2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread-Part 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if you're a conservative. If you're liberal then it's the other way around.

I'm no conservative, but that's not true. I see plenty of biases on television that touts to be "fair and balanced" and it's not just FOX. You have to vet your sources a little bit more carefully when it comes to the media. Some are more biased than others.

I, on the other hand, get all my news from Anderson Cooper because I like feasting my eyes AND my ears. :cute:

I think the point I'm trying to make is that TV, newspapers, magazines, movies, music, school have plenty of saturation in liberal bias.
I've already broke down this argument of yours several pages back... funny I never got a response. :hmm:

Forcing talk radio to put more liberal opinions on is overkill. There's a hunger out there for conservative opinions because people want to see intellectuals who agree with them compete against liberals in the chattering classes.
This doesn't make sense. You say there is a hunger to be matched head to head yet you want your news sources to exist in a vacuum void of any dissent.

Nobody believes that the Fairness Doctrine is going to be used to force conservative opinions on Oprah.
Well is Oprah really a political show :scratch:

The reason I know I'm right is that the forum thread here would celebrate if Rush and Hannity were off the air.
This is how you know you are right about what exactly?

The reason they don't work is that most left leaning folks don't need a preaching to the choir environment, in fact we fear it...

I feel that the left is very conformist and when competing in the realm of ideas and don't like competition. Both the left and the right have think tanks and get their ideas by talking to each other and then disseminating those ideas via many sources. The left has the majority of TV, newspapers, schools, hollywood, music.

Who said anything about forcing them off the air?

Talk radio for conservatives flourished after Fairness Doctrine was repealed. What happens with the Fairness Doctrine is that equal time with listeners would push people like Rush off the air because conservative views would have difficulty in being articulated if leftist activists can hammer the phones to drown them out.

I'm not sure who you think is being a martyr...

YouTube - Rush Announces eBay Charity Auction of Harry Reid's Letter

http://www.politico.com/static/PPM43_071002_reidletter.html

I'd like to thank some of the democrats who avoided signing the letter.

The left has the majority of TV, newspapers, schools, hollywood, music.
You just sound so paranoid. You sound like those folks who say the Jews own and run everything.

Talk radio for conservatives flourished after Fairness Doctrine was repealed. What happens with the Fairness Doctrine is that equal time with listeners would push people like Rush off the air because conservative views would have difficulty in being articulated if leftist activists can hammer the phones to drown them out.
Well if the host(Rush, Hannity, etc) had one bit of confidence in their stance and debating skills this wouldn't be an issue. You would still have the conservative voice running the show.

Honestly, I think the fear over the fairness doctrine is just another thing designed to rile you guys up, that's it.

Personally I think anyone who wants to consider themselves a legit news source should implement their own fairness doctrine and the government shouldn't be the ones deciding what's a "conservative" thought or what's a "liberal" thought, etc...

I hope you were kidding about the Rush being a martyr, if not that's pretty scary...

seems a bit smug and tedious to point out the smugness and tediousness of others.
Tedium is induced by recalling instances of lefty consensus and when I do it I'm not wanking off 90% of FYM who like being described as freethinking individualists.

I know every Z-list celebrity is coming out with their two cents these days, but I just had to post this here.

Remember Victoria Jackson? From SNL in the 80s?

Here's her website:

Victoria Jackson

And here's her two cents on Obama:

I don't want a political label, but Obama bears traits that resemble the anti- Christ and I'm scared to death that un- educated people will ignorantly vote him into office.

I don't need to give you a political label, dearie, but how about I label you as BATSHIT INSANE anyway?

Her boobs moved a lot on Saturday Night Live once during a skit.

I know some of you would find it shocking that I would remember something like this.

Yeah I'm also worried about the uneducated and ignorant after reading that.

I hope the batshit insane vote doesn't screw up this election. I fear there's a LOT of that out there.

She records CDs of ukelele music for kids. I think all parents should buy them...... to be used for the most severe punishments.

Are you saying that if I punish my children with Victoria Jackson, Bono's going to come and scold me?

beanygeorge2.gif

Who wants my job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom