It's officially an I.O.U.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
SO my mother had this 'wonderful' idea to have a swear jar for lent ("If you won't do it for Lent, do it for your porr mother" she said) and everytime my family swears, or even uses the slightest bit of foul language i.e. stupid, shut-up, shit, damn, crap, etc....it's $$$.

Really bad words = $1-$2 a piece
Shit, damn, crap - 0.50 a piece (except for my little sister who only has to pay 0.25 because she has no sense of income).

We've had the jar one day.

I already owe $5.

It's going to be an expensive 40 days....

I don't swear :shifty:

at least not that often, and usually when I do, if I do, I just say it to myself :shrug:

yeah. I've got to learn to swear in the confines of my room, or at least, when no one can hear me. In the car, maybe.

I use 'stupid, shit' etc all the time, as filler words. I swear, they have no meaning to me.

The only thing that's even better is that my dad owes something like $12.50. We figure we'll have enough to go out to dinner by the end of the 40 days.

Lent sucks.

Damn.

It's not a 'swear' word really. More of just not a good thing to be saying.

Besides, I have a 13 year old sister. She needs to be caught for SOMETHING..she doesn't say the other stuff yet, so this is pretty much all she's got...

I hate this already.

I'm almost 29 and if I swore in front of my mother she'd start to cry. My sister on the other hand, every other word out of her mouth is a swear word. She's the baby of the family. the baby gets away with everything. even when the baby is 25..........

Fuck, I'd really be poor if we had that shit goin' on here!!!!!

Do "wanker" and "piss" count???

This is fucking terrible. If anything, I'll be caused to swear MORE (in my room, in the car, at school, etc).

Yes, piss and wanker count. EVERYTHING seems to count.

My mom wants me to put money in the jar if I swear in my room Here was my response. *drops $0.50 into the jar* "Hell no."

I never REALLy really swear in front of my parents anyway. I'll say "Friggen" to get around it (note: friggen now counts too). But my brother is going to Europe for a week (shit, damn, crap) so the main source of my swearing will be removed.... :l

Back
Top Bottom