2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread 12: T=zero

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more that other parts of the world have the hope you may once again become a shining example - not a guarantee but a much better chance than you've had in recent years. The promise is an America that can be negotiated with on many levels (please don't apply this to terrorism - GW has unfortunately tied the word negotiate to that), and hopefully related to by citizens of the world who have thought the US to be a laughing stock, albeit a frightening one - the truth is to be seen, but that kind of promise is worth a worldwide celebration. America has taken a very brave and overwhelmingly united step forward, and the world is very happy to celebrate your bravery.

Congratulations.

That's fine and all, and I'm curious to see how he handles foreign policy issues.

And how many people voted for him purely because of that idealistic notion? Probably a shit load I'd imagine. Especially in the younger voters. That I have a problem with.

There's a quality to this election that actually got people engaged...if that's a product of idealism, character, and actual ideas, I say bring it on. I'll order multiple shit-loads.

Does he face a massive challenge? Yes.

Is this a massive moment? Undeniable.

And how many people voted for him purely because of that idealistic notion? Probably a shit load I'd imagine. Especially in the younger voters. That I have a problem with.

Obviously there is idealism and practicality but I've been rather shocked by the level of cynicism of so many leaning more to the right (especially in here), especially since the idea is that they have the monopoly on patriotism. There's a lot of love America in the "FYM room" right now, but somehow that doesn't count? That's not "real" patriotism? Celebrating the ideals America stands for is somehow now foolish naivete?

There is a demonstration of young people taunting the White House right now. Apparently, university students are texting each other to go to the White House and cheer Obama's win.:lol:

Yay for you. I'm sober, my head aches, my nose is running, and I'm alone. :happy:

debbie.gif
[/IMG]

Oh, please go be a party pooper somewhere else, Lance.

Ah, let's suppose something here. McCain wins, and the few people here who would be happy and celebrating, and the rest of you post your discontent. Would you tell yourself to leave? Of course not. It's ridiculous. Every time I enter a discussion on this forum where I'm in the great minority I'm told leave.

Fine. Later.

Honestly? I wouldn't come in and piss on their parade. I'd either congratulate them, or just not say anything at all.

I want to know how he's going to do as well. But there's plenty of time for being skeptical later.

Tell ya what, 90% of Aussies would have voted Obama over McCain, and the same would probably apply in Europe. Those who voted for Obama, you are doing the world a favour.....thank you kindly....

Isn't there an art film in Zoo Station that you need to go and wank to?

One last thing before I go. Does anyone else find it funny that long time posters here think they have to hide behind alters trash me?

Well, that's fine and dandy too. So go fuck yourself, you spineless pussy.

And you can report that all you want. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom