Its OFFICIALLY your favorite party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hiphop

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
The best party in your life was:

Music:
Food:
Drink:
Substances:

Mood:
People:
Other events:

Your Gender:
Your Age:

Shit. That takes a lot of thinking and the best parties I've been to have killed off quite a few of my brain cells.

:|

The best party in your life was:

My parents 100th birthday!!! My parents were born on the same day but 2 years apart. So when my Dad turned 51 and my Mom turned 49 they had a huge birthday party.

Time: March 1976

Music: My parent's faves - Frank Sinatra and Neil Diamond
Food: Catered Chinese food
Drink: Beer, wine, and assorted liquors
Substances: none

Mood: Fun
People:Family and friends
Other events:

Your Gender: female
Your Age: 15

Don't get me wrong, since then I have been to a 'few' great parties but this party was really special.

That sounds like lots of fun, fah :) but if you´re 15, how come you were there in 1976? :D

The best parties are the ones you vaguely remember. The ones where you wake up the next morning mostly naked with a pile of other mostly naked people on a kitchen floor.

Then when you get the photos developed you start to remember that yes, it was a good party.

ok there´s so many parties but some stand out and a very special one was:

Location: Amsterdam, in a 10story high building occupated by an independent artist community

Time: must´ve been autumn 2001.. or 2002?

Music: one big drum and bass area in the 10th floor. in the 9th floor, a chillout room with triphop, slow funk and soul until about midnight, at 4 a.m. i revisited and there was Indian Raga music. live music: a band playing in a small intime live setup; kinda folk/ rock like, lou reed style

Food: none

Drink: various, but they didnt serve alcohol at the bars.

Substances: Amsterdam

Mood: enlightened

People: many residents, about 200 visitors. nice freaks.

Other events: sleeping about 2hrs on the floor of the chillout room and getting up dizzy at about 9 a.m. going upstairs recieved by one of the tuffest DnB sets, people dancing like crazy.. hmmmh

met a native Indian at the concert. its like.. the concert wasnt announced or anything. there was a near-to-invisible door in the wall which opened when i passed by, 2 people walked out, i walked in, saw a room with about 80 pairs of shoes, another door, put my shoes off, went inside and all the people sit in big circles, talking, having a chill until the band started playing.

my gender and age are obvious to anyone :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom