2004 Election Tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nader makes me sad...
what the fuck is he thinking this time around?!
When I see the numbers I swear I want to strangle him. Well, no, actually, I want to look him in the eyes and try to get a real sense of why in hell he's out there this time, knowing what he knows.
he really scares me now. yeah, yeah, rights and all, but he really scares me now.

this is so wrong but so true, so why do I find it funny?

If you are black and a resident of Florida, work out two or three alternate routes to your polling place to avoid police checkpoints.

ShellBeThere said:
Nader makes me sad...
what the fuck is he thinking this time around?!
When I see the numbers I swear I want to strangle him. Well, no, actually, I want to look him in the eyes and try to get a real sense of why in hell he's out there this time, knowing what he knows.
he really scares me now. yeah, yeah, rights and all, but he really scares me now.

wow, seriously? i mean, come on, what is your problem with the guy? who is he hurting? if you don't like him don't vote for him. i however think that he is the best man for the job! if you want to know why he ran this year check out votenader.com and hear straight from him why he is running.

Exactly, Nader represents a third party option - for those that know that Bush and Kerry are but two sides of the same establishment coin.

shrmn8rpoptart said:

wow, seriously? i mean, come on, what is your problem with the guy? who is he hurting? if you don't like him don't vote for him. i however think that he is the best man for the job! if you want to know why he ran this year check out votenader.com and hear straight from him why he is running.

Are you an idiot? Who is he hurting? He cost Gore the election in 2000.

bsp77 said:

Are you an idiot? Who is he hurting? He cost Gore the election in 2000.

1. (and this may make me an idiot in your view) but i didn't want gore to win, so this did not affect my view. 2. gore lost the election himself, or at the very least, blame florida election officials or the supreme court, but not nader. it is not nader's job to get votes for dems. i'm sorry, but if you know anything about nader or his history, this is not what he is about. he has more of a plan for the country than getting the republican out of office. he is about trying to make this country better. once again go to votenader.com, and then come back and call me an idiot.

shrmn8rpoptart said:

1. (and this may make me an idiot in your view) but i didn't want gore to win, so this did not affect my view. 2. gore lost the election himself, or at the very least, blame florida election officials or the supreme court, but not nader. it is not nader's job to get votes for dems. i'm sorry, but if you know anything about nader or his history, this is not what he is about. he has more of a plan for the country than getting the republican out of office. he is about trying to make this country better. once again go to votenader.com, and then come back and call me an idiot.

Actually I can respect your decision if you truly believe that Nader is the better candidate and that there is no difference between the Republican and Democrat. I also know that Nader supporters want him to get 5% of the vote as it establishes him in so way (sorry can't remember the exact significance). I was only calling you an idot for the remark that Nader's presence does not hurt anything. It does, that was just flat out an incorrect remark.

You gotta love James Carville, no matter how you feel about Nader, no?
He just told us on CNN that it all comes down right now to Ohio and Florida, never mind the other horserace numbers.
I still can't fathom all this lose-your-job-hate-the-war but are 'socially conservative' and so vote for Bush. What is 'socially conservative' a euphemism for exactly?

it hurts the democrats in the same way that a republican running does. the fact that you are a democrat or a republican does not give you more of a right to run than someone from a third party. so the fact is yes, if anyone runs against kerry (or gore) if the dem. does not do his job convincing someone that they are the better candidate, people could vote for another person. but when you say he hurts kerry, it sounds like you are implying that he is doing an injustice to him, which is rediculous.

shrmn8rpoptart said:
it hurts the democrats in the same way that a republican running does. the fact that you are a democrat or a republican does not give you more of a right to run than someone from a third party. so the fact is yes, if anyone runs against kerry (or gore) if the dem. does not do his job convincing someone that they are the better candidate, people could vote for another person. but when you say he hurts kerry, it sounds like you are implying that he is doing an injustice to him, which is rediculous.

Not saying that. Just saying that most Nader voters would have voted for Gore, not Bush, if Nader was not around. Unless they otherwise would not have voted at all. But the election was so close in several states, that if Nader was not around Gore would have won. Surely you know that. Nader has a right to run, no question, but it does have an effect, and to state otherwise is idiotic. That is all I am saying.

no one said that he didn't have an effect. i said that he "isn't hurting anyone." that is the goal of his campaign is to have an effect, otherwise why run? if you know anything about nader, then you certainly know that he doesn't give a rip if he takes votes from anyone. in fact he wants to take votes from them! he hates democrats just slightly less than he hates republicans, he views them as a lesser evil of the "two-party dictatorship". so, in conclusion, it was not nader's fault that the dems couldn't take florida in 2000. if the democrats couldn't convince people that gore was a better man for the job, then that is their fault...not nader's.

Back
Top Bottom