It's officially #only 14 years until...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
I get to see a Total Solar Eclipse! Something I've always wanted to see! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

This weekend my friends and I were discussing the dissapointment we had in not seeing the total lunar eclipse this past Thursday night (May 15) because of the cloudy weather here. Of course lunar eclipses and partial solar eclipses are pretty common. We were reading up on Eclipses in the "Farmer's Almanac". There will be a TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE visible from the U.S. (viewable from Oregon to South Carolina) in the year 2017! :happy: I always thought I'd have to spend lots of $$$$ and travel somewhere far away to see one.

But all I gotta do is wait 14 more years and there will be one practically right in my backyard :happy: :hyper: :applaud:

Of course if I ever have enough money and given the opportunity, I would love the chance to see a Total Solar Eclipse in another part of the world sooner.

tse97-20.gif

http://www.earthview.com/timetable/worldmap.htm

Last edited:
i saw that eclipse on accident actually. we were up north at the lake (<--look everyone, i'm minnesotan) and roasting marshmallows on the bonfire and just caught a glimpse of it. i thought it was a blood moon at first, then when we saw it go back to normal we figured it out.

in 14 years i'll be 33.

In 14 years I'll be 47 :ohmy:

I had to figure that out with a calculator :reject: :lol:

I saw one...pre-1997. I in 6th grade so I would have been 12, I believe. Anyway, they kept telling everyone NOT to stare at the sun....it was cool, got really dark. It was such a momentous occasion that they hooked up a video camera in the library and some classes got to go down and watch the eclipse safely (direct video feed, watching it on the TV as opposed to staring at the sun).

Come to think of it, I wish I had known 'Staring at the Sun' back then. Would have made it more interesting.

In 14 years I will be 34 :yikes:
Hopefully I will have figured my life out by then

Back
Top Bottom