It's Official #Tell me something scary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
I have to stay up kinda late tonight so I can call my dad and tell him happy Father's Day (it's just 7:30 there and I'm not sure whether or not he was working tonight, so I'm waiting until 1:30am here to call him). Sam is playing Zelda, and I'm in a weird mood, so I've been looking at random stuff on the internet and found this on live journal: http://www.livejournal.com/community/timespinning/. I LOVE things like this (sleep paralysis, out of body experiences, etc.) even though they kinda scare me.

So....tell me fun stories about weird mind things, or unexplained things that have happened to you or people you know. Or anything else scary.

I'm going to make s'mores. :wave:

{offtopicbutweird}I just have a bad feeling about a thread I just posted in Lemonade Stand. :no: I am sweating, knowing that it is probably wrong, and will be closed as soon as someone sees it with "shutting" power. Bad zoney. Bad Bad zoney.:tsk: :tsk: :shame:

ok, meggie. i have one.

once, many years ago, i was in a very, very bad car accident. i was the driver of the car. it was on a southern california freeway, at a very high speed, late at night. i lost control of the wheel, and the small pick-up truck spun sideways. suddenly, i was facing the side of a small economy car, heading straight for them. i could see into the windows, four faces looking right at me. the newspaper headline "innocent victims" flashed in front of my eyes and i passed out cold, losing any control of the vehicle i may have had. it rolled end over end, finally coming to rest on it's side, the windows smashed, my face in glass and pavement. as i came to, i thought i was in a dream. it's hard to describe, but i could see the scene as if i was watching it from a distance. i felt like i was trying very hard to wake myself up. the firemen cheered as i began to move. one shouted, "she's with us!" then, very suddenly, i felt a rush, and i was being lifted by a very strong fireman. i was alive. my cheekbone was fractured, the underside of my chin was split wide open. the gash in my cheek was so deep that i still have a scar. but i was alive.

where was i when i could see the scene from a distance? dreaming? disconnected? out of body? spooky, huh?

a few months later, i was at a party in the neighborhood near the crash, and a girl with very huge, haunted eyes stared at me for a while until she finally approached me and said, "oh my god, it's you. i saw you die." apparently, she'd seen the accident, and thought for sure i had died. i was spooked enough to leave the party.

how's that?

Last edited:
i forgot this part of the story...the seatbelt i was wearing saved my life, but when i had started out that night, i wasn't wearing it. my boyfriend at the time was my passenger, and we were on our way to his band's practice. i had nearly ran over a dog that ran in front of my car. my boyfriend joked and said, "whoa, i'm gonna put my seatbelt on, your driving sucks." so i joked along with him and put mine on, too. we had a good laugh, but that dog saved our lives.

Last edited:
yikes.gif

This isn't really scary, but odd. Just last week I dreamt that I died (along with a number of people) and my body was cremated. In the dream, I had resurrected and was trying to dig up my grave with my bare hands. Apparently, my ashes were not placed in an urn, but a box with...ta-dah(!) a Viewmaster. :scratch: In it was a reel with a picture of me and probably a friend and a relative. Then a friend of mine comes and tells me that he went to the wake of this guy I used to date (yes, he also died in the dream), and that the picture of him they put on display was his baby picture, not a recent one like they usually do. :confused:

Strange. I remember it vividly. And I didn't feel bad or scared when I woke up. I was somewhat relieved. It might be about some kind of rebirth (I heard that dreams of death usually are), as I was not in the best of moods before I went to bed that night.

Back
Top Bottom