2012 US Presidential Election Superthread - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #261
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:54 AM
The other posts include the federal government declaring Trump's hair a disaster zone. Even though that could happen , that looks like an Onion type of site.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #262
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 04:54 AM
I figured it had to be.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #263
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
I have a feeling when the election results are in, this is how some people are going to react

we won't really know until tomorrow night. it's tight but it certainly no way of knowing which way it will go at this point.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #264
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen
The other posts include the federal government declaring Trump's hair a disaster zone. Even though that could happen
I was just going to say that part sounds all too real!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #265
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Harvard Supermodel Activist of the Decade Runner-Up
Local Time: 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal
I just read this on a different forum.

"For all the Obama supporters and undecided who just don't get it:
I have a small business, in fact a business of 1, me. An LLC. I turned down a major customer today, a $100,000 a year customer. I did that for several reasons:
I cannot do all the work myself
I am afraid to hire someone
There is too much risk
There is not enough reward, all that extra work those 80 hour weeks for the next 3 months would just put me into a higher tax bracket and I would pay much of that $$$ in taxes
And the big one, I think it is 60-40 that Obama is going to win. Why should I work and pay taxes when it will be spent on abortions and wars that I do not approve of? I am not a young man anymore, the day I will face God and explain how I used my life is only 20-30 years in the future. I don't want to have paid for abortions and sent young men off to die in Afghanistan."
That's right. Goddamned Democratic presidents and all the foreign wars they've started.

Wait, what?
Old 11-05-2012, 04:38 PM   #266
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Boy View Post
That's right. Goddamned Democratic presidents and all the foreign wars they've started.

Wait, what?
That was my first reaction. I think Romnesia is spreading throughout the entire party.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #267
Refugee

The Tea Party may be in for some big losses. Hopefully Bachmann is one of them, even though she outspends her opponent 12-1, she's barely ahead of him in the polls.

Maybe that will cause Republicans to go back to being more "Reagan" like and stop being backwards on social issues, which could be costing them with certain groups? I'm pretty sure the Tea Party would hate Reagan if he were running now.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #268
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:54 AM
99 Problems but Mitt Ain't One. I like the new lyric.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #269
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
I just read this on a different forum.

"For all the Obama supporters and undecided who just don't get it:
I have a small business, in fact a business of 1, me. An LLC. I turned down a major customer today, a $100,000 a year customer. I did that for several reasons:
I cannot do all the work myself
I am afraid to hire someone
There is too much risk
There is not enough reward, all that extra work those 80 hour weeks for the next 3 months would just put me into a higher tax bracket and I would pay much of that $$$ in taxes
And the big one, I think it is 60-40 that Obama is going to win. Why should I work and pay taxes when it will be spent on abortions and wars that I do not approve of? I am not a young man anymore, the day I will face God and explain how I used my life is only 20-30 years in the future. I don't want to have paid for abortions and sent young men off to die in Afghanistan."
Ummmm...okay. So this person desperately need help, but they don't want to hire someone because...why?

I love how all of a sudden apparently we get to pick and choose what sorts of big issues we want our taxes to go towards. Man, if only my family had known we could just opt out of not letting our taxes go towards the wars the last 10 years!

At least this person seems consistent in not supporting abortion and not supporting letting young people die in war, so that's something.

As for the stories I'm already hearing of issues in Florida...*Cries*. I love how, in this day and age of iPads and iPods and cars with all sorts of fancy gizmos to the point where you don't even need to drive the thing anymore and apps and all that stuff that we STILL can't seem to figure out how to make it so our voting devices can get our votes in with as minimal of issues as possible. Where's a Steve Jobs type for this issue when you need them?

Also, I too approve of a good 'Airplane' reference .
Old 11-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #270
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:54 PM
This May Not Be the Best Moment Politicially, But It's Time to Talk Reparations
Old 11-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #271
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:54 AM
3rd party voters, WTF???

There are two possibilities and only two, after the election either Obama or Romney will be president. You can weigh in by voting for one of them, or just don't vote.

Voting for any of the 3rd party candidates has the same effect as not voting, except you are someone that went to the polls and went through all the motions of voting only to have your vote have as much value as all the people that do not vote.
Now, I know what you are thinking, you wanted to vote your conscience. Why choose a 3rd party candidate. Why not write in MLK JR. or Gandhi or Abraham Lincoln?
These are all great preferences, if you only want people to know who your real preference is, if it could be anyone but one of the only two real candidates.
perhaps I should write in, Angelina Jolie. She's a great person and choice .
Old 11-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #272
Refugee

I think the point of voting for a 3rd party is to raise issues that person stands for. And also, people who don't want to vote for someone who basically bought the election...for example, the "Big two" have spent around a billion dollars...Imagine if that money went to something better, like cancer research.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #273
Blue Crack Addict

That's a pretty narrow-minded statement.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #274
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLanePHINS View Post
I think the point of voting for a 3rd party is to raise issues that person stands for. And also, people who don't want to vote for someone who basically bought the election...for example, the "Big two" have spent around a billion dollars...Imagine if that money went to something better, like cancer research.

and that has as much value as writing down, John Galt.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #275
Blue Crack Addict

If you, along with the rest of this country, could break out of that narrow-minded thought process, we could actually have options to choose from!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #276
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
If you, along with the rest of this country, could break out of that narrow-minded thought process, we could actually have options to choose from!

and this is what brought us Bush in 2000 and 8 years of unspeakable ruin.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #277
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
No we wouldn't. The only way that we would have options to choose from is with the elimination of the winner-take-all system that almost every state uses for appropriation of electoral votes, as well as the elimination of the provision sending electoral college votes without a majority to the House. My dream world would have an instant-runoff-based popular vote.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #278
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitize View Post
No we wouldn't. The only way that we would have options to choose from is with the elimination of the winner-take-all system that almost every state uses for appropriation of electoral votes, as well as the elimination of the provision sending electoral college votes without a majority to the House. My dream world would have an instant-runoff-based popular vote.
Well that's a completely different story. I was more just referring to not being stuck between mayo and mustard when you want ketchup.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #279
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
and this is what brought us Bush in 2000 and 8 years of unspeakable ruin.
The Electoral College brought you Bush. The nation spoke, and the nation wanted Gore. Florida spoke, and Florida was dead evenly divided between Bush and Gore.

And why does it always have to be such a bad thing? What about Ross Perot in 92 and 96? I strongly do not believe in '2nd place votes', but his candidacy either did nothing or gave the elections to Clinton. The Libertarian platform arguably takes more votes away from Republicans anyways.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #280
Blue Crack Addict

it is not a choice of mayo, mustard or ketchup

it is the beginning of the World Series and this season, you can bet on Detroit or SF.

but some of you are Sox fans or Cubs fans, you say your favorite team is the best
you can bet your money on them, the bookie will take your money.
And when I tell you that you are wasting your money, you can call me narrow minded. But only Tigers or SF bettors have a chance to win.