a pretty short lived series.

:lmao::lmao: The images you're giving me!

and i'm thinking of the movie jim carey was in-his life being unkwonst to him- televized!

omg! DEF :yikes: Rule #1

Laughter helps deflect the horribleness of it all-when it's inflicted on people who don't want those types of governance, or a uber-corporatized/uber-monitized society. And the literal victims of racsist, anti-LGBT, mysoginistic acts of violence/murder etc :shudders:

ANd it is rumored that the affair was with Paula Broadwell who wrote a book about him.

58b05e8824bb0ad8986c85.L._V141960183_SY470_.jpg

maycocksean said:
Some of my conservative friends on FB are already certain it's all part of the Benghazi "cover-up" and that he was forced out. Unbelievable.

To be fair...with the timing of the announcement coming right after the election and right before the Benghazi hearings...

If the shoe was on the other foot, democrats would be accusing the republican president of the same thing.

Yeah, to be honest, it's not the craziest thing I've ever heard.

i'll go with the crazy

there are too many elements that are lined up, you might call it coincidence
or you could also say the Obama Administration use special secret weather technology to amp up Sandy to slow Romney's momentum and help Obama

this thing is so silly, it is probably true

MY WIFE’S LOVER

My wife is having an affair with a government executive. His role is to manage a project whose progress is seen worldwide as a demonstration of American leadership. (This might seem hyperbolic, but it is not an exaggeration.) I have met with him on several occasions, and he has been gracious. (I doubt if he is aware of my knowledge.) I have watched the affair intensify over the last year, and I have also benefited from his generosity. He is engaged in work that I am passionate about and is absolutely the right person for the job. I strongly feel that exposing the affair will create a major distraction that would adversely impact the success of an important effort. My issue: Should I acknowledge this affair and finally force closure? Should I suffer in silence for the next year or two for a project I feel must succeed? Should I be “true to my heart” and walk away from the entire miserable situation and put the episode behind me? NAME WITHHELD

Don’t expose the affair in any high-profile way. It would be different if this man’s project was promoting some (contextually hypocritical) family-values platform, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. The only motive for exposing the relationship would be to humiliate him and your wife, and that’s never a good reason for doing anything. This is between you and your spouse. You should tell her you want to separate, just as you would if she were sleeping with the mailman. The idea of “suffering in silence” for the good of the project is illogical. How would the quiet divorce of this man’s mistress hurt an international leadership initiative? He’d probably be relieved.

The fact that you’re willing to accept your wife’s infidelity for some greater political good is beyond honorable. In fact, it’s so over-the-top honorable that I’m not sure I believe your motives are real. Part of me wonders why you’re even posing this question, particularly in a column that is printed in The New York Times.

Your dilemma is intriguing, but I don’t see how it’s ambiguous. Your wife is having an affair with a person you happen to respect. Why would that last detail change the way you respond to her cheating? Do you admire this man so much that you haven’t asked your wife why she keeps having sex with him? I halfway suspect you’re writing this letter because you want specific people to read this column and deduce who is involved and what’s really going on behind closed doors (without actually addressing the conflict in person). That’s not ethical, either.

July 13, 2012

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/15/magazine/a-message-from-beyond.html?_r=0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom