2000 or 3000 dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiphop

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
According to TV news - I?m far too occupied to check internet resources, excuse me - American soldiers are in the process of taking Baghdad. Last night, this cost the life of between 2000 and 3000 soldiers and civilians. Iraqi Information asshole source says its not true etc. etc.

After looking at masses of dead and injured children, I am pretty confident that Bush and Saddam will rot in hell for this.

''I know the number that Gen. Franks was briefed on and it was between 2,000 and 3,000,'' Wilkinson said.

Central Command officials declined to say how they came up with those figures. Previously, they have refused to give Iraqi death tolls.
(excerpt from the link dread posted)

The use of "previously" sorta indicates that the 2,000-3,000 deaths may be only Iraqis.

and hiphop - you're not the judge of who goes to hell ;)

Lilly said:
justice is a word of which no one truly knows the meaning.

Good one :up:

Wise girl.

Hmmm, then I might pray for what I think justice is: that those bloody bastards forever rot in hell for the pain they have inflicted upon others.

Normally not, but in cases like that one I can?t resist.

I'm a vomit this 'til all the lobbyists in congresses keep their promises and the artists are all real artists
And the fathers finish what the fuck they started

:hmm: yess...i like the touring part....but i'm not sure of the "evil" part.

though if we invite basstrap and we don't say it's evil, that's false advertising.

hiphop:

toon0704,0.jpg

Cost per taxpayer: $ 1125

Not bad at all. How do they measure that? Anyway, I am pretty sure every American agrees that homeland security is ten times worth it, or what do you think?

Scarletwine said:
I don't think the loss of human life is worth the supposed homeland security.

I would love to see you say this to Mr. Ritter's Wife.

I don't put a price tag on Liberty.

Mr. Pink

Scarletwine said:
I don't think the loss of human life is worth the supposed homeland security.

were you also critical of the sanctions??..just curious...I'm trying to gauge how ppl who weren't necesarily against sanctions feel abotu this war

on another note I think that we all seem to only count the number killed and tend to gloss over "injured"

but a lot of those casualties are ppl who lose limbs, hearing eyesight etc etc...which is a shame but a reality of the situation.

Arun V said:

were you also critical of the sanctions??..

The sanctions weren?t that expensive though. 1125 $ in two weeks, thats around 30k per taxpayer per year. All this money for killing people, well... if American taxpayers have nothing better to do...

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

The sanctions weren?t that expensive though. 1125 $ in two weeks, thats around 30k per taxpayer per year. All this money for killing people, well... if American taxpayers have nothing better to do...

I think your right ..the money for inspections came out of iraqs oil for food program.

hip hop I take it then that you really didn't mind the sanctions?

I'm just curious if people who are against this war were also against sanctions.

Lemonite said:
I would love to see you say this to Mr. Ritter's Wife.

Because Mr. Ritter's wife is more valuable than an Iraqi mother, right?

Arun V said:

were you also critical of the sanctions??..just curious...I'm trying to gauge how ppl who weren't necesarily against sanctions feel abotu this war

I think Sanctions are a possibility but the way our western nations f***ed it up... :sad:

2 examples:
- a UN member didn't allow import of eggs because they were dual use?! Later they found out that he wanted to raise presure on Iraq to import food from his country instead :(
- another UN member gave the control for speading food to the Iraqi government.
This f***ed up the situation completely, so there was only one monopole for food distribution, the dictator who should be weakened - "great" idea :(

->If some of that nations wouldn't have been as selfish as they behaved the sanctions could have worked.

Klaus

Klaus said:

I think Sanctions are a possibility but the way our western nations f***ed it up... :sad:

2 examples:
- a UN member didn't allow import of eggs because they were dual use?! Later they found out that he wanted to raise presure on Iraq to import food from his country instead :(
- another UN member gave the control for speading food to the Iraqi government.
This f***ed up the situation completely, so there was only one monopole for food distribution, the dictator who should be weakened - "great" idea :(

->If some of that nations wouldn't have been as selfish as they behaved the sanctions could have worked.

Klaus

hmm interesting ...I'll have to research this more

Back
Top Bottom