it's official: things that make you happy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
in response to daisybean's thread, i thought we should have a happy thread too.

this thread is where you post happy things. it can be the little things in life that make you happy, good news you've gotten, anything.

**WARNING: LONG POST ABOUT MY NEW PHONE AHEAD**

i'll go first: i thought i'd have to pay a huge fee to cancel my old one, and it turns out my contract expired this week, so as long as i cancel by friday, i won't have to pay any fees! that and the fact i will be getting huge rebates on it, i'm so happy.

i love the switch from cingular to t-mobile. since i've never really had to call customer service for either company, i only really have experienced the people working at the local stores. i'll take each at a time:

both stores are like a mile from my house. they're about the same distance apart, it's just one you turn left on the main road, the other you turn right.

ANYWAY...the local cingular store. asshole supreme is the best way to describe them. they're condescending and rude. it's like they assume you are the lowest common denominator (remember this is in-person visits to the store itself, not tech support or anything where they can't see you and have to assume you're lying about when you say you're doing something). they've try to lie to me in the past with things. they were nice enough to offer to change our billing date and failing to tell us that it would extend our contract. they essentially told me my cell phone insurance was pointless.

my original phone kept shutting itself off even when it was fully charged. after driving out to the redneck ghetto (with white trash people driving pintos instead of bling-blings driving pimp-mobiles) twice to get the battery tightened, it appeared the phone was just fucked. methinks it has to do with the fact that it's a nokia. they seem to work all right for a while, and then wimp out after a couple years. i had to get the phone replaced. it was unreliable, and i have the phone mainly for security reasons. walking around a dark campus at six in the morning scared me, since the security phones are few and far between (walking across the entire campus i'd see two).

so, i had cell phone insurance. since the phone wasn't broken really (since i'm sure a little tweaking by nokia or cingular would render it normal again), i was assuming i could get a replacement for free. i wasn't expecting to get the ultra deluxe phone 3000, i was looking at the model similar to mine, but newer, cuz mine wasn't offered anymore, at least not through them. to buy it new was even the same price as mine was when i got it! it was like $20 with contract, the same as mine.

well, they tell me not so. apparantely my cell phone insurance was worthless, i had to pay $35 to replace it - more than the phone itself! so i begrudginly did it.

also, when my husband was added on, they said the activation fee would be waived, and all that crap. essentially, he'd just be charged for the phone and plan. nuh uh! luckily, we had it in writing so we could get the charges taken off. assholes.

anyway, onto t-mobile. the girl at the store was so nice to me. i went in to change my plan. i'd bought the phone and plan through amazon.com to get the phone almost free (t-mobile was offering a $50 rebate, amazon.com was offering an additional $200 rebate, so after i got the checks the phone would cost me only $50). however, they didn't offer a lot of the plans available, so i had to sign up for one that was expensive and had way more minutes than i'd ever need. even with the three of us (me, my mom, and my husband) sharing minutes we didn't even use this many (1000)!!

turns out all i had to do was call customer service. she was super nice and even called them for me! i had a password and i didn't know that, and she was nice enough to tell me without raking me over the coals first for being a moron and not knowing (it wasn't listed in any e-mails i got, the phone package, nothing). i get internet access for free the first month, lots of cool freebies. apprantely i can cancel after that too, it's not like i have to keep the access to get the first month free. so i think i may do that. if i need movie times i have the hotline number, i don't think i need to check my horoscope when i'm not at home.

so i'm all happy about that. my phone's also a pretty silver colour, so i like that. it matches everything else i own. my computer, television, gamecube, even my home stereo are all silver! (all coincidental, the only one i purposely bought because of colour was the gamecube, because the black and indigo were ugly.)

i'll post more of the little things latah, so i don't have some huge mega-post.

T Mobile was really nice...I had them last year...but I switched to verizon because most of the family is with them and I can talk to them for free.

When I went to cancel my T Mobile the woman was really sweet and gave me no hassle, I even felt a tad guilty about canceling my service because she was so nice.

Cingular are a bunch of assholes :mad: :rant:

I :heart: my cell phone.

I :heart: Heidi

I :heart: my car

daisybean said:
Cingular are a bunch of assholes :mad: :rant:
:yes:

i had it narrowed down to t-mobile and verizon. i went with t-mobile because of the rebate with that phone. it's the first cool high-tech cell phone i've had. i'm all by myself here anyway since they're both still with cingular, so it didn't make a difference which one i went with. however, since my mom's contract is also up for renewal, i'm trying to persuade her to come over here too. she keeps whining about them and their service, plus her phone is crapping out on her too.

the fact that i get a $25 referral bonus has nothing to do with it. but heck, it'd be nice cuz it applies to your bill so it'd be next to nothing for me! :shifty:

EDIT: just noticed i made a coding boo-boo.

Last edited:
We just had a thread like this so I'll copy and paste

That first sip of coffee in the morning :drool:

A hot shower

Dancing with my baby :heart:

Watching some of my favorite shows

Sleeping in.. especially when my baby is cuddling next to me

Putting on makeup :cute:

Having my brother call me on the phone.. because I know he's thinking about me and I actually get to talk to him because he's alive.

Summer

Coming home after work to my own place

Interference

Listening to U2

Talking to all my wonderful online friends :wave:

Having baby brush my hair

Cudding with kitties

:heart:

now that i got my phone babbling out of the way, i can move onto other things:

my husband coming home (either for lunch or in the evening)
when i make some huge meal and everyone loves it
when you're driving somewhere and you get all green lights
getting the chocolate milk just so
watching the nanny at nights
when my soap has a good day (where the script is interesting and not the usual boredomness)
summer, especially summer vacations
getting to stay in a hotel with no parents
...and getting room service! :yes:
having someone brush my hair (and it's not all knotted up!)
when someone agrees with a post i made.

a nice sunny morning when I wake up and realize it's a holiday!!!!!!!!!

:cute: This is fun! Let's see....

Hearing U2 or Coldplay on the radio.
Emails from my frenchie :heart:
Emails from anyone really. :)
Interference.
My favourite TV shows (incl. my soap).
Clean sheets fresh from the dryer.
Relaxing at home after a long day.
Sleeping In.
Hugs from my mom (or any family member).
Laughing with my friends.
Girls nights (which is any night in my life these days).
Checking in at an airport.
The smell of the air after a night of rain.
The smell of the cherry blossoms outside my aprt.
The smell of freshly fallen snow.

.... I could literally go on and on and on............

things that make me happy:

daisy laughing at my jokes, thinking im the funniest person in the world

my friends here

sleeping in on the weekends

pepsi:drool:

snowdays

listening to good music

being introduced to music i'd otherwise never heard

talking about music

playing my guitar

playing the piano

talking to people who have interesting things to say

reading

being the dork that i am

portabella mushroom sandwiches

fish and chips

playing ultimate frisbee in the rain and then coming home and taking a hot shower

exercise in general

acing a math test

when my computer actually does what i tell it to do (right after i typed the space after the word "when" it went nuts and started typing spaces across the reply screen :ohmy: i think it knew what i was going to say)

talking to people on interference

Back
Top Bottom