it's official # waiting for the storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
Hurricane Ivan is supposed to hit land late tonight or early tomorrow. It's moving north about 10 miles an hour. We're just waiting here in our shelters for the winds and and rain to hit. We're supposed to get at least six inches of rain. It's still a Category 4 storm. It's just really nerve-wracking waiting for the damn thing. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

The storm has hit the area. The actual center of the storm is about 150 miles south of here. It's pelting rain and the wind is ferocious. They've shut down the schools and the libraries here, which means I won't be working today. Places as far north as North Carolina have been hit with winds. I just saw on one of my mailing lists that a branch of my medieval re-enactment society in North Carolina has cancelled an event due to the site of the event being flooded. An event scheduled for the New Orleans area has been postponed. We'll make it through this mess. It's not fun. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I have never seen a storm like this. Never. We are hard boiling eggs in case of an outage. The local hospitals have implemented their severe weather policy and sent essential personel home. I cannot imagine driving in this weather. There's zero visibility. This is a Nerve-Wracker from Hell. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

:crack: a big cell hit right at rush hour. there is a lot of flooding here and down trees and power is out in a lot of places.

:down: I am tired of this shit.

Just saw this thread and thought I would comment. Mark my words, NEVER! NEVER! NEVER! will I say within a 100 mile radius of a cat 3/4 hurricane again. My nerves, heart, brain and ears won't be able to stand the stress. :yikes: Mobile is just 40/50 miles NW from where the eye came ashore in Gulf Shores, Al. Had it not bobbed to the east just before landfall, it would had been a direct hit. It still wasn't as bad as Federick in 79, but like I said, I'll be getting the hell out of dodge next time. I went to stay with my parents because they wouldn't go to B'ham to my sisters. Next time I will drug them, if I have too - and take them outta here. We could have all been killed. My son just got power back this past weekend. Still we are grateful and sad for all those hit in Gulf Shores and Pensacola, Fl. and further north. Man, it was a really bad fear ridden night. Thanks for listening. :wave:

Good grief, Sue, you guys got pelted. Birmingham got more rain than any other city in Alabama, over eight inches. But the damage in the southern part of the state was definitely worse. Our houses were intact. A tree fell in a neighboring yard and smashed someone's car. We lost our telephone connection for nine days. That was hellish. Hurricanes=:mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Back
Top Bottom