It's Officially My Anniversay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
icelle said:
what were your views on the members here and also the forum IO when you first joined, and now?

For me, when I first joined Interference, it was like entering a party where everyone knew each other and I knew no one. Had it been a real party, I probably would have run away.

Over the months, I realized Interference was more of a family. Everyone cares for each other (with a healthy dose of making fun of each other) and are here for a good time. No crudity, no massive pick-up joint (it could be going on, I just don't see it), no uncontrolled flame wars (FYM gets heated at times, but is very civilized).

I initially was drawn to the political and religious discussions in FYM and GIS. It wasn't long before I felt cmfortable flowing through all the forums (except PLEBA :eek: ). I still haven't separated the social cultures of one forum from the next (IO and LS appear identical to me).

Today, Interference is part of my daily life, a place I can visit for some entertaining conversation and share experiences in this thing we call life. I really enjoy everyone I meet here. My goal is to add value to the threads and be an encouragement to the wonderful members.

God Bless you all.

martha said:
Which is better on Perry Mason, that old fart Lt. Tragg or Andy, the detective that's more cooperative with Perry?

Andy sounds like a nicer fellow. Actually, I can't recall viewing an episode of Perry Mason. :reject:

Angela Harlem said:
So NBC, this is your first anniversary eh? Tell me your favourite FYM thread and I will print it for you, paper being the gift for the first year. So, whats your topic? Closed is always more interesting in hindsight.

Wow. I didn't realize that there are 40 pages of FYM threads since I started. I will go back and review to find a favorite. Probably NOT a thread that deals with Iraq or GWB.

Angela Harlem said:
Tell me your favourite FYM thread and I will print it for you, paper being the gift for the first year. So, whats your topic? Closed is always more interesting in hindsight.

Alright, I've gone back and reviewed FYM. In picking a favorite, I deceided to limit myself to those threads with approximately 100 or more replys.

Given the number of interesting, engaging and informative threads, here are my top 5 (in no particular order):

Diamond stirs up trouble in:
The Irony of the Hollywood Liberal Left Protesters..(buckle up-explosive topic)

One of the many interesting discussions on faith:
religious conversions

Abortion is another lightening rod for discussion:
Respect For Life

Racial politics, GOP and Clinton all rolled into one:
No More Trent Lott!

An interesting discussion on free speech, and the responsibility of the listener:
Forum for free speech (re:Rockford College Commencement)

The only thing I would add to the list would be (collectively) the many threads created by Dreadsox - he has a knack for finding interesting topics for discussion. :up:

Sorry I just looked at this thread. :reject: Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

Since FYM scares me. I avoid it. You are a brave soul to dig into that realm so quickly. :yes: Maybe I'll go there some more after I've been here longer...but I doubt it.

Question: Do people use number 2 pencils anymore?

Lemon Meringue said:
Question: Do people use number 2 pencils anymore?

Yes. The standardized test will always be with us. Make sure to fill in the oval properly!

I've seen #3 pencils, but never a #1 pencil.

#3 Pencils stink.

Back
Top Bottom