It's official the needle and the damage done

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparkysgrrrl

War Child
To balance out my OCD need to keep my hands busy, and since I no long smoke to keep them busy...
I've taken up sewing.
But I really need a sewing device...
I've got straight pins strewn all over the carpet and I keep stepping on them...I have to stop stitching and try on whatever it is I'm making every 15 mins to make sure I'm not screwing it up and my eyes hurt from trying to thread the needles.

There's a lot to be said for having a sewing machine near by.

My grandma totally messed up her vacuum cleaner because she used to just vacuum up all of the straight pins she'd drop.

Knittings easier, I made a purple scarf and now I am making a stripey baby blue and pink scarf, I only make scarves :laugh:

I remember knitting a green scarf in grade school....I loved that scarf...I can't remember how to knit now...I'll have to learn how to do it again sometime.....maybe I could make me a U2 scarf :sexywink:

Bonochick said:
My grandma totally messed up her vacuum cleaner because she used to just vacuum up all of the straight pins she'd drop.
:ohmy:
Uh-oh...I better find a magnet and get them before I vaccum tommorrow.

I'm thinking I should get some knitting needles and do that instead. There's a lot of pressure in sewing an actual garment that I'm going to wear.

:huh:

So is my brother. He removes his own stitches.
headache.gif

I thought this was gonna be a Neil Young thread

I used to knit scarves for my stuffed animals. :p

Re: I thought this was gonna be a Neil Young thread

Lemon Meringue said:
I used to knit scarves for my stuffed animals. :p

My mums friends knitted us a snowman for underneath our christmas tree and they told her hes a republican snowman because he has a scarf thats green, white and gold :ohmy:

Have you ever knitted jumpers for penguins?

Re: Re: I thought this was gonna be a Neil Young thread

Lara Mullen said:

Have you ever knitted jumpers for penguins?

:lol: Scarves are as fancy as I can get. :laugh:

Last edited:
Sparkysgrrrl said:
I took one of my old Bob Dylan shirts, and turned it into a pillow for the sofa :lol:
That is SO FUN! I totally want to do that now...if i had an old bob dylan shirt, of course. what a good idea...

Re: Re: Re: I thought this was gonna be a Neil Young thread

Lemon Meringue said:

:lol: Scarves are as fancy as I can get. :laugh:

same here lol :wave: :lol:

when I was four i was making dresses for my dolls and i was cutting material but I was cutting it on my mums bed and when she went to bed that night there were loads of holes on her duvet cover in the shape of dolls dresses :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom