12th Anniversary of the Oklahoma City Bombing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
April 19, 1995.

Today is the 12th anniversary of the Oklahoma City Bombing.

Normally this would be on every newscast today(Thursday), but it just might go overlooked this year in the shadow of Virginia Tech.

Remember...

I moved to Oklahoma the fall after the bombing. On the first anniversary, our school observed a minute of silence for the victims. Afterwards, everyone slowly started to talk about where they were, what they were doing, and who they knew that was in that building. It was eery in a way as I had no connection to it besides seeing it on the news in California, but really comforting to see the sense of community that formed from it.

My father-in-law told us over Easter that ALL Muslims are killers who want to kill ALL of us. When my husband brought up Timothy McVeigh, he did not know who he was or what he did. As long as there are people who want to believe only what Faux News tells them, this kind of tunnel vision will persist.

I live in Oklahoma. I was pretty young when it happened, maybe 9 or 10, and I just remember my dad picked my brother and I up from school that day and the only thing he really said to us was that there was a bombing in OKC. My grandparents lived less then 10 minutes away from where it happened and heard the explosion and felt the ground shake beneath their house. It was really scary. I'll never forget the images from that day.

I was 20 years old.
Had the day off from work, woke up at about 10:30am (about 90 minutes after the explosion) , turned on the TV, thought I was looking at footage from Beirut.....

Seconds later I noticed it was local TV.

I am still 100% convinced they haven't caught all the parties involved. Not a question of conspiracy so much as lack of evidence.

I saw the memorial a few years ago -- very, very moving and well done.

It's sad that we still have such horrible violent acts taking place today. :(

Back
Top Bottom