2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread-Part 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it that you would want to see happen, OutofControl? Should people explicitly vote for McCain just to satisfy you that no special treatment is being given to the black guy?

The discourse is soon going to eat its own tail. Seriously.

This is scary:

YouTube - Obama Natural Born II Update

Even though Obama will probably win the election in the popular vote on Nov. 4th, the Electoral College doesn't cast their vote until Dec. 15th.

What if it's found out that Obama isn't a citizen thereby disqualifying him, and the Electoral College is left w/no other option but to vote McCain in?

I can see complete anarchy and pandemonium breaking out.

Pray for America.

<>

Yet another lie. I actually made it halfway through that obnoxious video to discover the premise of their argument, which would be weak anyway because of its dubious basis in fact. The premise is that if someone is born to a parent who isn't a US citizen, and that country doesn't recognize dual citizenship, then that country's laws take precedence over American laws, in America. That's false. The end.

Common Sense, that's what I'm about.

ana851e10.jpg

Do you honestly, seriously think a candidate for the President of the United States of America could a)make it even halfway through the primaries, b)receive the official party nomination and c)make it all the way to one week before the election without someone verifying that he's eligible to run?

Now I know you're not being serious.

FTW...seriously how many times has someone mentioned this very thing to diamond and others who have posted this BS.. many times i tell ya..

as stated, he wouldn't of gotten this far if there was any truth to this rumor. jeez:huh: :banghead:

Yeah but the point of the rumourmongering is to sow doubt... to maybe stop him getting any further, or to foul the play if he does. I doubt anyone really believes it amounts to a sack of shit.

I suspect that this time it will be quite futile, anyhow.

Oh yeah and I forgot the other purpose - to establish a bit of mythology to sustain the far right in the years to come. Every Democratic president needs nefarious stories of unspeakable evil around to rile up the base. Clinton had his, and so will Obama.

diamond has still not answered my question about whether Obama's grandmother has made a remarkable, miraculous recovery given how he stated that Obama's visit to her was "suspect."

How come Obama's maternal grandmother (the sick one, who I hope is ok) has never issued a public statement about Obama's candidacy?

Her silence on that topic is deafening.

Perhaps Obama's visit was not only to visit her but tie down a few loose ends-who knows.

How come Obama's maternal grandmother stated he was born in Kenya?

<>

McCain's going to be on campus Saturday :happy::|

Meanwhile I'll be in the neighborhoods knocking on doors getting out the vote.

Heh...I just realized my face in my avatar looks EXACTLY like this :happy:

How come Obama's maternal grandmother (the sick one, who I hope is ok) has never issued a public statement about Obama's candidacy?

Perhaps Obama's visit was not only to visit her but tie down a few loose ends-who knows.

<>

*crickets*

<>

Really? So every family member has to release a statement?

Why the double standard?

You've been shown the birth certificate, now move on...

No one can be this dense, right?

<>

I'm confused here... what if that was even true? What difference does it make? His mother is American, he was raised by her and her American parents. She was with Obama's father when he was a baby.. Geez.. my ex husband was born in Germany because his father was stationed there. Does that make him less American? Is he German because he was born in Germany?

My great grandparents came to American in the early 1900's. Does that make my grandparents non-American? Am I thus un-American too?

The fact is, Obama was born American and raised American. Even if he lived in another country for awhile with his Mother, it does not take away the fact that he is American. Are our military families un-American because they are based elsewhere in the world?? Do families that are stationed overseas because of their jobs or travel to experience different cultures become UnAmerican?

I am truly perplexed as to why you keep pushing this.

I'm confused here... what if that was even true? What difference does it make? His mother is American, he was raised by her and her American parents. She was with Obama's father when he was a baby.. Geez.. my ex husband was born in Germany because his father was stationed there. Does that make him less American? Is he German because he was born in Germany?

He's pushing this bogus issue because Obama wouldn't be able to run if he had been born on foreign soil, it's one of the few requirements.

Republicans are desperate, so they will cling on to anything right now...

Praise? not exactly, but Obama seems comfortable with him-which is the larger point.

<>

Don't go changing the question because you realized you failed. You asked why no one has renounced Wright in here. Although almost everyone has, your memory is weak my friend.

Yet you posted another preacher with delight that he was attacking Obama. When are you going to renounce the video you posted?

And let's not forget that Obama has renounced Wright...

but let's forget about that and stick to the real important issues like crackpot theories on birth certificates...

He's pushing this bogus issue because Obama wouldn't be able to run if he had been born on foreign soil, it's one of the few requirements.

So my ex-husband, because his father was stationed in the military, could not run for President because he was born in Germany? Or is the military base on foreign soil considered American soil?

So my ex-husband, because his father was stationed in the military, could not run for President because he was born in Germany? Or is the military base on foreign soil considered American soil?

A U.S. military base on foreign soil is considered American soil, so he's still safe :wink:

A U.S. military base on foreign soil is considered American soil, so he's still safe :wink:

Oh, that's good to know. I didn't understand what the big deal was, but I guess I can kind of get it now.

PolitiFact | Obama's birth certificate: Final chapter

And there’s the rub. It is possible that Obama conspired his way to the precipice of the world’s biggest job, involving a vast network of people and government agencies over decades of lies. Anything’s possible.

But step back and look at the overwhelming evidence to the contrary and your sense of what’s reasonable has to take over.

There is not one shred of evidence to disprove PolitiFact’s conclusion that the candidate’s name is Barack Hussein Obama, or to support allegations that the birth certificate he released isn’t authentic.

And that’s true no matter how many people cling to some hint of doubt and use the Internet to fuel their innate sense of distrust.

Well it's a nice try, but it still misses the point. I agree it's misguided to vote for a black man because he's a black man, or a woman because she's a woman.

But a man wanting to vote for a woman because she's a woman would never be considered misogynist...

Do we agree that the candidates should be voted for on policy then?

<>

and yet, questions about Sarah's mysterious pregnancy is the province of far left looney tunes ... oh, the irony.

I know plenty of republicans who are not saying things like this.

Probably just to give you fodder so you could yammer on about idiotic stuff like this.

She must really dig you. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom