it's official #vegetables

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

share your very own vegetable opinion

• a necessary evil

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • tasty!

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters
i love veggies!!! my favourite is the potato, but that's such a blah veggie, everyone loves potatoes. for the healthy kind of veggie, i looooooooooove broccoli!!! it tastes delish. i get it everywhere i can: in stir fry, and even tempura style, which i don't eat too often as it defeats the purpose.

anyway, i also like green beans, carrots (mmm they taste yummy when you saute them in a smidgen of butter and drizzle some honey on them), and corn. YUM!

Sicy said:

I like to smoke a few and then watch willy wonka .............. :drool:

I did that once and it scared the shit out of me. But then again, I watched an Elvis movie baked once, and I thought it was so bizarre. But the whole time I was watching it, I kept telling myself--no, Elvis movies are corny, there is no way it can be strange...but it weirded me out anyway :crack:

P.S. All veggies = :drool:

I love vegetables and voted tasty. My favourites include broccoli, red, yellow and orange peppers, cucumbers and carrots. Lately I've been trying to buy more organic vegies but they can be very expensive.

fah said:
Lately I've been trying to buy more organic vegies but they can be very expensive.

Organic veggies. :up:

Your lucky you can get them where you live. The only place I know of to buy them here is a really long way away ie Fremantle (town south of Perth and I live in the far north of Perth)

Grandpa Joe is on some album cover for Our Lady Peace isn't he?

I love vegetables, parsnips and carrots together :drool:, vegetable soup :drool:, leeks and scallions mmm scallions and potato...champ :combust:

I would have to like them we have had our 5 fruit and veg a day brought up to about 8. :crack:

Screaming Flower said:

i'm watching willy wonka. they don't eat a lot of veggies in that movie. but the guy who wrote it obviously smoked a few.

:yes:

My philosphy on veggies:

Chocolate = Vegatable because it comes from beans.

Coffee = Vegatable because it comes from beans.

Aralitia said:

I would have to like them we have had our 5 fruit and veg a day brought up to about 8. :crack:

Yeh, they did that to us too. Thinks its 5 veg and
3 fruit now. And calcium. And fibre. And iron. And....

And everything except chockies.:(

I usually try to get all my fruit in before midday I usually have grapes at breakfast with orange juice so thats 2 and by lunch time I usually have had a banana and some strawberries or a peach :up: Except on days I wake up about 2pm all that goes out the window and I just eat dinner.

I know. Why is it 3 fruit and 5 veges. It should be the other way around. Monkeys eat fruit, so should we. I have never seen a monkey dig up a parsnip and cook it. Have you?

beli said:

Organic veggies. :up:

Your lucky you can get them where you live. The only place I know of to buy them here is a really long way away ie Fremantle (town south of Perth and I live in the far north of Perth)

My goal this spring and summer is to make my garden pesticide free and grow my own fruits and vegetables. I hate to sound completely ignorant about oz but couldn't you grow your own stuff all year round or is it just too hot (she says shivering after walking in freezing rain with her 3 soggy kids)

We do grow year round. Just different things at different times of the year. Mangos, papaya, bananas etc like the heat (I think). Berries like the cold.

I could grow vegies if I was more organised. I used to, but not in this house. The backyard is all pool, bbq area and a huge stupid bird cage that we have never used but my hubby wont let me pull it apart. I used to order heritage organic seeds and grow the best capsicums and tomatoes with actual flavour. Good stuff. We have had water restrictions for decades, only allowed to water 2 days a week. They keep threatening a total sprinker ban. One day I will build my dream house that recycles water from the shower and the washer and have a vegie patch again. :drool:

I can honestly say that I don't think a food forum would be a worse idea than a singles forum :up:

Back
Top Bottom