It's Owficial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just make sure if they put you under that you know whether or not your shirt was tucked or untucked when you went in there. :sexywink:

I hate going to the dentist!

My mouth is really small, so they have to put this goal post looking apparatus in my mouth to hold it open. then i get lock jaw and look like a hog. :crazy:

i've been recommended for oral surgery for my wisdom teeth.. but i'm such a big baby. :knockonwood:

:hug: Poodle :hug:

:hug:

I HATE going to the dentist because I take better care of my teeth than anyone I know, yet I still manage to get cavaties. And now I have to get three wisdom teeth removed, and my crappy federal employees insurance won't cover it. :mad: :sad:

"miss saraejvo" is on mtv2 right now

I leave in a few minutes. I am so friggin scared. I know for a fact that I have at least one cavity, that's why I'm going mainly, just because I've been in near constant pain for the last month (and neither advil or vicodin help :| ), but I'm just scared of what else he might find, since I haven't even been to the dentist in 2 years. I'm also majorly stressing over how much this is all going to cost, because I am nearly broke. :sad:

I never had a cavity up until I was 14, but up until now that has been my only one. Ugh, this sucks.

:banghead:

thanks for asking daisy, i think it went ok. i should know this week:wave:

i hate the dentist. last time i was getting some serious drilling done and what happens? oh yeah, the novicaine wears off. :censored:

it did, however, kick back in just in time for me to drive to school. so i looked like this :drool: all day. :mad:

boo to dentists

I didnt have a cavity either till my 20's. It wasnt as bad as I thought.. and they have this cool kind of filling now that is the same color as your teeth so it doesnt look like you have one.

But I think I'm getting another one on the other side.. but I dont care. :|

Good luck. :hug:

You're probably already there so this may be too late, but don't be afraid to tell them you need more novacaine if you are still feeling anything. I usually need 2, if not 3 injections before I'm ready. He always tests before he starts (pokes my gums, scrapes my tooth, etc).

I have a mouth full of metal. :| I shouldn't have ROOM for anymore cavities - but they are 'watching' about 15 teeth.

Ditto on the tucked in shirt thing.

Noodle, maybe we can get a 2 for 1 deal

Well, I'm back and not in any more pain than when I left.

He looked at the teeth that were giving me pain, and said that the one that was really really bad was my lower right wisdom tooth, it's rotting (eew). He recommends an oral surgeon to take care of that, like I have the goddamn money to do anything right now. :rant:

He said to watch my other wisdom teeth, and when things turn around for me to come in for a cleaning. :sigh:

When "things turn around"...ok, how much longer until they do???

:sad:

Thanks everyone, btw. :hug:

*goes to scour want ads for the 15 millionth week in a row :mad:

I actually can't complain about my dentist - we are related (he and my mom are cousins, so I think we are first cousins once removed?!?) and so he really helps me out. I don't have dental insurance so he always gives me a discount and occasionally just won't charge for something. He lets me run a tab too, which is really nice, I just send him what I can, when I can (usually about $50/month).

I had horrible experiences with an awful dentist that my parents used til I was about 11 - gosh, I can remember that that was back before they used spit-suckers or gloves or face masks (he had a nasty huge bushy moustache - blech) :sick:
Then we switched to my current Dr S, still took me a while to not pitch a hissy fit everytime I needed to go in just to have my teeth cleaned. I have super sensitive teeth and for awhile there I was having panic attacks the night before any appointment. But he's so cautious with me because he knows I'm super-duper sensitive, he says only my dad is worse out of all his patients. Guess it runs in the family. :laugh:

Monday at 8:45 it's getting pulled. :reject:

I :heart: my mom. If it wasn't for her, I'd be fucking dead by now. :|

I'm ready for this year to just be over already. It's been the worst year of my life so far, and I'm just tired. Physically, mentally- I'm just tired of all the stress of not havinga job.

Why won't anyone hire me?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:scream: :banghead: :sad:

I've neve head any cavaties

when they removed one of my wisdom teeth it kept bleeding for 24 hours though

I need to make an appointment with my dentist :|

I'm supposed to go every 3-6 months to get my teeth cleaned, but I've been bad about it the last few months. I think I lost part of a filling in one of my front teeth (but it's behind the tooth where no one can see), and I think I have to get one of my fillings replaced in one of my back teeth. The last time I went to the dentist he said it looked pretty bad, but he he tried putting a filling in it, but he said it probably wouldn't work, and would probably need a crown or cap. It's been hurting off and on lately, esp. when I chew on that side :| I think I need that crown :(

I'm skerd to go too...usually once I get there tho it's not so bad. I just hate going, since my teeth aren't that great :huh:

Back
Top Bottom