Its Officially serious now people

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guaca

Refugee
My daughter is severely bugging me to get a pet....and Im thinking of getting her a.....cat....question...what type of cat is very docile for children...and Id like one that doesnt shed so much so short hair would be good...any suggestions from IO Catclub

:madspit: no Ody's for me.....:madspit:

they smell worse than peanuts.....and their hair..dont get me started on the hair...:lol:

How old is your daughter?

I suggest an already grown cat.. 1 yr or older. Shorthair. Go to the pound to get it. Tabby's are great.. females are easier than males.. and make sure she's fixed before you get her! :sexywink:

No dogs :angry:

thx Sicy....she'll be 9 in August....when you say Tabby's...forgive my naiveity...but is that the breed of cat...and do I have to get them de-clawed or does it matter...

guaca said:
thx Sicy....she'll be 9 in August....when you say Tabby's...forgive my naiveity...but is that the breed of cat...and do I have to get them de-clawed or does it matter...

Oh good god PLEASE do NOT DECLAW YOUR CAT *slaps forehead* It is the most cruel thing you could possibly do to an animal. It is the equivalent of cutting off the first joint of your fingers.

I think you need to do some research about cats before you get one guaca.

seamonkeys :hyper: :lmao:

seamonkeys.gif

although they're more than $1.25 now :angry:

stick to the topic people..elst I pelt you with peanuts..flung from my bright orange spatula.....

dogs = not even in the equation
cats = its that or nuttin

but really......why is it that children need pets anyway..when they have us loving parents who spend countless hours on the internet weeding through pointless meaningless thoughts posted haphasardly around interland and abroad I mean really would you want a pet if you were them....:lol:

Sicy said:

Oh good god PLEASE do NOT DECLAW YOUR CAT *slaps forehead* It is the most cruel thing you could possibly do to an animal. It is the equivalent of cutting off the first joint of your fingers.

I think you need to do some research about cats before you get one guaca.

well geez...sorry...I told you I am naive about these things didnt I...what do I know..that is why I was asking you experts...:wave:

The people on that site are experts. Thing about asking your questions there! :)

Ok Ok I get it...do not de claw your pets...got it....wouldnt want the poor things to be hurt...that wouldnt be good....but their nails can be cut right? like a dog..we had a dog when I was growing up and we used to cut its nails on account of they got quite long..and clicked on the ground when she walked...:yes:

Yes you can trim their nails, just the very tips.. not into the pink part.

guaca come join the cat site and ask these questions there! These people know EVERYTHING :hyper:

I shall..thanks...Im sure they'll get a kick out of a newbie cat person....:yes:

first I must search for a smiley.....then will ask the hard pointed questions a la Barbara Walters.....loading questions up now...

oh see now you are playing dirty...how dare you introduce POP into this thread...POP POP..oh I need to pop some bubbles now...oh bubble boy....

Sicy said:

you = :down:

Please dont get me started on how much better cats are than dogs.

SICY = WAY :down:

CATS are cute as kittens, but I want to see a cat fetch a big honking stick or tennis ball.

My cat fetches her catnip bag when I throw it and brings it back and drops it at my feet.

well there ya go...something I never knew...and you know this because:eyebrow:

guaca, another thought might be a guinea pig or a rat - those (IMHO) are the most gentle and easiest to care for in the pocket pet category, if your daughter was interested in one of those.

Sicy is right about an adult cat - kittens are cute but they grow up quick, and you're much more likely to see the cat's true personality if you get it as an adult.

Back
Top Bottom