2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread 12: T=zero

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I called my grandparents who are two of the only members in our family (at least in their generation) who always fought for and believed in racial equality. My grandma is crying too. This is so beautiful. I've hoped for this day, but I never believed I'd see it even just a few hours ago. I'm overwhelmed.

My eyes were dry until he echoed Dr. King's words. "We will get there. As a people we will get there."

That's when the tears came. It's been a long time comin'. A hell of a long time.

:lol:

So what does Obama do till then? And what has Bush been doing with his time? I take it he's still technically the president until Jan 20th?

I called my grandparents who are two of the only members in our family (at least in their generation) who always fought for and believed in racial equality. My grandma is crying too. This is so beautiful. I've hoped for this day, but I never believed I'd see it even just a few hours ago. I'm overwhelmed.

That's so great...congratulations. When you think that many of the older generation weren't even issued birth certificates, this is a truly monumental moment.

That's so great...congratulations. When you think that many of the older generation weren't even issued birth certificates, this is a truly monumental moment.

I have a lot of racist relatives who still say and believe horrible things about African Americans. My grandparents have always been critical of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom