sha la la laIO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
1. tom waits is in love with a jersey girl
2. van morrison is on the radio
3. the small faces dropped the "lee" somewhere and can't find it.

which one is it? :mad:

you're all wrong! even the brindle is wrong!!! and brindle is never wrong. i'm sure if it had a mouth it would have said tom waits :tsk:

dandy said:
oh wait, there was a point to this?

:easilydistracted:

:sheerblonde:

there is no spoon.

there is a fork, but it's a rather dull fork. and therefore, no point.

freaks

this song is at first glance a fight against conformity. but beyond this first impression is a view at our inner nature and our attempt to manifest it. "will you call them freaks, or will you call them gods" is such biting sarcasm, such that there really is no difference between them, and ed knows this. at various points, there are mentions of misguidance in our aims, as in "will you render her asunder...or will you crash that beautiful silence...finding yourself in your mother's arms". the beauty of the moment is ignored for a more poetic interpretation made by the "little fucker". in his eyes, the silence is not nearly as beautiful as what he can do by saying things about maternal desires. lastly, the line about peter on the hill (thank you to those Live fans who clued me in on the bible passage ed refers to here), in conjunction with the previous few lines, seems to be ed rhetorically and somewhat cynically questioning the subject if he will act upon the outside forces that are oppressing him.

:hmm:

http://members.aol.com/livefan4/livess.html#freaks

i'm going to listen to that song now.

ed kowalczyk rules. long before i knew that cz = polish ch, i had a very long discussion about how in the hell you pronounce his name :shifty:

"freaks

this song is at first glance a fight against conformity. but beyond this first impression is a view at our inner nature and our attempt to manifest it. "will you call them freaks, or will you call them gods" is such biting sarcasm, such that there really is no difference between them, and ed knows this. at various points, there are mentions of misguidance in our aims, as in "will you render her asunder...or will you crash that beautiful silence...finding yourself in your mother's arms". the beauty of the moment is ignored for a more poetic interpretation made by the "little fucker". in his eyes, the silence is not nearly as beautiful as what he can do by saying things about maternal desires. lastly, the line about peter on the hill (thank you to those Live fans who clued me in on the bible passage ed refers to here), in conjunction with the previous few lines, seems to be ed rhetorically and somewhat cynically questioning the subject if he will act upon the outside forces that are oppressing him."

:huh:

Either thats a blabbering bad-ass journalists interpretation or the song is shit.

:|

FizzingWhizzbees said:
la la la, la la la la la la la, la la la.

anyone?

all i know is that there better not be any ladies with spinning heads :mad:

Angela Harlem said:
fizzy! :bow: hiphop, dont you even know the song?

:slant:

Nope, Ed didn´t send me a promo copy, so why should know it. Do you expect me to listen to everything thats ever been published in that gigantic showbusimess world?

However, for ye comfort I´ll say the song is brilliant and the journalist a blabbering badass.

Back
Top Bottom