It's Official #The best town in the world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
Let me tell you about my favorite place. It is called Jennville. Everyone there always dresses in leopard print, and all the cars and the lemurs are leopard print, too.

Starsailor came to do a concert in Jennville once, and the band liked it so much they never left. Now every Tuesday night, all the people who live in Jennville put on their light, leopard print shirts and walk their lemurs to the town square. Then they sit on the grass, listen to Starsailor play indie music, and eat carrots.

No one has to go to school in Jennville unless they want to. Of course, everybody wants to because Neil Halstead and James Stelfox are two of the teachers. Neil Halstead teaches literature and James Stelfox teaches knitting.

One day Neil Halstead said to James Stelfox, "Maybe we should take the students on a field trip."

"That's a beautiful idea, Neil Halstead," said James Stelfox. "Let's take them to the most fun place we can think of."

"But that would be Jennville," said Neil Halstead.

"You're right!" James Stelfox exclaimed. "Call off the field trip! We're already here!"

There, that is a true story.

:lmao: :heart: :lol:

I LOVE my new town. That is the bestest place EVER. Neil and Stel (knitting :laugh:)...:heart: Sitting in the grass with Starsailor and leopard print lemurs and....and.... :cute: I can't imagine anything better.

ok, I just talked this over with my boss

if Jennville should ever need a public accountant, I'm there

:up:

Carslberg don't do towns but if we did they'd probably be the best towns in the world.

Mr. BAW said:

And that's an old TV game show to us old Mexicans!

:lol: :wave:

Truth or Consequences, population about 7500, is located on Interstate Highway 25 in the Rio Grande valley some 150 miles south of Albuquerque and 75 miles north of Las Cruces. Originally, the location was called Palomas Springs or Las Palomas after the palomas (doves) which frequented the cottonwood trees along the river. In 1914, the name, marked by the local post office, was changed to Hot Springs. (A village a few miles south is still called Las Palomas.)

By the 1940?s, the name of the community was about to change again, a response this time to a publicity stunt by Ralph Edwards, the host of the popular long-running radio show called Truth or Consequences. Edwards had offered nationwide publicity to any city that would change its name to "Truth or Consequences." In a vote in 1950, a majority of the citizens of Hot Springs elected to answer Edwards? challenge, overriding the protests of some residents. In another vote, in 1964, an even larger majority chose to keep the name.

Truth or Consequences ? "T or C" to most New Mexicans ? lies just upstream from Elephant Butte Dam and the lake which makes the region an attraction to snowbirds, tourists and recreation seekers. It is bracketed by the Fra Cristobal and Caballo ranges on the east and the Black Range on the west. As county seat, T or C serves agricultural and ranching interests.

:wave:

elephant's%20back.jpg

nbcrusader said:
What kind of immigration policies does Jennville have?
Fairly open immigration, unlike other countries that kick people out...your passport may, however, need to be marked with musical preferences. Visas will only be denied to those with poor music taste and no potential for reform.

No, money does not exist. That would cause far too much stress. The goodwill of its residents allows Jennville to function in this manner. That said, Salome, your services would still be welcomed, as Megan mentioned. I'm sure we need candy and the other fun items settled that serve a similar purpose as currency.

jkayet said:
That said, Salome, your services would still be welcomed, as Megan mentioned. I'm sure we need candy and the other fun items settled that serve a similar purpose as currency.
so I can be like .... the candyman :hmm:

joyfulgirl said:

Only on gay pride day. :tongue:

T or C is a gay-friendly desert cowboy town. A cool place. :up:

uh, maybe I should've said 'halloween' instead of gay pride day--it suddenly sounds ... wrong. :huh:

which brings me to the following question:
are there any rules re. gay pride parades during Halloween in Jennville?

and if so .... why??

Back
Top Bottom