Should the description be changed or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Add

• Yes please change the description .. I'm too full to eat any more brains

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • No, leave the description as is.. we can always just eat their brains

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • I dont really care

Votes: 20 32.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make a sticky. Sure noone reads the stickies, but they are there, so it isn't like they didn't have the opportunity to see what could happen to them.

Anyway, first time posting in IO is like jumping into cold water, it's a tad of a shock to the system at first, but then you get used to it.

myusernamehere said:
Make a sticky.

What would it say?

The thing is.. it DOESNT say that U2 talk is not allowed here. It DOES say that everything and anything is allowed here... so I can understand that people may want to talk about U2 in here and not think they are doing anything wrong at all. Then I feel bad to see them upset when they honestly seem attacked or offended for mentioning U2. (yes I do have a heart LOL) At least if it said no U2 (or similar) then we have a REASON to jump on them. Do I make ssssssense??

I don't want the name to be changed. I personally don't care if someone mentions U2 in here, although I'm used to using PLEBA for that purpose. Bono jokes are funny wherever they are.

Maybe something like...

IO has evolved into a forum with rules--written and unwritten--all its own. Yes, you really can talk about just about anything here...but the guardians of IO might have, uh, something to say about it!

Just approach your IO posting with an open mind and a sense of humor. Remember, they're not laughing at you, they're laughing with you...unless you can't laugh at yourself. :wink:

I voted to change the description. (Not that my vote should count all that much since I don't spend very much time here.)

I posted something about U2 once in IO when i first came here because I didn't know. And then everyone yelled at me. :reject: . So I guess that the description should be changed.

This is the Green Room of the board... anything and everything pretty much goes here. But remember, we have sporks! You have been warned! ;)
Please include "It's Official" or similar in your thread titles.

It HAS to change to remove that anti-mean clause

pax said:
Maybe something like...

IO has evolved into a forum with rules--written and unwritten--all its own. Yes, you really can talk about just about anything here...but the guardians of IO might have, uh, something to say about it!

Just approach your IO posting with an open mind and a sense of humor. Remember, they're not laughing at you, they're laughing with you...unless you can't laugh at yourself. :wink:

Thanks to Pax for being the first person to recognize me (guardian of IO)! :angry:

And, dammit...we are usually laughing AT the newbies...especially ones who aren't familiar with the numbering system, mention U2 and who have no clue who Salome is. even:angry:ier

nbcrusader said:
Leave it alone - its fun to have unwritten rules.

Bono says so....

:up:

I voted to leave it the way it is....

Somethings should just be a rite of passage that you have to figure out with a spork in one hand and a spork in the other hand

:drool:

Sicy said:

What would it say?

I dunno, I hadn't thought that part out yet. How about...

Hey how's it going?... Good to hear... Right now you are in It's Official, we don't like to talk about U2 in here, please don't make us. We know you probably won't read this, cuz who pays attention to stickies anyway; but be forewarned that we have angry smilies and aren't afraid to use them. Have a good day

Do I make ssssssense??
yessssss

I vote for change it to whatever will piss the most people off :angry:
Bloody newbs coming in here and wanking about fucking U2! This board is bloody huge with 80% dedicated to the band. I'd say we shoot them, but that is illegal outside of America, so perhaps we just have a free for all in ripping into every new person.

Tally for breakdowns :angry:

:heart:

Angela Harlem said:
Bloody newbs coming in here and wanking about fucking U2! This board is bloody huge with 80% dedicated to the band. I'd say we shoot them, but that is illegal outside of America, so perhaps we just have a free for all in ripping into every new person.

:heart: :love: :heart:

Angela Harlem said:

Tally for breakdowns :angry:

Will you marry me (again)?

zoney and angie remind me of this commercial where this married couple are walking around and the guy says something like he'd marry her again.

she was like aww you're joking then she saw her mom and dad. the guy was like will you marry me...again? :cute:

it was for diamonds of course. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom