2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread-Part 11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Diamond,

Pls advise re: the release time of your information. I'd like to get dinner now, but I'm afraid to leave my computer and miss it. Thx.

Sincerely,

VP

That the content will be of a more serious in nature, and I have had an exhaustive day dealing w clients while also preparing for the arrival of a dignitary from the East Coast, I'm now lying down for a power nap.

I will post on the subject later.

In the meantime please enjoy a few words from our sponsors:

YouTube - Fred Thompson on the election

YouTube - Where's The Fence

<>

I'm listening to Scott McLellan endorse Obama on Larry King right now, and this might be one of the best ones I've heard so far along with Powell. Some of these Republicans are really stepping up to the plate and taking a stand for doing the right thing. Johnny Maverick could take some lessons from them.

I'm listening to Scott McLellan endorse Obama on Larry King right now, and this might be one of the best ones I've heard so far along with Powell. Some of these Republicans are really stepping up to the plate and taking a stand for doing the right thing. Johnny Maverick could take some lessons from them.

Or, they are angling for jobs and political favours by sucking up to the person who they think will win.

This little f***er who made his living parroting the lies of Buscho now thinks he has his get out clause?

F*** him.

McCain is hundred times a better man than McLellan.

Or, they are angling for jobs and political favours by sucking up to the person who they think will win.

This little f***er who made his living parroting the lies of Buscho now thinks he has his get out clause?

F*** him.

McCain is hundred times a better man than McLellan.

:up: It happens in politics. If Obama becomes Jimmy Carter II after a honeymoon in a few weeks they will be non-entities. Backstabbers aren't rewarded in the long run. They are not respected in the new party (especially when they don't really believe in Democrat party politics) and they won't be forgiven from the party they left. There's even a small chance that Obama won't win.

They just feel the slickness is what is missing from the republicans. That shows how superficial they are. Buckley says that if Obama goes lefty he will be disappointed. Well get ready to be disappointed.:wink:

Backstabbers? Please.

People shouldn't be so entirely tied to one party or the other that they "go down with the ship" rather than switch to the candidate they feel will do a better job, who has run a better campaign and hasn't made questionable decisions like choosing Georgina Bush as his running mate.

Backstabbers? Please.

People shouldn't be so entirely tied to one party or the other that they "go down with the ship" rather than switch to the candidate they feel will do a better job, who has run a better campaign and hasn't made questionable decisions like choosing Georgina Bush as his running mate.

Palin is more conservative than Bush. Typical association that Democrats want to win with.

diamond, are your people also going to bring us news of Obama's grandmother making a miraculous recovery or have you moved on beyond that disgusting, revolting meme?

Hey, McCain - who've you been palling around with in your past?

In 1985, McCain traveled to Chile for a friendly meeting with Chile's military ruler, General Augusto Pinochet, one of the world's most notorious violators of human rights credited with killing more than 3,000 civilians and jailing tens of thousands of others.

John Dinges: McCain's Private Visit With Chilean Dictator Pinochet Revealed For First Time

Talk about your glass houses. So violence by a member of a radical group who committed acts of violence in America is a horrible, horrible thing*, but apparently a government committing horrible acts of violence against its own people is okay. Or something.

*Totally not saying it's not, despite my snark. Lest someone accuse me of palling around with the Weather Underground or something.

Wait, Scott McLellan is a life-long Republican. What does he have to do with Democratic strategy?

Are you telling me that the hammering in the media about McCain/Pain being a continuation of Bush and that Bush is responsible for the meltdown isn't apparent to you? Democrats love it because it resonates with lots of voters despite being false.

BTW Scott McLellan is not a democrat strategy but a Scott McLellan strategy for himself.

sirmactv.com

Democrats love it because it resonates with lots of voters despite being false.

This coming from you is quite hilarious... The most fair minded of us have admitted that this crisis came from all spectums of life. You of all people being called out more than once for using biased and factually incorrect sources should think twice about pointing fingers...

Hey, McCain - who've you been palling around with in your past?

In 1985, McCain traveled to Chile for a friendly meeting with Chile's military ruler, General Augusto Pinochet, one of the world's most notorious violators of human rights credited with killing more than 3,000 civilians and jailing tens of thousands of others.

John Dinges: McCain's Private Visit With Chilean Dictator Pinochet Revealed For First Time

Talk about your glass houses. So violence by a member of a radical group who committed acts of violence in America is a horrible, horrible thing*, but apparently a government committing horrible acts of violence against its own people is okay. Or something.

*Totally not saying it's not, despite my snark. Lest someone accuse me of palling around with the Weather Underground or something.

If Ahmadinejad's finance minster (whoever that would be) decided to ask help from Chicago libertarians on how to fix the economy and bow out of power without a shot fired that would be a huge victory for Obama. It would also be a HUGE precondition for Ahmadinejad to want to bow out of power.

