2012 US Presidential Election Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: Watching Donald Trump's breakdown on twitter might actually be the highlight of the night for me.

We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!

i'm going to have to head to bed.

it's been fun.

but it also could not have been fun.

i'm just glad that tonight proved what i know to be true ... the world only spins forward.

While I wasn't really thrilled about this presidential election, I'm really delighted about the results of the state elections. I'm so very happy for all my friends who found new hope.

I'm pretty sure Romney hasn't conceded because he's trying to write his speech.

media
http://instagr.am/p/RtvSovSzUm/media?size=l

:up: Well done, America. The rest of the world can take your president seriously for four more years.

Looks like Romney finally gave up. Thank goodness. I need to go to bed.

Furthermore the young conservatives (say 40 and younger) don't give a shit about their social issues and culture war and trend more libertarian.

If the Republican party wants a serious revamping they should flush all the fucking idiots out of that party (and there are a lot of them) and eat up the Libertarian movement among the youth.

Well, I'm relieved we won't totally have to undo all the work we'd done on our health plans at work in preparation for 2014.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand we're done, then. Good. About time.

i'm going to have to head to bed.

it's been fun.

but it also could not have been fun.

i'm just glad that tonight proved what i know to be true ... the world only spins forward.

i go to sleep more included, and more equal, than when i woke up this morning.

and it is a big deal.

Congratulations, Irvine. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am for you right now :hug: :).

It's been fun/interesting/crazy, everyone! We'll do it again in four years. In the meantime, hopefully from here on out we'll have further positive results and people will actually try and continue to work together when possible. I really don't think that's too much to hope for, is it?

That's just politics though. He has a large batshit segment to his party that he had to pacify in order to win the nomination. I don't hold it against him because having him as a potential President was a lot more appealing than Santorum and Newt and Bachmann, etc. Obama has pandered to the Lefty loons before as well. Politics is politics. I've learned to ignore most of the static.

Agreed! That's exactly why I think Christie will be their 2016 candidate should he want to run, which might not happen. He doesn't need that batshit segment, he could actually win states like New Jersey & New Hampshire. I'm not sure about my state of New York turning republican for the first time since Reagan for Christie, but its certainly possible if he didn't run against Cuomo or Hillary.

Romney had a good speech...maybe if he sounded that human-like more often, he would've had a better shot. Maybe it was because the pressure from his party was gone? Not as good as McCain's, McCain is much more personable though.

It looks like Romney just called Obama.

Even Romney gave up before Florida gave up wanting to be a red state. The lead has gotten even larger, almost 50,000 now! And only 2% of votes remain! Jesus, Alaska is going to have their results in before this ass-backwards state that uses 30-year outdated technology to count their votes makes a decision.

I can see them in the Miami Dade offices right now.

Uno. Dos. Tres.

Tres votos por Senor Obama! Haces una llamada por CNN.

Uno. Dos. Tres. Quatro. Cinco.

Cinco votos por Senor Romney! Haces una llamada por CNN.

More fireworks.

My neighborhood tends to be kind of fireworks-happy. There were some on Halloween, which is just frigging irritating.

I don't mind these. (As long as they aren't doing them at 3:00 in the morning again.)

Rick Steves! Pushing for pot since (insert year here).

Local news just showed a handful of people smoking up outside downtown. Take it easy there, hippies ... it ain't legal for another 30 days or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom