2008 U.S. Presidential Campaign Discussion Thread 12: T=zero

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'm super confused as to what they're guessing at and what they're actually announcing as "projected winner."

Did a bunch of polls just close and they already know the results? I'm baffled here.

So who's 'winning' at the moment?? I live in Australia, have no idea if the votes are being counted as we speak, I assume it's televised? How long to you all know who's gonna be president?

South Carolina »
7:56 p.m. EST, Nov 4 '08
County Results | Map
McCain 11,912 44%
Obama 14,830 55%
1% of precincts reporting

according to CNN, so how can you say SC goes to McCain? :der:
Because it's 1%, so overall percentages mean nothing. they are using exit polls, pre election polls, and common sense to call safe states. it isn't news. swing states are kept aside until more hard data comes in.

A bunch of polls just closed at 8, yes. Most of them are states that weren't going to be close. Only surprise is MSNBC has called Pennsylvania for Obama.

They have it at 103-34 in electoral votes.

South Carolina »
7:56 p.m. EST, Nov 4 '08
County Results | Map
McCain 11,912 44%
Obama 14,830 55%
1% of precincts reporting

according to CNN, so how can you say SC goes to McCain? :der:

Vermont was called for Obama with 0% of the precincts in.

A lot of action right now. 15 states - almost a third of all states - closed at 8PM. That's probably the biggest number of states that will close at the same time all night.

I know, but where did all these new EV come from? The states whose polls just closed, have they been tallying throughout the day and just submitted a bunch of results as they closed?

Omg Florida, Come On!!!

Edit: How lame is it that CAPSLOCK entries come out as capitalized first letters?

I know, but where did all these new EV come from? The states whose polls just closed, have they been tallying throughout the day and just submitted a bunch of results as they closed?
The networks will call sure-bet states before any official tallies come in.

But polling places do tally throughout the day (not releasing hte tallies) otherwise we'd be waiting on results until next tuesday.

The networks will call sure-bet states before any official tallies come in.

But polling places do tally throughout the day (not releasing hte tallies) otherwise we'd be waiting on results until next tuesday.

Thanks, Varitek. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom