It's Officially a FIRE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stammer476

Refugee
Holy crap! :ohmy:

The building across the street from my work is on fire! It's not a large building, and I don't think anyone was in it at the time. My co-workers and I have just spent the last hour glued to our main front windows to watch the action. This is the most exciting work day in years!

**waits for the news truck**

My aquarium almost caught on fire yesterday morning.

When I got up, I could smell the electrical smell of something burning. When I went to turn on the light to the tank, wisps of smoke were coming out from the light fixture! :eek:

Glad I was home when it happened.

Now my fish are swimming in the dark. :ohmy:

When I was a kid, any kind of fire turned me into a hysterical lunatic...I was scared shitless. I think if I would have seen a burning building from across the street, I would have needed sedation.

Doozer...you slumlord :eyebrow: :laugh:

When we were younger and out for the Sunday jaunt with the rents if my Dad whiffed a fire, he was off in search of it to see what the pandemonium was about. He was always really good at locating the place too. :crack:

It looks like it's over now. The building is pretty charred up and it's still smoking quite a bit. And most importantly, no one was hurt.

It was pretty cool to watch, though. :hyper: I got to see the firemen kick down the doors and spray the place down and everything. And there's a mix of about 25 police, fire, and ambulance vehicles blocking all of the streets and filling up our parking lot. Good thing I didn't have to go anywhere today.

Hmmm. Are they going to be done by 5:00?

there was a fire in my apartment the other night. i was cooking some rice and i saw an orange glow under my pot. normally it's no biggie as i've got an electric stove, but it was glowing too much. i took off the pot and saw there was a flame. i just blew it out and turned off the burner and put the pot on another burner.

i'm surprised i handled it as well as i did. i knew it was okay to blow on it cuz it must've been some food that fell down there. had it been a bigger deal, i know where my fire extinguisher is.

Back
Top Bottom