It's Officialy Interferencers Against Acronyms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have trouble figuring out acronyms and I can't really read the things either, so I'll sign up! I'm an Interferencer Against Acronyms!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
please everyone wear your crack blue anti-acronym wrist band durring the holiday season to show your support :up:

:grumpy:

I'll sign the Interferencer Against Acronyms petition, but don't like the wrist band joke. :(

i know it's not as classy as the $2.99 "Support Our Troops" wrist band that 7-11 is selling, with a dollar going to the USO, and $1.99 going to research new flavors of slurpee... but it's a start.

I just snorted my 7-Up. :mad:

please everyone wear your crack blue anti-acronym wrist band durring the holiday season to show your support :up:

OH, you mean the CBAAWB ??? :wink:

sorry :reject:

:dance:

can someone explain me what's HUT-DUB, BUD-WEIS, PIZZA-HUT or what ever it is? :scratch:

I want to start my own revolutionary group. It's not interferencers for acronyms, but rather

OIAIAABWRDGAFATBWSTSMTWSTO
or
Official Interferencers against interferencers against acronyms because we really don't give an f at all because we see them so much that we shrug them off

UnforgettableLemon said:
I want to start my own revolutionary group. It's not interferencers for acronyms, but rather

OIAIAABWRDGAFATBWSTSMTWSTO
or
Official Interferencers against interferencers against acronyms because we really don't give an f at all because we see them so much that we shrug them off

my next group is going to be called interferencers who tell other interferencers that i don't give a shit that you don't give a fuck 'cause low and behold i'm allowed to have my own opinion and my opinion is that they suck ass

Last edited:
bunny.jpg

it is the thing that set off this entire movement... apparently some people decided that that they were going to start pronouncing their acronyms, thus "HUT-DAB" is how you would pronounce "HTDAAB"

it's like the old joke about the stupid guy who was stranded on a desert island, decided to swim for land, got half way there and decided it was too far to swim so he swam back to the island.

it doesn't make sense... you're using an acronym so that you don't have to say the words, but now you're saying different words instead. trying to figure out stupid stuff like this is what gives people aneurisms.

my next group is going to be called interferencers who tell other interferencers that i don't give a shit that you don't give a fuck 'cause low and behold i'm allowed to have my own opinion and my opinion is that they suck ass

That name rocks, by the way.

You know, a suggestion could be made to alter the word list on this forum so when someone types an acronym, vB will automatically replace it with the whole name.

And I say this calmly because deep down I am so fucking sick to death of these fucking acronyms, they make me want to fucking smash something like a fucking U2 cd with all the long arsed fucking names that clearly represent the lack of fucking concern the band fucking have for my fucking sanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scream:

As UnforgettableLemon cracked at the first sign of enemy intimidation I must take it upon myself to lead the resistance to abolish our beloved acronym.
It is essential part of our culture and I for one will not stand for Headache In A Suitcase's authoritarian and Neo-Colonial attempt to suppress our culture and heritage.
I therefore must form the IPFGMFTPOAOI and call on my comrades to join me by using the signature and posting made up and non-corresponding acronysms across all parts of the board to confuse the enemy.

Last edited:
PS Headache In A Suitcase this isn't personal, I was great fan of your work at the Office Of U2 Security however my conscience has forced me to resist you on this.

tarquinsuperb said:
As UnforgettableLemon cracked at the first sign of enemy intimidation I must take it upon myself to lead the resistance to abolish our beloved acronym.
It is essential part of our culture and I for one will not stand for Headache In A Suitcase's authoritarian and Neo-Colonial attempt to suppress our culture and heritage.
I therefore must form the IPFGMFTPOAOI and call on my comrades to join me by using the signature and posting made up and non-corresponding acronysms across all parts of the board to confuse the enemy.

gunleft.gif

Back
Top Bottom