2 Georgia schools to pay students to study

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course, he wants "states rights" so he can pass off bigot legislature but not take credit for it...

I kid, somewhat, even you finance have admitted he has some questionable actions...

As far as this program... It is privately funded. And honestly I'm torn, I believe in education work programs but this one is on the fence. I mean their rich neighbors are given rewards for their good report cards, right? What's the difference if it comes from a program or your parents?

Our local university's psychology (or sociology) department is conducting a study at our school (I teach high school) this year that involves paying students for good grades. It's supposed to be anonymous but everyone knows who the kids are.

Yeah private funding kind of negates my opinion.

However, I don't really think it's fair to only offer it to certain kids. In college, we got merit-based scholarships based on grades, but that applies to everyone. You make the bracket, you get the money. You don't have to go from a D- to an A to be eligible and then get nothing for going from a B to an A. What about the kids who have always worked their asses off to get good marks? That doesn't count?

Back
Top Bottom