It's Officially fucking orange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Yeah, so I've had the same hairdresser for over a year. Normally she's really quite good. The last haircolour I had was gorgeous (blondish steaks, sort of a coppery-brown colour underneath. It garnered a lot of compliments). So when she asked if I wanted the same colour, of course my answer was a resounding :yes:

Now, I've got these horrible Ronald McDonald orange streaks up front...fire engine red, burnt sienna orange. Whatever you call it, it IS NOT the gorgeous coppery colour I had anticipated. :angry: I thought it looked a bit funny in the salon so I mentioned it. She said, "Nah, it'll look different at home. Plus, after you wash it once it'll change." Naturally, upon arrival home even my mother asked "What happened?" I'm about to wash it. I don't have high hopes. I'm probably going back to the salon tomorrow morning (change that. I'm GOING back tomorrow morning if they'll give me an appointment). She better be able to fix this. And I better not have to pay for it. Why do I dye my hair anyway??

Call me carrot top. :|

I feel incredibly gross. Someone cheer me up, please?

Last edited:
I don't have a digicam. Or a scanner. So alas, no pictures. Better that way. The evidence will 'dye' with the visit to the salon tomorrow...

ok, as a "natural blonde" i can feel your pain. whatever you do, DO NOT pay for anything. they should offer to fix it for free if you are not satisfied. raise hell. spare nothing. this is your hair we are talking about.

get your ass back to that salon and speak with someone, pronto. you deserve to be beautiful. :hug:

omg there is nothing worse than hair color screw ups. i had a stylist put platinum blonde streaks in my hair once. of course it probably had something to do with the fact that she was coked out of her mind. i looked like a skunk. :crack:

i :heart: the colorist and stylist i have now.

:hug:

:yes: Even though it may be orange, I'm sure you look way better than Carrot Top :sexywink:

carrot.jpg

and they should fix it without charging you, like bg84 said :yes:

don't know who carrot top is. is he a singer or something?

when I saw "f**king orange" I had a bit of a Freudian slip. um, yeah, anyway, you ought to get them fix it for you for free. it's their fault and if they've got any integrity at all they'll change it without charge, and add in a sincere apology.

yertle-the-turtle said:
don't know who carrot top is. is he a singer or something?

He's a comedian...supposedly...he's not very funny. If anything, he's annoying. So if that's the criteria, I guess I'm a comedian too.

Or is that comedienne? :hmm:

Do I really care?

No.

Okay then!

Ahhhhhh...I :heart: every single one of you! Seriously, you're all so incredibly sweet and supportive (how on earth can a group of people that I've never met make me feel so good?) You've made me feel so much better (and much much less like carrot top!)

:hug: x 1,000,000 (American, so it's worth more)

I'm joost waiting for the hairdresser to call me back...randooom.....BC, you are HILARIOUS!!!

It's TOOOOMORROW!
YEAH!

They fixed it! Actually, SHE fixed it. The hairdresser. I called her, told her what was up and she was like "It'll wash out, don't worry." Wasn't good enough. So I called back and just made an appointment. Walked in, she looked at it and was like, 'Yeah. it is a bit orange. I see why you're here. Don't worry bella. We'll make you beautiful." :)

Anyway, she ended up adding some sort of toner-thing that took away ALL the orange (and redness). So I am left with beautiful brownish hair....exactly what I wanted. And - free of charge too!

Back
Top Bottom