It's Officially a Rant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleasai

Rock n' Roll Doggie
:censored:

To my true friends that I care about and MODs alike, I am very sorry you had to see me like this. I've tried my best to bite my tongue... but I can't. To be perfectly honest, I feel like I am turning into someone else who used to post in here but went haywire. :sigh: :help:

Last edited:
Cleasai, what on earth is wrong with a few people having fun and joking? Did anyone force anyone to read?

Don't even say it's offensive, cause it's not. It's simply not.

Okay I self censored myself. It's not worth it. It'll only start a fight and that is not what I want. Kieran, I'm all about being silly. I can personally garuntee that my post count is not filled with witty, insightful, intelligent banter. The point I was trying to make is that there are a certain few people here who seem to make posts only to piss people off. I apologise for my blowing off steam.

obviously when a whole bunch of threads get closed, the authors and those involved will be slightly pissed about it, considering there was no reason for it whatsoever. because it doesnt say its official? your kidding me right? thats reason enough to close it?

anything goes here, as long as its not offensive, and we havent been in the slightest.

Well Cleasai, no need to apologise for your true opinion. Anyone is entitled to their opinion. It was of course your original post, not the edited one, that my replies were to.

Having said all that, maybe 'some people' do push all the wrong buttons for you. I know that by that you mean Bear. And I'm sorry, but Bear is a friend as far as I'm concerned. I will defend him if I feel he's being squeezed out yet again. Reason being that I think most if not all of what he posts is meant to be taken in the spirit of humour. It's not always funny, and to some maybe it's never funny.

But I'll tell you something, I don't find someone like, say, Salome, either witty or funny. Ever. But I don't ask for his threads to be shut down. I just accept it as part of the landscape.

I agree that this forum has gone downhill in the past few months but it is not because of a few "unofficial" threads. This whole thing is so ridiculous. I'm sure that 99% of the people that post in it's official and follow it's rules are not even aware of why or how those rules were put into place.

Here's a little bit of history for those of you not 'in the know':
This forum is called It's Official because it used to be the forum for posting official announcements about U2. The thing is, nobody ever used it much. It was a bit of a ghost town. So a group of friends started posting hidden threads in here. On the outside everything would look very official and proper but on the inside everyone was posting a bunch of banter and nonsense, more or less. It was quite a long time before anyone in charge noticed what was going on. I seem to recall that all the threads were locked at one point and everyone was asked to only post about official U2 announcements. Eventually those in charge realized that this was a silly idea and allowed people to continue to post in it's official provided that they followed the official numbering system. Things continued this way for some time until most people realized that this rigid numbering system was more of a hassle than it was worth and essentially meaningless. The numbering system was dropped but people still clung to the old "it's official" rule.

So you see, what started out as a renegade forum is now being held by rigid, meaningless rules and the original cause for those rules doesn't even exist anymore. I honestly don't know why it still has such meaning for so many people here and I don't understand how people can get so offended and upset when people say things that are not official. Perhaps it's about creating order within chaos. Perhaps it is a control issue for some. All I know is that alot of people here have lost their sense of humour.

The fact is that bear was banned from lemonade stand and for no good reason if you ask me and now he is being pushed out of here as well. This place is becoming inhospitable lately and I don't like it and I don't agree with it.

Just let me say one more thing, and then I'll park it. I do not know of this situation of which bear is involved with. My original rant wasn't even refering to him.

Calluna said:
It was a bit of a ghost town. So a group of friends started posting hidden threads in here. On the outside everything would look very official and proper but on the inside everyone was posting a bunch of banter and nonsense, more or less.
umm, I think my first post here was stating that this forum should be deleted since it served no purpose
no one ever tried to make things look proper on the outside

So you see, what started out as a renegade forum is now being held by rigid, meaningless rules and the original cause for those rules doesn't even exist anymore.
rigid rules?
give me a break

I close a few threads in here for the first time in I don't know how long

I do think I get what you're trying to say
but I can't say I agree with the sentiments behind it

[q]
So you see, what started out as a renegade forum is now being held by rigid, meaningless rules and the original cause for those rules doesn't even exist anymore. I honestly don't know why it still has such meaning for so many people here and I don't understand how people can get so offended and upset when people say things that are not official. Perhaps it's about creating order within chaos. Perhaps it is a control issue for some. All I know is that alot of people here have lost their sense of humour. [/q]

exactly! :up:

[q]
The fact is that bear was banned from lemonade stand and for no good reason if you ask me and now he is being pushed out of here as well. This place is becoming inhospitable lately and I don't like it and I don't agree with it. [/q]

i don't like it either.

Last edited:
I was going to bite my tongue too. But fuck it. I'm sorry bear is my friend, but regarding lemonade stand and his banning, threads joking about rape, molestation and incest are not funny to a lot of people that have experienced those types of things in real life. He knew exactly what he was doing. And he has been pushing the limits for over 3 years now. Any other member would not have gotten away with half the stuff he does.

And, even newbies that post here start their threads with Its Official.. its just kind of the thing here.. its always been that way. I've been annoyed with this forum too for the last couple of days .. so I just decided to ignore it.. and I will :) I can go post somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom