It's official...we're barricaded in our house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Like O2

She wore graaaapes
A police officer was shot late this afternoon one block over from our house. :sad: We drove by (on our way home from school) moments after it happened, before all the officers and SWAT team members showed up. The kids were scared but have calmed now.

SWAT team guys have the house surrounded. :huh: The officer was trying to serve a warrant and someone in the house started shooting. Several blocks (including ours) are blocked off with police tape, so we can't leave. We live in a very middle class "safe" neighborhood. :|

Thanks for the :hug:'s! I'm on the far west side of the city.

All the police/SWAT guys are all still out there. News stories said his wife and 3 youngs daughters haven't been seen in days. :(

My kiddos are finally asleep. I just tried to move my car and they still won't let me drive it into my cul-de-sac. This is surreal! :huh:

The police officer is in surgery, expected to be ok.

The man who shot him, his 3 daughters and the mother of the girls are all dead. The mom and kids have been dead for days, the man killed himself tonight. :sad: :sad: :sad:

OMG, I have no idea what I'm going to tell my kids in the morning.

Please say a pray for all involved, especially the recovery of the officer.

:hug: that's so sad and scary to be so close...

I was just watching the state news this morning on TXCN and heard about it :sad:

did you kids know any of the other kids? :(

ABEL said:
:hug: that's so sad and scary to be so close...

I was just watching the state news this morning on TXCN and heard about it :sad:

did you kids know any of the other kids? :(

No, we didn't know the little girls. My kids go to a different school and the girls didn't come outside to play often.

They still have a small portion of the block behind police tape. The bodies weren't removed until this morning. There is now a 6th victim, the man's girlfriend was in there too. :|

Jesus.. I cant believe this. I feel like I'm watching a movie or something. I would be freaking out if it were me :(

The police tape has been removed. All the windows in the house were broken when the SWAT team used remote cameras to determine if the victims were alive last night. The family of the gunman arrived to clean and board up the windows.

And then, here come more sirens and police and firetrucks and an ambulance. :huh: It seems the parents of the man have collapsed. Both were taken away in an ambulance. All the news trucks came back, the police have blocked the street again.

This is like living in some horrible movie. And of course, my children don't understand why a "daddy" would do this. :(

Wow, I just read your account of what happened. That is just terrible! I'm glad you and your family are safe. I'm sure it has been tramatic for everyone who lives nearby.

Like Zoney mentioned, there are disturbed people in every type of neighborhood.

It is good to hear that, at least, the officer is going to be okay.

Take care.
:hug:

Back
Top Bottom