It's Officially - How NOT To Plan A Wedding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fruit sporks! Thats what they need. How can I forget. I was given a set of 6 for my wedding.

PS How come cutlery comes in sets of 6s but crocker is in sets of 4s. :huh:

:ohmy: Someones has STOLEN my fruit sporkes! I went to take a photo of them to share with you all. They are still in the box they came in from our wedding 7 years ago. And they are gone! gone! gone!

Hamish is in BIG TROUBLE when he gets back from paintball.

Wow, leave interference for an hour and look what happens...

Fruit sporks, I'm so jealous but we got a lovely clock made out of petrified wood and it has disappeared as well.

Angela Harlem said:
It seems all the female's voices raise about 3 octaves and suddenly everyone is an expert on either babies and child birth (like any 2 births are ever the same :rolleyes: ) and marriage and cooking tips.
Give me a bucket... or send me down to the pub with the fellas.
:grumpy:
:applaud:

woooo!

all the good ones are already taken :grumpy:

ah well, my liver couldn't take it anyways

I don't really understand the point of showers, except to get gifts. Baby showers are a bit more understandable, I guess, but I'd rather just have a party than some cooing women only event. What's the point of a bridal shower, though? You have a shower, a bachelorette party, a wedding ceremony, AND a reception. How many events do you need? Maybe it's just that I don't have any friends here to invite to any of those things or that I hate being the center of attention, but I just don't get it. :shrug:

I do like registries, though. I just like the idea of having a list, even if it's just for me to buy stuff, so I can remember what I need. I don't know what I'd need, though, since Sam and I will have three tv's between us, and doubles of lots of other things we need. Maybe a set of china so we'd have something with matching pieces, but I'd be happy with a cheap set, really. I would put chocolate and pengies on my registry. :yes:

In my not so expert opinion, showers are more useless for babies unless you are geting presents which are actually going to be useful. All babies need for the first few months really are lots of singlets, bibs and sleep suits. The very things no one gets you if you have a shower.

I am going to stop hogging this thread now and sounding like a know it all.
:reject:

Wedding Lists aren't that popular here, I know one person who got married who had them.

If I ever marry it won't be here and I will just be inviting my family.
No hassles :up:

shari schultz said:
Are you trying to be punny??? Baby shower--- Every conceivable shower :lol:
:laugh: I wasn't, but that connection made me laugh...

Angela Harlem, I know exactly what you mean. I went to a baby shower a month or so ago, and everyone wore pink (except me, I was wearing black :) ). They all 'oohed and ahhhed' over everything. I was just sitting there thinking how I desperately needed a drink. :crack:

Angela Harlem said:
In my not so expert opinion, showers are more useless for babies unless you are geting presents which are actually going to be useful. All babies need for the first few months really are lots of singlets, bibs and sleep suits. The very things no one gets you if you have a shower.

Oh, then I agree with you. I don't really know what people give at baby showers, since I avoid showers of all kinds. :uhoh:

Except the cleaning kind, of course.

hahah good stuff jkayet! black :up:
meggie usually people go nuts and buy for example a girl bbay, everything in pink with lace and frills and crap that the baby will never wear. my relos bought so mujch stuff for natalie which was very cute and all but she was born in the midst of a heat wave and wore nothing but a singlet and nappy for the first 3 months of her life. i packed away all these 0000 and 000 stuff which still had the tags on, a few months ago.
:slant:

Oh Angela, I know what you mean about pink. I have 3 daughters and we have a lot of pink. When my 3rd was born friends asked what I wanted for gifts, I replied: diapers, wipes and home cooked meals.

home cooked meals! my mum did this for me for about 2 weeks when i got home. i almost built a shrine in her honour for her kindness :D

Did you get lots of people saying stuff about not getting a boy by your third? Seems people think we need at least one of each to be happy or something...:slant:

Angie, home cooked meals wow! My Mum just screamed at me for sleeping, said she would hold the baby why I go and clean up this pig syte of a house. Yep, I didnt win in the warm and fluffy Mum department.

Why are there so many single men in Interference eg Salome, Soulful and either Zoney or HOS? (cant remember which).

Now I know why people are into internet dating. Most of the boys here sound so much more interesting then the yobbos in my area.

Back
Top Bottom