It's officially gonna be a Bonsai tree...maybe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
Well I'm trying to grow a Bansai tree! I don't have a green thumb at all :der:

I bought one of these little box kits at the bookstore (just came with a mini book, mini-scissors, the potting material, and the seeds)...

I don't know if it will work or not, but it looked kinda fun...and it was only $5!

So far I've soaked the seeds for 24 hours...now I'm on step 2 which is to let the seeds "stratify" (whatever that means) for 7 days in the refrigerator...

...further updates to come...

I tried to grow a plant before

it started of all good and healthy than as the soil dired up it died and I had to throw it out

Basstrap said:
I tried to grow a plant before

it started of all good and healthy than as the soil dired up it died and I had to throw it out

your supposed to water the plant

update

I have now completed steps 1-6.

After letting the seeds stratify in the refrigerator for 7 days, I poured water over the peat pellet. Placed the seeds in it, and put it in a tray of about 1/4" of water. Set it in a north or west window and wait for the seeds to sprout.

*waits*

I just know this isn't going to work...I can't grow anything :|

I'll probably forget to water it or something :huh:

:der:

Aww ABEL! Don't keep telling yourself that it isn't going to work. I'm sure you'll do just fine. We'll remind you everyday to water your tree heh heh. I once tried growing my own bamboo plant. I guess you're s'posed to also soak the bamboo stalk for like a week or something... but nothing ever sprouted :der: Maybe I should start of with a ch-ch-chia plant.

My Japanese grandma now has this cute lil tea house that grandpa built for her. I should get her a Bonsai tree to go with it! Thanks for the idea heh heh.

OMC!!! I noticed today that something is sprouting! :shocked:

I hope I didn't kill it though....I hadn't watered in a couple days and noticed today that the soil was all dry :shrug:

Bonochick said:

Hooray for puberty!!!!!

:lol: :laugh:

This year I grew like 10 giant sunflowers they were about 8/9 ft :yes: I have cacti too they r all prickly!

Re: spiderplants are easy to care for

daisybean said:
I :heart: cacti...I had a bunch of them, but I think I overwatered them, because they rotted :(

I forgot that they don't need very much water :reject:

I know i havent watered mine in like 6 months and they r grrowing loads- they r 3 years old and one is growing on one side and its like this big giant finger- it wud b funny if i could show u a pic of it

actually, that reminds me...I do have a pic that I was planning on posting but never got around to it cuz of Christmas...

The first pic was taken on December 24th, the 2nd pic was taken today.

Attachments

• bonsai1.jpg
    bonsai1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 44
hey, what I should do is take a pic every day...then I can put it all together as an animated gif and have it like one of those time laps photos! :happy: :ohmy:

ABEL said:
hey, what I should do is take a pic every day...then I can put it all together as an animated gif and have it like one of those time laps photos! :happy: :ohmy:

Good Idea

:yes:

Back
Top Bottom