ITS OFFICIAL # Zoey met the neighbors cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
I'm *thinking* about getting Zoey a buddy... havent made any concrete decisions yet BUT.. I decided to have her meet my neighbor's kittens to see how she'd react :hmm:

I put Binky down and let Zoey sniff him. I think they touched noses!! She didnt hiss until a bit later :eek:

zoeybinky.jpg

Then Tom.. he's bold.. but neither of them seem phased by her at all. Maybe because they are only like 4 or 5 months old.

zoeytom.jpg

She's like HEY THATS MY BOX!! :lol:

zoeytom3.jpg

zoeytom2.jpg

Then she got a little pissy

zoeytom4.jpg

Some soft hissing and growling.

So ya.. when you introduce a new cat to your existing cat there's a whole process you go through, keeping them separated, swapping their scents.. so they get used to each other but not actually meet for like a week or so. It just might work out. I mean I just threw these cats in her face and granted she wasnt happy, but she didnt attack them.

:heart: kitties :heart:

You need to think about whether you want to get her a male or a female buddy. I tend to think that males and females go best together because they are not in competition with one another. I have two females (sisters actually) and they hate each others guts. They can't even pass by each other in the threshold of the doorway without major hissing. On the other hand, my friend has two sisters who are very good friends and don't hate each other at all so I guess it isn't always that way.

Woah are you serious? I mean about your cats hating each other. And they're sisters? That's insane. You never told me that :( I thought that usually eventually they will at least tolerate each other.

Yes I have been told I should get a male. Also that most males tend to be more affectionate and less snobby :lol:

Both of these kittens were males. I'm really thinking about this hard and doing a lot of research because I dont want Zoey to be pissed off and end up hating me. I get the feeling though by this meeting with the kittens that she could tolerate another cat and possibly end up liking it. Since I'm gone all day long she would have something to do. I mean I just threw them at her.. if you do it the right way it usually ends up ok.

And now I'm rambling..lol.

we had two male cats, they got along quite well. our one cat was two years old when we got our second cat (they were technically half brothers). whiskers (first cat) seemed a bit pissed off with max (second cat) at first, but he never hissed or growled or attacked him. maybe he didn't mind at all then. they used to groom each other and when whiskers died max seemed depressed for about a week or so.

we were going to get another cat, but it really hated max (he would go over to him and start hissing and max would run away and he'd follow him, evil cat). i feel kind of bad for max, now tat i'm back at school he's got no one to play with (my mom's too busy, my sister hates the cat because the cat hates her, and my brother's lazier than fat max)

I had a friend who had two female cats. They didn't hate each other or anything but they were definitely competitive. One was "top cat" and the other one was pretty submissive, so it worked.

Sicy said:
Woah are you serious? I mean about your cats hating each other. And they're sisters? That's insane. You never told me that :( I thought that usually eventually they will at least tolerate each other.

Yeah, I'm serious. I mean, they don't actually hurt each other but there is alot of hissing if they are forced to confront each other. Sometimes Mishka will chase Xena out of the yard. They used to be friends when they were kittens but when they grew up they saw each other as competition. They're like, "Screw you, bitch! I should be the only female cat in the house!" They are outdoor cats so they don't have to be around each other as much. Mishka has the backyard and Xena has the ravine behind the yard. At home, Mishka has claimed the living room for sleeping and Xena has claimed the office so they do their best to avoid each other.

Like I said before, not all female cats are that way. It's just something to think about.

they still fight, but it's not that so much as the fact that lulu is crazy.

this morning i found her on the top shelf of my closet. :crack:

Our cats used to get along just fine...but as my sweet little Whiskers started growing older (I've had her since I was 8 years old), she just couldn't deal with the playful fighting and intimidation from the younger cats. Everytime she went to use the litterbox, one of them would pounce her, and she got too scared and started having accidents. :( Since she spent the vast majority of her time in my room anyway though, we now just keep her shut in my room all the time with her own food, water, litterbox...and a side of my queen size bed to herself. She is such a princess. :cute:

Every so often, I pick her up and bring her out of my room...I feel bad sometimes for keeping her in there...but she always gets scared and just WANTS to go back to my room. It's like her retirement home...we call my room Del Boca Vista. :D

I feel sorry for her...but I think that she is happy just being in my room now. It's her peaceful sanctuary. :cute:

Plus...she's ALWAYS there when I need a snuggle...and we have a few sleeping positions that we rotate between. :heart:

aww those pics were so cute :cute:

but be careful about getting another cat as some females get funny about other cats... :eek: my cat never liked out neighbours cats coming into our garden ( she was female )

my aunt has 2 cats, both females and both strays she took in. (she has a thing about stray cats they all go to her :coocoo: shes had looooads of strays over the past 20 years :p

anyway... rosie wont come down the stairs unless tigsy is out :| if they see each other theres major hissing etc ... :no: not good, they have been living at my aunts for AGES now and they have been like this since day 1, i think rosie was there first... not completely sure...

Last edited:
I was just reading an article about cats the other day - about kitties dealing with stress - how you should keep the TV or the radio on if the kitty's alone, or have a little hole in the door so they can go in and out and not get bored or stressed out. (of course, having several cats was also mentioned.)
though, close to my Grandma's house there's this woman who apparently has like 30 or so cats. :crazy: I don't even know how she manages to get all the food for them, or the grooming...and I don't know what happens when they mate. And almost daily a cat from that place will pass our house and we have to chase them away. They get real bold too, if you say "shoo!" or "go away!" it will just look at you, make a few steps away, turn around and look at you again.

So you mean like "cat buddy" or "cat boyfriend" kind of cat?

Holy 30 cats :ohmy: I hope they are all spayed and neutered otherwise they will just keep reproducing :( There is already a mass overpopulation of cats in the world.

I want a cuddly cat.. one that will cuddle. Zoey is snob :lol: And I also think she may want someone else to play with while I'm at work all day. So I'm testing the waters with my neighbors cats to see how she reacts before I make any decisions. I dont want to do it if I think she will really hate it.

Sicy said:

I want a cuddly cat.. one that will cuddle.

That's the best. Chloe is the sweetest snuggler...she will snuggle with anybody. Whiskers will always snuggle with me (I don't know what I'm gonna do when something happens to her someday, I swear...), and Amy snuggles with Dad...but she can get a snobby attitude sometimes. She's an angel and a devil. :heart:

Back
Top Bottom