If you want to attack America in regards to Pinochet you would have to point out that they didn't invade Chile to depose him and liked the idea of communists being wiped out, and didn't try to send him to a world court. If America helped Allende and deposed Pinochet then Allende's crimes would be attributable to the U.S.

Allende was like Chavez is now. If Venezuela goes through a rightist revolution to push out Chavez and the U.S. stopped the rightists to help the elected Chavez, that would have to be the action of America today to make Naomi Klein happy I guess. But then America would be helping the communist Chavez. You can't win.

I actually meant it as a jab toward all the chiding over Obama and who he's associated himself with in the past.

This just shows that McCain has associated himself with some questionable characters in the past as well.

I actually meant it as a jab toward all the chiding over Obama and who he's associated himself with in the past.

This just shows that McCain has associated himself with some questionable characters in the past as well.

But McCain's a maverick! Mavericks are allowed to do shit like that without question. You should know that. :tsk:

I forgot. The closer Election Day gets, the more election information flies out of my head.

Gosh, I sure hope I remember who I want to vote for, come November 4th. :(

This coming from you is quite hilarious... The most fair minded of us have admitted that this crisis came from all spectums of life. You of all people being called out more than once for using biased and factually incorrect sources should think twice about pointing fingers...

Is Obama going to push the removal of the Community Reinvestment Act? Wouldn't Wall Street, who bundled bad loans need the government to force banks to create those loans in the first place?

I want to know what Democrats are going to do so it doesn't happen again. If we don't eliminate subprime loans how will regulation affect this? You can't give a loan to a poor person without that being a risk to investors. They are going to have to remove this kind of lending or else more investor money (or taxpayer money) will go after bad.

Yes I used bad sources on homosexual culture and I'm bad on finding sources on the internet related to social policies and social groups because I haven't delved as deeply in those subjects as others on this board. Because of my ignorance of social debates I'll just pass on them to spare other people. You'll notice my posts on economics are quite large and numerous.

I'm much better on economics and there are better sources on the internet for economics. Economics is also has a track record that can be followed easier where failures can be found. People are either for or against gay marriage. In economics all people, (except suicidal people), aren't averse to getting wealthy, but they differ on how government is involved. Homosexual marriage is based on values that people hold and is measured differently than economics. I'll leave it to diamond and Irvine to argue about gay marriage. I'll also stay out of any abortion threads.:reject:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/25/us/politics/25obama.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

For the last 21 months, she has followed the odyssey of his presidential campaign like a spectator on a faraway balcony.

She underwent a corneal transplant to see him on television. She reluctantly agreed to film a political advertisement when he urgently needed to reassure voters about his distinctive American roots. She told him during one of their frequent telephone conversations that it might not hurt if he smiled a bit more.

And on Friday, Senator Barack Obama spent the day here saying goodbye.

At the Punahou Circle Apartments, a place of his own childhood, Madelyn Dunham, his grandmother, lay gravely ill. For weeks, Mr. Obama has talked to doctors and tracked her condition. When she was released from the hospital last week after surgery to repair a broken hip, he received word that he should not wait until after the election to make what he believes is most likely a final visit.

“One of the things I wanted to make sure of is that I had a chance to sit down with her and talk to her,” Mr. Obama said Friday on the ABC News television program “Good Morning America.” “She’s still alert and she’s still got all her faculties, and I want to make sure that — that I don’t miss that opportunity right now.”

“She is getting a sense of long-deserved recognition at — towards the end of her life,” he added.

As Mr. Obama flew west across six time zones on his way here, he stayed in the secluded front cabin of his campaign plane. He read, slept and briefly talked with a handful of aides who came along. The knot in his red tie was loosened as he walked down the aisle of the plane to stretch his legs, but he kept his distance from a small group of reporters who accompanied him.

In only one campaign commercial, made during the primary race, can Mrs. Dunham be heard speaking. Her osteoporosis was advanced, and she hunched so severely that it was hard for filmmakers to capture her spirit and words of support for her grandson.

In August, as he prepared to accept the Democratic nomination, Mr. Obama delivered a long-distance message to her in a televised speech.

“Thank you to my grandmother, who helped raise me and is sitting in Hawaii somewhere right now because she can’t travel, but who poured everything she had into me and who helped me become the man I am today,” Mr. Obama said. “Tonight is for her.”

Heckuva job, diamond.

Your "sources" have no shame. Choosing to peddle them unfortunately says something about you too that you may not want people to know.

Fucking hacks, I can't see why anybody would vote for the big government, torturous bastards that intervene in peoples lives for political gain.

Vote a third party that makes the GOP loose people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom